Results are In - Most used softsynths are

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OnePingOnly

If anyone disputes the results from this poll http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... &start=120

The purpose of this poll was to determine which kind of synthesis is most popular and note which ones are not. It is up to their developers to determine why that may be the case. perhaps they can learn from more successful makers.

One of the greatest limitations to getting better responses is due to KVR limiting the amount of choices you can include in a poll. There was a 30 limit so some choices got cut. I assume Sylenth1 and Massive are very popular as well - probably #1-3 slot.

If anyone disputes these results, everyone had plenty of opportunity to respond in the comments during the poll. I am not sure what other candidates there are for OTHER but it is doubtful any single softsynth can beat out the contenders.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

It is really sad to see the end of This Plugin era but let's face the facts, 24 times more people are using Other Plugin now
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Worthless.

What a joke ...
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

recursive one wrote:It is really sad to see the end of This Plugin era but let's face the facts, 24 times more people are using Other Plugin now
Since This Plugin apparently wasn't one of the choices, I assume that "Other Plugin" IS This Plugin.

This Plugin is the only reason I still work exclusively on a 32-bit Windows XP system with Cubase 4.

UltimateOutsider wrote:
recursive one wrote:It is really sad to see the end of This Plugin era but let's face the facts, 24 times more people are using Other Plugin now
Since This Plugin apparently wasn't one of the choices
It was, see right below Oddity and right above Repro in that list.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

melodyz wrote: The purpose of this poll was to determine which kind of synthesis is most popular and note which ones are not. It is up to their developers to determine why that may be the case. perhaps they can learn from more successful makers.
So if the point was to find the most popular synthesis method why did you not ask for that instead opposing to ask or specific synths?

My guess it is subtractive synthesis while this is not limited to analog emulations.
Wavetable scanning synthesis seems to be quite popular too and a lot of new synths were released in teh last yearas there (and are still being released).

Most wavetable synths involve both subtractive synthesi and wavetable scanning. Some also combine tgis with Fm and additive synthesis (at least an additive waveform editor). This means several wavetable based syntsh combine multiple synthesis methods. Icarus and UVI Falcon even allow using phase distortion in the wavetable Oscs.

Sample playback wlll be always popular i guess.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Is there a demo for 'Other'?

Other = insta-crash. I hate that plugin! :tantrum:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Interesting, informative and representative results there :lol:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

All you haters are just mad because your favorite synth isnt that great.

melodyz wrote:All you haters are just mad because your favorite synth isnt that great.
Or perhaps because you missed 90% of synths anyway, and, even if you hadn't, the poll would be pointless anyway.

melodyz wrote:
The purpose of this poll was to determine which kind of synthesis is most popular and note which ones are not.
No it wasnt :roll:

The question was "most used software"

Not the same thing... not even close..
Last edited by AnX on Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sylenth 1 & massive - 1% vs one ping - 1%

love that :D

and sure majority of the world use omnisphere

best laugh i had since i have joined kvr. thanks guys

melodyz wrote:All you haters are just mad because your favorite synth isnt that great.
What did you vote for yourself?

Return to “Instruments”