Kontakt glide/portamento and String Ensemble "release" slider

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, can someone tell me how to do glide/portamento in Kontakt? I simply cannot find a way to do it. All the tutorials google/YT gives me don't work :dog:

I have one other issue with "Symphony Essentials - String Ensemble" library, the "release" slider doesn't work... I mean it works but it only changes release ever so slightly, it's very hard to notice in fact. I have to go to the "instrument edit mode" and change release in "modulation section" manually to the value that is noticable.

Does anyone that owns those libraries has the same problem? Or is it supposed to work like that?

Use the "Unisono - Portamento" factory script.

As for the Release knob, it probably works as developers intended it to work - just adjusts the volume of release groups, NOT release time of envelopes.

EvilDragon, I was hoping for your reply :D thanks. When using this String Ensemble lib I can't make that glide though (using this script)... :(

Im making those steps:
1. load library
2. go to instrument edit mode
3. go to script editor
4. choose "unisono - portamento" preset
5. Portamento "On", Time "127" - nothing happens, no glide

I messed with "Mono Mode" as well, "Off", "On", "Legato" - nothing :/

BTW, this is one of the differences between "Symphony Series" and "Symphony Essentials" right? In "Symphony Essentials" you have to do "artificial" glide deeper in the settings, which won't sound as nice as the "natural" or "prerecorded" one in "Symphony Series", which has Legato slider on the main page, am I right?

Yeah, that won't work with all libraries. It's always best if the library already provides glide. So in this case, yes, it's the difference between full and "essentials" version.

Return to “Instruments”