So there's still no solution to removing reverb?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This thread has been made a thousand times probably, but with a lot of creative plugins I seen being released lately, there's no official solution to remove reverb? For me the "space" itself doesn't even have to be removed, but I want to at least get rid of the chamber-like effect, so it can still sound like it's in an open space and not in a closed space.

I know people always say use convolution or have reverb tweaking skills, but they never do it for me. I have a specific reverb plugin I like to use because it shapes my sounds well, and I have to push it, but like every other reverb it makes it sound too closed like it's in a hall, room, chamber, etc, and it's annoying. Reverb removers like zynaptiq, izotope, acon digital, and some other lower end parties I tried just don't do the trick. They simply just remove the space and the chamber is still there, or they remove frequency content, destroying the sound.

It's so easy to create reverb, why is it so hard to adjust and remove it? Any solutions?

yeah i really know what you mean i also dont like the chamber-like effect, there are some possibilities

a) lowpass on the reverb eliminates most of the chamber-like early reflections.

b) this works especially on drums or similar sounds:
copy and paste your sound a few times so you cover around 10-30 sec, set a long reverb time 5-20 seconds, bounce it down, choose a part of your liking and fade the reverb out with automation and bounce it down again.

btw if you want to imitate the sound characteristics of outdoors you hear mostly a echo outside not that much reverb, this would be done with a delay plugin.

it would be helpful if you give an example how you want it to sound like and how it sounds now :)
~Producer of various genres and hybrid stuff~
[Hard-Trance][Hardcore][Techno][Electro-Industrial][Rhythm ’n’ Noise]
https://www.youtube.com/c/yaccmusic

Okay scratch reverb... Is there a way to get rid of syntheticness? Like in Zynaptiq's Morph? Morph's interweave option kills the reverb but makes the audio sound synthetic. I have one way to do it but it alters the sound too much, is there a way to do it without too much alteration?

I've had very good results with Zynaptiq Unveil in reducing room tone and real life reverberation from live recordings. But like noise reduction, the secret is _reduction_, not elimination. The artefacts inherent in any (known) process become too audible if you aim for elimination and AFAIK, there's no magic wand.

Good miking and sensible choice of recording venue remain the foundation…

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

i guess there there is no way removing the syntethicness (not sure what this means) at some point the signal is altered/damaged with no way back, you could mix in the raw sample before you have added reverb and see if that works for you.

but i wonder in what way the reverb shapes your sound, but you want to remove the reverb? what do you want to achieve? a reverb basically diffuses the sound, and its easy to filter the high frequencies out to get rid of the chamber effect.
~Producer of various genres and hybrid stuff~
[Hard-Trance][Hardcore][Techno][Electro-Industrial][Rhythm ’n’ Noise]
https://www.youtube.com/c/yaccmusic

If you want to remove reverb you can use SPL De-Verb? $59 right now: https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... -verb.html

If you want to bring space between you and the sound, you have to use an office like reverb, that will help you push it a little from the listener. For space behind the instrument use a plate and for room effect, sense of space use a hall.

Return to “Sound Design”