Shreddage 2 Engine V3.21 - Updates for S2, IBZ, SRP - Available Now! (August 3, 2016 IBZ Bug fix)

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey, zircon!

I just wanted to post my bugs here as well. I also sent you a message about the issues I'm experiencing with SRP. Guitars 1 and 2 produce a phase-like sound every other single low G when panned closely (within a 50% pan) and all portamento samples completely phase between guitars 1 and 2 and between guitars 3 and 4. I made a video demonstrating it like I have in the past, starting with a completely new install of SRP and the new update, as well as the default patch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytqK3Z-Vgho

Thanks!

OK - looking into it. Thanks for the clear video.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

I also forgot to mention that almost any settings used for the extra pick samples phase. I have set each instance to use a different sample (guitar 1 uses pick sample 1, guitar 2 uses pick sample 2, etc) and they still seem to phase every time no matter what.

Hope all is going well and you're finding the bugs without too much trouble!

Thanks!

We've fixed the issue with the IBZ mutes and replaced the NKC/NKR files in the most recent IBZ update (see original post). Alternatively you can download the updated NKC/NKR here:

http://impactsoundworks.com/Updates/Shr ... _v1_25.nkc
http://impactsoundworks.com/Updates/Shr ... _v1_25.nkr

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

warfighter67 wrote:I'm unable to use SRP with the new nki and instrument files. It fails to resolve my SRP samples and, when pointed to where they are, won't detect them.

Edit: The reason for this is that the instrument is looking for WAV files while the SRP Samples are NCW files.
I never saw a new version of SRP that fixes this issue. Did you fix that issue and I'm blind and unable to find the update, or has it simply not gotten around to yet? :D

Edit: I redownloaded the SRP files and it works now.

Pinch squeals do not seem to be triggering for the range of notes from G# and up (see highlighted keys in screenshot) of instrument S2 IBZ v1_25. Also, for the pinch squeals that are triggering, the alternating of samples sounds bad.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

There are no pinch harmonics in that range because none were recorded; they just didn't sound good any higher... However you can make your own by triggering regular harmonics and adding vibrato!

As for the alternating of samples, the intention is for the articulation to be played as more of an effect rather than at a really precise pitch. That's why we were OK with recording a few different variations for RRs. But it's something we'll keep in mind for future instruments.

These update instructions assume you are updating from the v3.19 engine. If you have an even older version, we recommend re-downloading the entire instrument from your account.
I have Shreddage 2 / 2X and it shows under my orders but when I go to My Products, it says "No downloads available yet." How do I re-download the product?

Shoot us a support ticket and we'll check it out!

zircon wrote:Shoot us a support ticket and we'll check it out!
I actually did a bit ago :) thanks for replying

Hello Zircon,
I am a programmer and musician from Russia. I found some upstroke picking mode keyswitch bug in Shreddage 2 (Original) - v3.21 and fixed it.
Please do next steps:
1) Go to the “Advanced tab”
2) Set some key in the Picking Mode dropdown of the KEYSWITCHES block. In my case I selected G-1 key.
3) Go to the “Perform”page of the “Shreddage 2” tab and click “Advanced” button under the “Shreddage 2” logo.
4) Click on each of the four picking mode keyswitches keys (G-1 – A#-1) of the Kontakt virtual keyboard and watch for the “PICKING MODE” dropdown value and info text above tabs section.
When you press the first three keys (G-1 – A-1), you will see how the picking mode dropdown values and info text change (Economy, Alternate and Down Only picking mode). But when you press the last A#-1 key, nothing happens and picking mode will not change to the “Up Only”.
To fix this bug please do next steps:
1) Click to the “wrench” button, find the “Edit” button that opens a code window and click it.
2) Copy code and paste it to the any text editor.
3) Find line #10776:
if ($EVENT_NOTE>=$PICKING_MODE_NOTE and ($EVENT_NOTE<=($PICKING_MODE_NOTE+2)) and ($PICKING_MODE_NOTE # -1))
and change 2 (in “$PICKING_MODE_NOTE+2”) to 3 (“$PICKING_MODE_NOTE+3”))
4) Copy fixed code and paste it to the Kontakt code window. “Apply from…” dropdown value must be “Edit / Patch”. After pasting a code press Apply.
5) Click to the “wrench” button again and press to the A#-1 key. Picking Mode will successfully changed to “up Only”.
Please check SRP and IBZ versions for the same bugs.
Good luck!

Awesome, using a cracked version of Kontakt to fix bugs to locked scripts! :D

To find a bug, you need to act like a bug, think like a bug and become a bug! 8)

EvilDragon wrote:Awesome, using a cracked version of Kontakt to fix bugs to locked scripts! :D
I would've kept that to myself :P
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

zircon, wondering if there is a 4th Shreddage guitar vst in the works at all?

Return to “Impact Soundworks”