Why Doesn't This Exist?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Why doesn't any manufacturer make a daw controller in a true console format? I'm talking about something like a Behringer X-Touch, Mackie Control, Presonus Faderport 8, BUT with 32 physical motorized faders?

No inputs, no hard drive, no digital fx, no preamps, no converters, no 5" led sreens. Just a large console format DAW controller.

I think maybe Yamaha is doing something along these lines with the Nuage, but the price is profoundly absurd.

I think maybe Tascam did make something like this a few years back, but it was discontinued.

With the Presonus Faderport 8 now bringing an 8 fader motorized DAW control in at $500, why doesn't someone just do the multiplication and bring us something like a Faderport 8 with 32 motorized faders for $2000?

In my mind, I picture something like the Presonus StudioLive 32 Series III, just without the inputs, preamps, converters, led screen etc., and designed to be just a DAW controller?

I'd buy such a thing immediately.

For $2000 buy 4 Faderport 8's ... tbh I doubt there's much of a market for a 32 fader midi controller.

Synapse Audio Dune 3 I'm in love

I found out that every MIDI controller with more than 8 channels gets very expensive and is aimed at professional studios. The only exception is Alesis VI61, which is in fact 16-channel MIDI mixer with additional keyboard.

Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

The Mackie MCU Pro (like its predecessors) can be extended with XT extenders, giving up to 32 faders.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

They do exist in various formats, but it's a massive price for a tiny market.

Can the behringer X32 be used like a MIDI controller ?

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”