Ableton Push support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

An awesome feature for the sequencer would be to allow note length to be set by pressing the start note and then while holding it, pressing the end note

so in 1/16 you could create a 1/8 note - jumping to different note lengths sometimes doesn't work if you want a note to start on a 16th that doesn't fit on a 1/8 or 1/4 grid, but be longer than a 16th

Intuitively this would work the same way that we can currently set the loop length (press the first then press the last)!

isosis wrote:An awesome feature for the sequencer would be to allow note length to be set by pressing the start note and then while holding it, pressing the end note

so in 1/16 you could create a 1/8 note - jumping to different note lengths sometimes doesn't work if you want a note to start on a 16th that doesn't fit on a 1/8 or 1/4 grid, but be longer than a 16th

Intuitively this would work the same way that we can currently set the loop length (press the first then press the last)!
+ 1

isosis wrote:An awesome feature for the sequencer would be to allow note length to be set by pressing the start note and then while holding it, pressing the end note

Yes, cool idea but currently you cannot change the length of the note only create notes in the current resolution.

Long-pressing the button to access "note" mode options (velocity/length) etc like ableton does it might even better better! And actually that goes for the step sequencer as well :0

Right now the only way it seems to change that stuff is via the mouse

isosis wrote:Long-pressing the button to access "note" mode options (velocity/length) etc like ableton does it might even better better! And actually that goes for the step sequencer as well :0

Right now the only way it seems to change that stuff is via the mouse
IIUC, this is currently a limitation of Bitwig's controller API.

Once it is available, I assume moss will add it with his usual (stunning) velocity.

I saw that, but it looked like the issue being addressed as missing in the API was more about gestures than long-pressing (https://github.com/git-moss/Push4Bitwig/issues/29)

Long pressing is implemented in Bitwig's API, since its used for recording note lengths in other modes

I'm probably missing something though!

isosis wrote:I saw that, but it looked like the issue being addressed as missing in the API was more about gestures than long-pressing (https://github.com/git-moss/Push4Bitwig/issues/29)

Long pressing is implemented in Bitwig's API, since its used for recording note lengths in other modes

I'm probably missing something though!
Long pressing is of course supported: length of press = NOTE OFF timestamp - NOTE ON timestamp.

What is not available is an API saying "make this note that length" (again, IIUC) or "set note velocity" or the other items you would expect in the menu you see when you do a long press.

Of course through basic MIDI you can control note length or velocity. But dialing it in via a controller after the note has been created is, AFAIK, yet to be implemented.

Please correct me, moss, if I am wrong with any of the above.

Tadaa, new version 7.34 on the block:
  • New: 2 new drum modes. Press Shift in drum mode and use upper 3 scene buttons to change modes. 2nd mode displays 4 drum sound, 3rd mode 8. Use the lower 4 scene buttons in 2nd mode to toggle between the drum sounds 1-4, 5-8, 9-12, 13-16. Use the lower 2 scene buttons in 3rd mode to toggle the drum sounds 1-8, 9-16.
  • New: Added new scale layout "8th centered". Moved the layout orientation into a separate button.
  • New: Display on screen notification about grid resolution for all sequencers.
  • New: Slight change of the ribbon configuration layout.
  • Fixed: Mute/Solo+Pad in Drum sequencer did also mute/solo the whole track.
  • Fixed: 16 pads (the ones from the drum mode) sent notes in Session mode.
  • Fixed: Change of FX track group was not reflected on controller.
  • Fixed: Octave up/down button turns now off when the end of notes is reached.
  • Fixed: Poly aftertouch error when note was out of range.
  • Fixed: Fixed drum notes not sounding when pads are muted or soloed.
  • Push 2:
    • Fixed: Ribbon LEDs for crossfader in session mode were not displayed correctly.
    • Fixed: Notifications were not shown on the display (e.g. note ranges)
Get it from http://mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html

Enjoy!

I also did a video showing off the two new drum sequencers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVKUk4vPJ7g

Aaaaah now i get it! :o

Thanx! Incredible update again! :tu:

moss wrote:Tadaa, new version 7.34 on the block
Wow, Thanks! :clap:

Really nice update! :phones:

Device browsing is broken for me on the release candidate and latest version of the script, I just get "Please select a device" and nothing else. Pressing the browser button does nothing either.

Hi...

Nevermind/..... :oops:

Hi,

When using Push 4 Bitwig i have been experiencing some issues when I am recording. What will happen is the note will play for a half a second then cut out. If I hold the note down you can see it recording in the timeline but will be playing no sound.

This happens intermittently and only when i am recording.

Any help?

hoice wrote:Hi,

When using Push 4 Bitwig i have been experiencing some issues when I am recording. What will happen is the note will play for a half a second then cut out. If I hold the note down you can see it recording in the timeline but will be playing no sound.

This happens intermittently and only when i am recording.

Any help?
No, idea. What version, OS, etc. are you running?

Return to “Controller Scripting”