New MacBook Pro

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I look forward to them dropping the touch strip in the next incarnation, forcing more change that nobody asked for.

The speakers have been totally redesigned to provide as much as twice the dynamic range and up to 58 percent more volume, with two and a half times louder bass for maximum boom. And they’re connected directly to system power, enabling up to three times more peak power. So they make MacBook Pro the perfect choice for mixing a track on the fly, editing video on location, or enjoying a movie on the go.
Not looking forward to sitting next to a user on a train :(

chk071 wrote:No USB is quite a bummer though
Aint it based on the USB-C standard or something?

"Thunderbolt 3 combines ultra-high bandwidth with the ultra-versatility of the USB-C industry standard"

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/usb-type-c- ... -them-all/

"Thunderbolt 3, once thought to be a USB replacement, will use the same port type as USB-C. This means every Thunderbolt 3 port will also work as a USB-C port and every Thunderbolt 3 cable will work as a USB-C cable."

I really don't get this new kind of invoation. You get less, for more moneh.
YAY \o/

Numanoid wrote:
chk071 wrote:No USB is quite a bummer though
Aint it based on the USB-C standard or something?

"Thunderbolt 3 combines ultra-high bandwidth with the ultra-versatility of the USB-C industry standard"

<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://www.cnet.com/how-to/usb-type-c- ... -all</span>/

"Thunderbolt 3, once thought to be a USB replacement, will use the same port type as USB-C. This means every Thunderbolt 3 port will also work as a USB-C port and every Thunderbolt 3 cable will work as a USB-C cable."
Which would mean that i need a new cable for all my USB devices...

PurpleSunray wrote:I really don't get this new kind of invoation. You get less, for more moneh.
I'd be damned if they don't do that to boost sales, due to the "it costs more, so it makes me worth more, when i buy it" psychlogical thing. Microsoft's Surface devices cost a lot too, so i guess that Apple has to up their game, price wise, to make the devices mroe exclusive. Sounds insane, but that's how it works sometimes, i guess.

chk071 wrote:Which would mean that i need a new cable for all my USB devices...
But it just another cable

https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Ty ... B00S8GU2OC
http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F2CU034/

Hardly something to make a big fuss about :shrug:

zeusweiler wrote:The MagSafe charger was amazing and its dropped
:dog: :dog:

I don't get the beef against MagSafe disappearing.

With USB-C for charging, a user will not need both to carry a charger and a usb cable. The usb cable will be enough to do both tasks.

It means less baggage.

Or maybe it is so that Mac users are much more likely to trip over cables, so they need that child safe magsafe :P

Cables are obsolete, people want wireless connections, such as remote controls, bluetooth headphones, mics, mice, keyboards, "the cloud" etc. It's the iPad "philosophy". I prefer cables, though: more cables means less batteries around, rechargeable or not.

mhog wrote:Cables are obsolete, people want .. bluetooth headphones ..
No, this is what industry wants people to want.
My cable headphones work since 30 years with all kind of devices. No good deal (for the industry). Do you think that Bluetooth will still be a thing in 30 years? I don't think so. You will need new headphones and new devices -> good deal.
And even worse.. I care a lot about only using lossless audio formats.. and then I plugin in my Bluetooth headphones and they convert my lossless audio into SBC?!?!! lol??? fck off :ud:

What I don't understand though is how all the 13 inch models, "only" got 8GB of RAM.

I thought 16GB was a minimum now for such top of the line gear ?

I agree though. Cables suck :)

An excellent thing about USB-C is that it is unform, no more "up or down", both is the same

I need at least three tries to manage to inject a USB stick :oops:

Numanoid wrote:An excellent thing about USB-C is that it is unform, no more "up or down", both is the same

I need at least three tries to manage to inject a USB stick :oops:
I tell you what the problem is.

Nothing uses USB-C right now so to carry on using your current gear you'll either have to buy an expensive hub (or two), a load of new cables, or a load of adapters.

By the time USB-C is ubiquitous, Apple will have dropped it in favour of something new and proprietary to just Apple 'Pro' devices.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”