Any love for Fabfilter Twin 2?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Twin 3

Numanoid wrote:When FabFilter released Twin 2 back in 2009, I guess their design was made as such because of the low res screens back then.

Now 7 years later, most users are on screens that mean one doesn't need to minimize a process in the GUI to be able to see other processes

So for Twin 3, to have an option where all options are available to see on the screen at the same time, is a must
My thoughts exactly. Same for Timeless 2.

I have it. I love it but rarely use it - so many synths, so little time! But if you appreciate the FF modulation routing scheme, Twin totally delivers on that front.

One thing really annoys me, however. CC64 is not hardwired to sustain. You must do some squirrely modulation assignment to get a sustain-like behavior.

speaking of Fabfilter, I haven't heard about them in forever, did they go out of business? wonder what they're up to.

It's a great synth. The more I use it the more I love it. Often overlooked because it doesn't tout zero delay analog modeled blah ble bloop, but it often fits right in the mix and I can dial in what is in my head within minutes. :)

I messed around with the demo, and.it sounds really good! Nice filters (duh). Super easy, and fun to tweak. Nice overall VA sound that is somewhat moog-ish in feel but, it's not yet-another-mini-moog-clone by any means. VERY CPU efficient. I mean, like 3 to 5 percent CPU from what I remember...As a reference my AAS Ultra Analog (also very nice) runs between 7 and 15 percent. I demo'ed Synapse Audio's The Legend (a direct, and seemingly accurate Model D Clone) and it ran as high as 30 percent CPU on my 13 inch MacBook Pro. I think the price of the Twin is a little steep when compared to the Ultra Analog (which I got in a flash sale for 50 bucks from plugin boutique), and the Legend (only 99 bucks), so I'm waiting for a sale. If I could pick it up for less than $100, I would seriously consider it.

BennyLucassi wrote:speaking of Fabfilter, I haven't heard about them in forever, did they go out of business? wonder what they're up to.
They have a release approximately once a year, last year November saw Pro-C2. So something is bound to happen soon.
Definitely not out of business.

Nothing from them since Feb 2.

Too quiet, so I definitely expect something [probably a new version of an existing product (there are quite a few that need it really bad)]. :hyper:

Was always fascinated by that 'different' design, but I found it to difficult to program - especially if you are used to the 'standard' stuff workflow. Has a lot of great professional presets though.

2ZrgE wrote: Has a lot of great professional presets though.
I actually took the time recently to evaluate the presets in Twin 2, and I noticed how talented the guys who designed the presets are. Mind you, some presets were just downright weird, but overall the bread and butter ones were superbly clean and extremely usable. I thought the presets would sound dated, but not at all. Actually, I was surprised to see how many of them were totally usable in a modern Deep House context as well as other modern electronic styles. I was impressed with those guys and the effort that went into those presets.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Return to “Instruments”