UVI releases Synth Anthology 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Falcon UVI Workstation

SLiC wrote: Also get spikes/clicks when pressing after touch and start to get crackles with 3 note chords on the first patch- surely this cant be right, I can play Diva at high quality no problem on my i7?

It's the same with string machine and digital sensations- touch the filter and get crackles....so basically the GUI is unusable and you have to map it by design??
What after touch are you talking about ?
crackles with 3 note chords when using the filter UI or just playing ?
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

The first patch actually leads quickly to 24 voices (even more as a 7 voices unison sub is counted as 1) with a 3 note chords because of the unison on the main and arp on the sub.
on my i7 3770K at 44.1khz 128, I get 22% of CPU
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

otristan wrote:The first patch actually leads quickly to 24 voices (even more as a 7 voices unison sub is counted as 1) with a 3 note chords because of the unison on the main and arp on the sub.
on my i7 3770K at 44.1khz 128, I get 22% of CPU
That's about what I get (I am around 28% average) until I press harder on the keyboard triggering aftertouch midi message...shoots the CPU up (same in Live FYI). Seems to be a different issue to turning the GUI filter.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

How am I gonna get the Step to work ?

I tweak the controls on that page, but it leads to no change in sound

I was hoping that highlighting the filter, would mean I could set the steps with values would modulation the filter in realtime when playing a patch, but nothing happens ?

Don't you have to turn on the part you want to modulate (i/e click on the word 'Filter' and it lights up)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:Don't you have to turn on the part you want to modulate (i/e click on the word 'Filter' and it lights up)
Did that, but nothing happens to the sound ?

I tried to consult the manual, but the page I copied is basically what is stated about the Step page in that.

Edit: Seems I needed to restart the patch to be able to hear the change in sound.

Not the first time I have had to do that, feels a little buggy UVI Workstation at this time ...

@SLiC Poly or channel aftertouch ?

@Numanoid if you have some steps to reproduce, I would gladly have a look. It's pretty weird as I had no report form the sound design team which have made quite some patches with it.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

Just standard channel after touch (panorama P6), seems I can find a few ways to get CPU spikes, and you should be able to move the on screen controls without getting a spikes right? (is it everyone or just me!)

As I said, sounds great, great value, just really surprised I am having crackles on an i7 with what is essentially a sample playback synth, I have no problem with falcon using the filter, sampler, analogue engine, Fx etc.?

otristan wrote:@Numanoid if you have some steps to reproduce, I would gladly have a look. It's pretty weird as I had no report form the sound design team which have made quite some patches with it.
It was in a particular patch I was trying to get it to work, where nothing happened in the sound when I tweaked the controls.

I can't recreate the problem as it got solved by reloading the patch or switching to another patch

I also had a problem in FX section the other day that adding FX like Thorus to a patch had no effect on the sound, I had to restart the patch to be able to get that to work.

SLiC wrote:Just standard channel after touch (panorama P6), seems I can find a few ways to get CPU spikes, and you should be able to move the on screen controls without getting a spikes right? (is it everyone or just me!)
Got some idea that I will check on Monday which should help that for the cutoff.

In the meantime, as you have Falcon, you can MIDI learn the cutoff knob in the Falcon edit view.
This one should be smooth.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

No worries, it's not a show stopper and it's not all the patches...just a bit weird....

First Look: Synth Anthology 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXZpjzBXq5k
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

Would it be possible to sort this mammoth of patches specifically by Name of instrument? I've Owned Synths Anthology 1 + Synth Legacy, and now this Synth, and I've always wanted to sort by the actual Instrument, like for example , just Andromeda Patches etc..

Can this be added as an update?
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

trusampler wrote:Would it be possible to sort this mammoth of patches specifically by Name of instrument? I've Owned Synths Anthology 1 + Synth Legacy, and now this Synth, and I've always wanted to sort by the actual Instrument, like for example , just Andromeda Patches etc..

Can this be added as an update?
You can do this with the search function in the UVI Workstation browser

Expand Search at the top left in the menu, click on Instruments, and search for ADR, should bring up every Andromeda patch

Hmm... I own Falcon and Synth Legacy (I also own a few other individual titles that are part of Vintage Vault: e.g. Synth Legends, Digital Synsations). What is the value-add incentive for me to spend another $49 on SA2?

New GUI?
Brand new presets (how many?)?
More synths (how many?)?
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Return to “Instruments”