Strike! A couple of questions...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just installed Strike from the AIR bundle. I've only had a quick workout with it so far, and I like what I hear. But I have two quick questions...

1. I can't seem to find/access the FX section. Is there one? My needs are simple--I would just like to apply a bit of reverb on the snares (part of my secret formula). Can I do it within Strike or do I need to use outside routing?

2. How do I get MIDI patterns out of Strike and into Cubase for editing? I didn't see a dropdown menu, but can I drag 'n drop from the assigned keys?

Thank you!
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

Hey there :)

1) This is built into the Mixer section. For more information check out page 44 of the user guide which is located in the program folder on PC and Applications > Air on Mac.

2) There is a fully featured built in editor for this please see page 22 for more details.

Hope this helps if in doubt drop us a line :)
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

sbangs_air wrote:Hey there :)

1) This is built into the Mixer section. For more information check out page 44 of the user guide which is located in the program folder on PC and Applications > Air on Mac.

2) There is a fully featured built in editor for this please see page 22 for more details.

Talk about precise answers! Thanks. My next project will be to find the manual which I assume is in the same folder that the zip file unpacked to.

I see you're affiliated with AIR. My complements to the chef. I'm new to AIR instruments, but I've been having a blast discovering them this week.

cheers
-B
Berfab
So many plugins, so little time...

If in doubt you can also get the help file by clicking on the settings menu in the Plugin.
This is also a really helpful video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM81EudUC5I

Thank you really glad to hear your enjoying your plugins :)
Software Brand Manager

inMusic Brands
AIR | Akai Professional | Alesis | ▲lto Professional | Denon DJ | Denon Professional | ION Audio | M-Audio | Marantz Professional | MixMeister | Numark | SONiVOX
Email. sbangs@inmusicbrands.com

I used Strike in this track. It is the acoustic kit around 1/2 way in. it also comes in the break and through the end of the first section.

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/th ... ilizations

I also got Strike, and I was wondering if it´s possible to trigger another VST when Strike is playing? I like the features of Strike, but I want to use my Kontakt 60´s drummer for the sounds.

Thanks

Best Regards

Roman Empire

BERFAB wrote:2. How do I get MIDI patterns out of Strike and into Cubase for editing?
You buy Groove Agent 4. :hihi:
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Roman Empire wrote:

I also got Strike, and I was wondering if it´s possible to trigger another VST when Strike is playing? I like the features of Strike, but I want to use my Kontakt 60´s drummer for the sounds.

Thanks

Best Regards

Roman Empire

Any answer to this?

Best Regards

Roman Empire
Best Regards

Roman Empire

Di-mestrial bump.

Roman Empire wrote:I like the features of Strike, but I want to use my Kontakt 60´s drummer for the sounds.

Thanks

Best Regards

Roman Empire
You want to be able to record the midi to another track, I'm guessing.. is your only way. There may be another way, but how I would do it - I normally just use midi notes as triggers for patterns on the track that I have Strike on, and I am guessing or wondering if strike actually outputs the midi? So what you could try is setting up another midi track, and have its input set to Strike (Strike track's output), then arming the new midi track and hitting record, with the strike track (already arranged how you want it using the midi trigger notes) playing. It might work and you will end up with a midi drum track on the new track..

Question is what format is the new midi drum track? If it is some sort of GM for drums, you might be able to easily re-map it to whatever drum VST you are wanting to use.

Anyway, I'd be willing to bet you can get midi drum parts from strike, I've just never needed to do it. And then just figure out how the strike midi part is laid out. Then you just need to remap it to the VSTi format you need.

Edit: you can record midi and then export it. It is in GM format. See the following video:

https://vimeo.com/78754807

I am assuming that you could build up your entire song's drums however you wish, either by playing it real-time (and recording the midi at the same time) or you could do what I do and record the midi notes that act as strike pattern triggers, and then go back, play the track while you record the midi; and then export it. Like I said, it is GM format midi (select that as your option), so you need to find a way to remap the GM midi track into another drum plugin's midi format, if the latter doesn't accept GM.

As far as I can tell, you cannot directly output the midi. You have to record it as described above. I tried to get midi output from the sequencer as it would have a lot of value, but I don't think that it can do that.

ghettosynth wrote:As far as I can tell, you cannot directly output the midi. You have to record it as described above. I tried to get midi output from the sequencer as it would have a lot of value, but I don't think that it can do that.
Good info. I guess then the only way is to build the strike drum part as you want to, and then use the "record midi" option to create a midi part / track for it. It will be GM midi, which may be able to drive other drum VSTi.

Thanks all, and sorry for my late reply - was losing hope to get any more out of this thread :D
Really a pitty that it can´t spit out the midi data on the fly, would be so much better for the workflow but I may look into the suggested method which at least is SOME sort of workaround.

Best Regards

Roman Empire

Roman Empire wrote:Thanks all, and sorry for my late reply - was losing hope to get any more out of this thread :D
Really a pitty that it can´t spit out the midi data on the fly, would be so much better for the workflow but I may look into the suggested method which at least is SOME sort of workaround.

Best Regards

Roman Empire
Agreed, that would elevate this product for me as well.

Return to “Instruments”