New MacBook Pro

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The other issue is that now USB is no longer U. What cable do you include with hardware? USB-C or USB-A?

Most likely manufacturers will go with the lowest-common denominator and keep shipping USB-A cables.
Image Image Image Image

As Thunderbolt is being dropper and it was not widely adopted.
dedication to flying

tehlord wrote:Nothing uses USB-C right now so to carry on using your current gear you'll either have to buy an expensive hub (or two), a load of new cables, or a load of adapters.
Somehow I think you made the same complaint 15 years ago when USB took over, cried about there being no more 0|0|0| input for your printer, or no more PS2 input for your mouse

Welcome to the future :borg:

Numanoid wrote:I don't get the beef against MagSafe disappearing.

With USB-C for charging, a user will not need both to carry a charger and a usb cable. The usb cable will be enough to do both tasks.

It means less baggage.

Or maybe it is so that Mac users are much more likely to trip over cables, so they need that child safe magsafe :P
Nope! One of my bosses dogs has sent her laptop flying on two occasions, after getting tangled in the cables

That's why I am a cat person 8)

No magsafe can ever prevent this :D

Numanoid's secret for adding analog warmth is out!
Image Image Image Image

:)

PurpleSunray wrote:
mhog wrote:Cables are obsolete, people want .. bluetooth headphones ..
No, this is what industry wants people to want.
My cable headphones work since 30 years with all kind of devices. No good deal (for the industry). Do you think that Bluetooth will still be a thing in 30 years? I don't think so. You will need new headphones and new devices -> good deal.
And even worse.. I care a lot about only using lossless audio formats.. and then I plugin in my Bluetooth headphones and they convert my lossless audio into SBC?!?!! lol??? fck off :ud:
Well, by "people" I mean the masses, not you and I. Apple products are for the masses.

I've read so much conflicting information as to whether there will be support for my "ancient" Apple Thunderbolt display. I've got a nice setup now daisy chaining that to my UAD interface (also Thunderbolt). My guess is that the new Macbooks with Thunderbolt 3 will not be able to link up to an Apple Thunderbolt display, even with an adaptor, because of different protocols.

As a long time fan of Apple notebooks, this is pretty dismaying. So, to get a computer that's actually useful, I need to spend $1799. Not the $1499, because that has two Thunderbolt ports; one for the monitor, one for power. Even if I get the $1799 model, I still need a sack of adapters to actually use the damn thing.

I don't know, man. This kinda sucks. I am really disappointed, and the TouchBar thing seems really gimmicky.

I'm not likely to trip over the cable, as I won't be buying one at that insane price. I will however be more likely to trip over my wallet with the money I will save not buying a MBP lol

polaris20 wrote:and the TouchBar thing seems really gimmicky.
I am not sure

Could be the first step in a process to get rid of the regular keyboard, and just add a second screen there instead

Numanoid wrote:
polaris20 wrote:and the TouchBar thing seems really gimmicky.
I am not sure

Could be the first step in a process to get rid of the regular keyboard, and just add a second screen there instead
Won't happen. Nothing beats tactile feedback.

I foresee the next model to become like a Nintendo Dual Screen

To be able to get the book even thinner, the regular keyboard needs to go.

If they do away with the keyboard the iPad Pro 15" they release at some point will eventually replace the MacBook Pro they have already started the AU port. And it will look silly and it will also cost £400 more than a MacBook Pro. I'm sure Apple think everyone has An unlimited expendable bank account exclusive to purchasing there devices, soldering shit like ram to logic boards.
Last edited by zeusweiler on Fri Oct 28, 2016 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”