Microsoft Groove Music Maker

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No one noticed this????
I've just saw it on a Windows 10 video.
Some info here:
http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft ... unce-today

The fact that, to paraphrase the article, "it's more simplistic than Audacity" is one reason. That it looks like it's still in alpha stage is another.
And if/when it is finally released, you'll probably have to give Microsoft your life history before you can use it.

Ayorinde wrote:And if/when it is finally released, you'll probably have to give Microsoft your life history before you can use it.
They'll settle for a DNA profile.

It makes Magix Music Maker look like Pro Tools ultimate

UltimateOutsider wrote:
Ayorinde wrote:And if/when it is finally released, you'll probably have to give Microsoft your life history before you can use it.
They'll settle for a DNA profile.
We can only hope...

... that they wear rubber gloves. :o :D

I love that they think this might be an alternative to Garageband. It's that kind of boundless optimism that keeps Microsoft afloat these days.
Image Image Image Image

sprnva wrote:I love that they think this might be an alternative to Garageband. It's that kind of boundless optimism that keeps Microsoft afloat these days.
They are floating very well.

Their problem is that they are not content with that, they think they also need to be "cool"

Maybe they should focus on upgrading Paint instead.

sprnva wrote:I love that they think this might be an alternative to Garageband. It's that kind of boundless optimism that keeps Microsoft afloat these days.
I sincerely hope they aim something more than Garageband. If you take off the sounds that come with it, the application itself is worthless (but probably, the Groove Music Maker will point in the same direction, unfortunately) :(
Fernando (FMR)

So If Microsoft wants to be like Apple the next logical step would be to buy themselves a DAW and a famous synth, and then make them Windows Store exclusives. I nominate Reaper and Omnisphere.
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote:So If Microsoft wants to be like Apple the next logical step would be to buy themselves a DAW and a famous synth, and then make them Windows Store exclusives. I nominate Reaper and Omnisphere.
Well they've done that in the past and killed Bars and Pipes, one of the most interesting and creative sequencers ever IMO
Amazon: why not use an alternative

robotmonkey wrote:So If Microsoft wants to be like Apple the next logical step would be to buy themselves a DAW and a famous synth, and then make them Windows Store exclusives. I nominate Reaper and Omnisphere.
I thought Microsoft more or less had the lockdown on BitWig

Earlier this year there was a showcase of how well BitWig worked with Microsoft Surface.

So I they gonna buy somebody up, I think it will be BitWig

Numanoid wrote:
I thought Microsoft more or less had the lockdown on BitWig

Earlier this year there was a showcase of how well BitWig worked with Microsoft Surface.

So I they gonna buy somebody up, I think it will be BitWig
I think you're probably right but I hope it will be Reaper as then we will have end to someone always saying why dont you use Reaper in every daw problem thread because Reaper will be sh1t. :hihi:
No signature here!

Why would Microsoft want to be like Apple? Microsoft has a higher market share than Apple. If "want to be like Apple" means that you have to treat your customers more and more like stupid children, who don't know what they want, then you are right though. That seems to be the trend. But then, that trend is obvious everywhere. And, frankly, the companies do have a point with that, because the average consumer gets dumber and dumber.

I think the problem is they're both trying to figure out how to keep PCs relevant in a post-PC world. The problem is, by adding/removing stuff to make them more like mobile devices, they're not making them any more attractive to the post-PC people who have already moved to mobile devices. And at the same time, they're alienating the PC people who just want to try and get some work done.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”