skins for discoDSP's OB-Xd synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

ooooohhhhhhhhhh, but the buttons are blue.

Never mind, I see it's the one that comes with the download. I've changed out my skin so much I've lost track.

Made a few minor adjustments.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image Image

:tu:

Just a small note. Shouldn't the section labeled Master be labeled Filter?
Here you go 8)
main.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

A small update on my skin.
Added the drop shadow on the knobs, reworked the one on the switches, reworked the legato/voices display, tweaked the font size on "OB-Xd" and "Virtual Synthesizer" and added a very slight gradient over the whole skin.
Here's the download link > seventynine

Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

"She cannae take any more, Captain. She's gonna blow!"
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Carbonflake wrote:A small update on my skin.
Added the drop shadow on the knobs, reworked the one on the switches, reworked the legato/voices display, tweaked the font size on "OB-Xd" and "Virtual Synthesizer" and added a very slight gradient over the whole skin.

Thanks ! Magnificent ! :hail: Am I the only person who wonders how it would look with black labels with no boxes around them ? Seems like it would declutter the GUI a bit but maybe that's just my old eyes..... :hihi:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

well done buddy. It's the most detailed one yet. The only suggestion I would have to make it better is get rid of the whole "virtual synthesizer" under OB-Xd. It's crowded and unnecessary to me, but that's JMO. Nice skin.

The skin looks great, but I would love if the switches were a bit taller, and more closer looking to the real ones in the OB-X like in this picture. Apart from that, I love all the rest :clap:
Fernando (FMR)

I don't know if this is the right place to place older version skin,but here it goes.

I made some improvements to my skin of the special version of obxd (version 1.1,(x32)):
- wood panels
- larger knobs,with softer apparence (shader)
- small change on button (shader)
- smaller logo

hope you like the new GUI :

download here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vw49jdba0xud5 ... 3.rar?dl=0
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:I love being able to mix and match elements from the different UI's so easily.

I took the DavidF skin, modified the colors/contrast a bit, edited the buttons slightly, then took Carbonflake Legato/Voice text and made my own skin. I won't share this since all I did was edit other people's work (and didn't even spend much time doing it).
OB-Xd.jpg
I took my modified/compiled skin and tweaked the logo. Again, not distributing because I've just taken other people's work and edited, but think it looks cool (not sure I love the words Virtual Analog Synthesizer and how they look, but the space felt very empty without them).
OBXD New Logo.jpg

sergiofrias wrote:I don't know if this is the right place to place older version skin,but here it goes.

I made some improvements to my skin of the special version of obxd (version 1.1,(x32)):
- wood panels
- larger knobs,with softer apparence (shader)
- small change on button (shader)
- smaller logo

hope you like the new GUI :
[img]https://lh3.<span%20class="skimlinks-unlinked">googleusercontent.com/PL4uhkv9FXbuiR7Or74huTSMUZ9OfFtkYuYc_14MQI8nMrpVTUoyiXj1J83EHNJ_Nt847Csx-g=w1920-h1080-rw-no</span>[/img]

download here:
<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https: ... l=0</span>
Woah, that looks almost like the OP-X skin now. :) Small niggle: The fonts for the knob labels looks a bit blurry, and the OB-Xd logo is too big. Other than that, it's nice.

It seems we've created quite a collection of skins by now!
I've read the different requests regarding mine and did some changes (again!).
I made the buttons bigger (that's as tall as they get) and have added 2 versions of the main.png into the "extra" folder: one with black labels and no boxes (for Teksonik) and another one with no "virtual synthesizer" text (for Dasheesh). All you need to do is rename them to main.png and overwrite the regular main.png.
And that's the final version of my skin. I got to the point where fiddling with all the little details became too tedious.

edit 01/11/2016:
I've added a vintage skin with faded blue and wear-like texture.

edit 05/11/2016:
Fixed a 1-pixel error on the button.png file.

The download link doesn't change > seventynine

Regular skin

Vintage skin
Last edited by Ghostwave on Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Am I correct that there's no way to make any velocity sensitivity with this synth?

Return to “Instruments”