Using Variations with the Generic Generator

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There are several/many things I don't understand about the generic generator.

(1) When I first lay it down, I can click on the arrows in the right hand corner and get some variations. But I can't tell if there is any sequence to the variations, of if they are just random.

(2) Is there any way to specify a type of chord pattern, i.e. jazz, pop, etc.

(3) I am trying to use the phrase variations with the generic generator. It seems to work by dragging the items from the variations over to the generic generator. Some items work like that (for example, double phrase). But other items either don't drag or don't work.

For example, I started a jazz guitar phrase, and it was much too low. I tried setting transpose, dragging it over there, and nothing happened. The I fiddled with it some more and it got very high, but I don't know what I did. Then I turned the value back down and nothing happened, even after I dragged it over. How does this work. Are the values semitones?

Mirror Horizontally seemed to do something, but then the generator was gone, and the phrase was marked rendered.

Is there something you can tell me that can help me understand how to better use the generic generator and get good variations?

Tiger

Return to “MusicDevelopments”