"Resetting" license history of computers?

Official support for: lennardigital.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Basically had Sylenth1 installed on my desktop PC for years... then moved abroad and bought a laptop, installed Sylenth1 there and no problem so far. Then this laptop malfunctioned and had to be returned (I uninstalled Sylenth1 but at that time I didn't know you have to manually "unlink" the license from the PC).

Now I want to install it on a new computer, which would be the third, even though it's the only one I currently use, and I can't activate it. Is there a way to "reset" the history of computers that my license is bound to? It's kind of useless that a defective PC that was returned still has my license there.

I know I can purchase additional uses of an existing license but it's not ideal in my case.

Thank you.

Hi,

Yes, you can delete the lost activations via the customer area on the website:

https://www.lennardigital.com/sylenth1/user/account.php

Hi,
Thank you for the reply. I have accessed the customer area a few times but never found that option.

All I see is:
Activated machines: 0 (out of 2) ->[This doesn't seem correct, by the way...]
You can purchase additional machine activations here.

In that case you're most likely using Sylenth1 v2.x, not v3.0.

You said you can't activate Sylenth1 on your new computer, what's the error message that Sylenth1 gives you exactly?

I initially tried to install 1.X by mistake (had that installer in my plugins folder from when I bought it years ago) but couldn't activate it so I downloaded 3.X with the same negative results.

When I try to activate I drag and drop the license file but nothing happens, I get no message and the interface stays with the Demo version text.

Ah you are using the demo version, which cannot be activated. You need to download and install the full version from the links in your license email.

I followed the links in my license email and reinstalled the full 3.Xv , still when I open Sylenth1 in my sequencer it says Demo version and I cannot activate.

Would it be possible for me to give you my license number so you can log in and see what's going on? Sorry for all the trouble by the way >.<

In that case you have multiple installations of Sylenth1 on your computer (both demo and full) in different VST folders, and your sequencer is loading the wrong one (demo version).

To fix the problem, uninstall Sylenth1. Then search ALL your VST folders (in the 32 and 64bit Program Files directories) for leftover files or folders named Sylenth1 and delete everything.

After that download and install the latest full version of Sylenth1 and make sure to install it in the correct VST folder (which your sequencer uses to load VST plugins from!).

Install ONLY the 32bit version if you're using a 32bit host sequencer.
Install ONLY the 64bit version if you're using a 64bit host sequencer.
Do not install both the 32 and 64bit versions, unless you know exactly what you are doing.

Also please read and follow these instructions closely:
https://www.lennardigital.com/support/install.php
https://www.lennardigital.com/support/load.php

Lennard wrote:In that case you have multiple installations of Sylenth1 on your computer (both demo and full) in different VST folders, and your sequencer is loading the wrong one (demo version).
Oh my!! THAT was the problem!! phew... now it's finally working, activated and functional with v3.x :D

Thank you so much, I noticed even if you uninstall Sylenth1 the .dll files are left in the folders. I was manually deleting them in the Steinberg folder but didn't know they were also somewhere else, and they were causing the issue.

I really appreciate your support and would like to congratulate you on this amazing synth. Despite having many other and more complex synths, Sylenth is always my go-to when it comes to building the sound I have in my head as quickly and easily as possible. I've been using it for almost 3 years and it's nice that it's also so light weight so now my laptop can handle it as well :)

Thank you again and have a great weekend!

Komorebi wrote:Thank you so much, I noticed even if you uninstall Sylenth1 the .dll files are left in the folders.
Just for the record, I does actually delete those. But if you install a second time right over an existing installation in different VST folders, and then uninstall it, it'll delete only the dll files from the last installation.
Komorebi wrote:I really appreciate your support and would like to congratulate you on this amazing synth. Despite having many other and more complex synths, Sylenth is always my go-to when it comes to building the sound I have in my head as quickly and easily as possible. I've been using it for almost 3 years and it's nice that it's also so light weight so now my laptop can handle it as well :)

Thank you again and have a great weekend!
You're welcome, glad you like it! :tu:

Return to “LennarDigital”