Freddie Mercury's Fazioli has arrived

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

One week €99 intro price instead of €149 at Wavesfactory:
https://www.wavesfactory.com/mercury/
And here's a Making Of vid:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eb4uOe4sPzI
60GB (half in NI-format) for Kontakt Player and NKS compatible. Wonderful sound and great GUI.
Had been waiting for this one. Very happy now!

Awesome, can't wait! It's times like this a sucky internet connection really feels painful! (first world problems :D)

Hey guys,

did you buy it? I'm asking because I can't add the piano to my full Kontakt version. I tried everything and it always shows "no library found" :( The piano sounds so good but I can't use it. Thanks for help.
First and foremost: We need great songs (again)

Works fine here (Mac, El Capitan).
Absolutely love this grand piano. My favorite, together with ImpactSoundworks' Pearl.

Songwriter101 wrote:Hey guys,

did you buy it? I'm asking because I can't add the piano to my full Kontakt version. I tried everything and it always shows "no library found" :( The piano sounds so good but I can't use it. Thanks for help.
It's not a Kontakt Player library so you cannot add it to Libraries tab. Load it from Files browser.

EvilDragon wrote:
Songwriter101 wrote:Hey guys,

It's not a Kontakt Player library so you cannot add it to Libraries tab. Load it from Files browser.
Really? Thought I saw a screenshot on the Wavesfactory fb page with it in the libraries tab?

Ah, my bad - I didn't actually see the product page, but I assumed since a LOT of Wavesfactory libraries are not for Kontakt Player. My apologies.

OK so when you go and add the library, which folder do you choose? You need to choose the one that has the .nicnt file in it. Not "Instruments", not "Samples", but the library root folder. Also, which Kontakt version are you on?

I'm still looking for one really good piano to go with the usual Komplete (not KU) ones and I also have some Toontrack libraries with uprights and retro electrics. Intro offer is nearly up and I'm wondering if I should go for this. Una Corda is at a nice price also but I will be upgrading Komplete when the upgrades go on offer sometime next year. Just wondering how this will compare with some of the other 'super' libs like Production Voices Grand (no longer on sale) or the 8dio Steinway (smaller lib but sounds good)? Would it run OK on a MacBook Pro? (I assume HQ mode is only for offline bounce or else big buffer sizes).

It's mainly for just the pleasure of playing it but if it sits well with some synths for some Frahm style noodling then that's a bonus. The demos of Mercury are amazing (but some totally drowned out by orchestra - why?!). I like the warmth and intimacy of this, I also like Piano in Blue, another one with great character and history but this is much more tweakable and flexible. If you've had a chance to spend some time with it I'd value your opinions.

In the end I took the plunge after not much investigation, demos were great and the dev seems very reactive and open to suggestions on GS with a favorable reception. Still interested in opinions from anyone who can compare it, at least while I'm downloading the mammoth!

Good decision. I have the Komplete 10 Ultimate ones, the ProductionVoices Grand Gold and Piano in Blue, but Wavesfactory's Mercury is in a league of its own, together with that ImpactSoundworks Pearl. They're just so musically inspiring that you won't stop playing. And working fine on a 2012 MacBook Pro i7.

Hey Fleer, thanks for the info, much appreciated. Really looking forward to trying this out now and nearly downloaded but 4am here already! I'll give it a go in the morning. Great to hear it stands up to some of the best I've heard so far. Jesus at Wavesfactory seems to have gone the extra mile on this one!

Thank you very much for the nice feeback, guys!

I just wanted to remind you that Mercury is still available for €99 intro price, but only for a few hours.
It goes full price (€149) tomorrow.

www.wavesfactory.com/mercury

EvilDragon wrote:Ah, my bad - I didn't actually see the product page, but I assumed since a LOT of Wavesfactory libraries are not for Kontakt Player. My apologies.

OK so when you go and add the library, which folder do you choose? You need to choose the one that has the .nicnt file in it. Not "Instruments", not "Samples", but the library root folder. Also, which Kontakt version are you on?
Sorry for replying late and thanks for the input.
It's working now. I had to start up Kontakt as an Admin and then add the library.

The piano sounds so inspiring 8) Never had this feeling with a VST, cause this one doesn't feel like a VST :D
First and foremost: We need great songs (again)

1.0.1 Update fixes the issues with missing samples that caused some presets to crash Kontakt.

I'm sure that the sampling and the whole product is brilliantly made.
But there are already so many great pianos, both sampled and modelled.
Is the Freddies piano really something that special and distinctive? Yes, Fazioli grands are good pianos but so are all the Steinways, Bösendorfer and Yamahas, is the famous player the only reason? Sorry, just asking. :?

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”