Was Focusrite Red plugins Exclusive to issue 236 only?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This seems like a first from CM. Usually, you get all the plugins from previous issues in the latest edition. I have issue 238 and the RED series is nowhere to be found! Anyone know if RED is exclusive to issue 236 only?
I have the digital version of CM- btw.

Issue 239 will be out- 12/28/16. It features A cut down version of Acustica's Pink channel strip. Looks to be the EQ section.

That's not the case - only some plug-ins are added to the collections that is available each month.

RED is on cm236 only, I believe (I've just looked and it is not on cm238).
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:That's not the case - only some plug-ins are added to the collections that is available each month.

RED is on cm236 only, I believe (I've just looked and it is not on cm238).
Thanks for the confirmation about the red series. As for the monthly plugins... The RED series is the first time I haven't seen plugins included in subsequent releases. As I think about it, they're not a special CM version either, so they're likely not authorized to keep including them since the red plugs are still being sold. Other than that... I've gotten plugins from issues I didn't buy because they're apart of the CM studio series.

I have the Blue series anyway, so no big deal.

pc2000 wrote:The RED series is the first time I haven't seen plugins included in subsequent releases.
It's definitely happened before, GuruCM off the top of my head, I think z3ta+ and Rapture too.

You could always buy a copy of that issue in their app or zinio and then use the online vault. I assume it's in there (haven't checked)

It was in there last week, when I downloaded it. Even though I already have it via my Focusrite interface.

I was really surprised by the Red EQ. It fit my guitar signal very well. I've got a ton of other EQs but the Red just has a nice character that tames my guitar sound. Well worth the price of the magazine. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:I was really surprised by the Red EQ. It fit my guitar signal very well. I've got a ton of other EQs but the Red just has a nice character that tames my guitar sound. Well worth the price of the magazine. :tu:
Yup. I've always liked Red series for guitar. The other Focusrite series(previous one)is not bad with guitar also. It's a bit thicker sounding than the Red series.

Return to “Effects”