Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

I'm experiencing some issues with the avenger demo in ableton. After somes minutes of use, it crashes completely my computer (my monitors screens turn black) and the only thing I can do is to reset my computer. If somebody has the same issue..

Exiled wrote:I'm experiencing some issues with the avenger demo in ableton. After somes minutes of use, it crashes completely my computer (my monitors screens turn black) and the only thing I can do is to reset my computer. If somebody has the same issue..
Computer overheating?

Don't think so, i'm monitoring with HWMonitor, my CPU Cores are around 96°F, Mainboard 87°F.

Ok the GPU is at 110°F with avenger and 96°F without but this is still acceptable i think.
Last edited by Exiled on Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chk071 wrote: I guess it'd be easy for the devs, or testers to work that out, Reaper is available as a 60-days no limitation test version, and isn't too expensive either. I'm sure it has been tested already too, so i'd rather think it is installation/hardware dependant, or something.
Although in the case of Avenger, they may be in the class of users who actually make money with Reaper (as a test DAW for their synth), in which case they might fit in the category for which Reaper is expensive.
Exiled wrote:I'm experiencing some issues with the avenger demo in ableton. After somes minutes of use, it crashes completely my computer (my monitors screens turn black) and the only thing I can do is to reset my computer. If somebody has the same issue..
Given the reports, it seems there is a *major* issue concerning the programming of the GPU. If there is a way to turn off GPU optimization, I would strongly recommend to turn it off until this issue is sorted out. If that means turning off the GC at the driver level, better do it rather than frying your hardware.
Last edited by lolilol1975 on Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No issues with Live on my 2 PCs (laptop and main daw) 64bit Win 10
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

The GUI is also using a huge amount of resources on my machine too when the GUI is open, I'm win 10 with GTX 1070. CPU usage also goes up from 0 - 15%, and the GPU temp shot up from 39-49 degrees within a couple of minutes. I was using Cantabile 3 lite as the host.

Guys, maybe you should report your graphic card model and your version of the driver you run. This might help the developers.

Also, what happens if you turn off the anti aliasing ?

I think I read someone said I was "lying". That is a strange misuse of the word when offering my opinion on something...so whoever said it, check yourself.

On the GPU side of things I have an older AMD card (HD 6770) in my DAW. It is running at 1080p. And no overheating/GPU issues that I found.

I tested this also on a newer machine I have (i7 6700K) which I will be turning into my new DAW which has 4K display driven by nVidia GTX 960. I did not notice a GPU issue there either...but did not thoroughly test it either to be fair.

I also tested on my laptop (just to be clear, this was the beta v19 on my eLicenser switching between machines) an older i7 960 with an AMD processor and had no issues as well...but again I did not run any GPU test on either of the latter machines.

Would be interested in how many are seeing GPU issues and under what circumstances/computer builds.

Edit-
lolilol1975 wrote:Guys, maybe you should report your graphic card model and your version of the driver you run. This might help the developers.

Also, what happens if you turn off the anti aliasing ?
Exactly you posted just before me.

izonin wrote:OK people be careful! Avenger almost fried my graphics card. My GPU has passive cooling so the first warning sound I got was the squealing noise from the chip. When I checked what's going on with CPUID HWmonitor, the GPU utilization was 95-96% and the temps approaching 90 degrees! Everything went back to normal when I closed the Avenger GUI, but my card still makes weird scratching noises plus a constant whistling sound.
Try updating the drivers for your graphics card and try again

Also seeing unreasonably high GPU load ~80% with Intel HD4600. This should definitely be adressed.

This is really a strange issue with the GPU!! None of the beta testers had such a problem!

I still have the beta on my desktop and laptop with no such problems at all. I don't have new graphic cards (nVidia gtx 750 and gt 740 ). I'm noticing that those who have problems, mostly with current or new graphics (external or integral).

I suggest that if you have a new system, don't use Avenger, till the developer solve this 'serious' problem with the new GPUs.

Using two PCs with Windows 10 64-bit with different versions of an older Radeon HD graphics card (HD 4670 and HD 8570) and i did not notice GPU overheating so far.

Don't need the latest graphics cards as i do not really play games since around 10 years now (except Chess sometimes which does not really need 3D...). Before that i always had the latest ones too and a new PC around every 2 years.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

ok - so how do you hold the Arps/Drums please either with or without the sustain pedal ?

can't find anything obvious but probably looking in wrong place !

EnGee wrote:This is really a strange issue with the GPU!! None of the beta testers had such a problem!

I still have the beta on my desktop and laptop with no such problems at all. I don't have new graphic cards (nVidia gtx 750 and gt 740 ). I'm noticing that those who have problems, mostly with current or new graphics (external or integral).

I suggest that if you have a new system, don't use Avenger, till the developer solve this 'serious' problem with the new GPUs.
Fairly new system over here with an AMD RX480. I have no GPU issues at all. All running smooth (GPU-wise). The CPU is another story; when the UI is open, my CPU is displaying a load of around 50~55%.

I did not experienced a huge increase neither in GPU nor in CPU load when Avenger GUI is active.
The temprature of my fanless Geforce GT730 goes up to around 50 C from 47... but no CPU spin-up at all.

Return to “Instruments”