Is this freebie useful, if I have (old) Rapture and Dimension Pro?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So this needs Internet connection? What a pity...

swatwork wrote:
idfpower wrote:
Markku wrote:Thanks! No need to download 4GB then! :D
Uh? 4GB? The install is just 448 MB. But yeah.
The instrument installer is 448 MB. The soundsets, which are separate downloads, add up to about 4GB.
What soundsets? Mine only has 2 banks - the factory Session which has around 105 presets, and the Classic (user imported) - which is basically my Rapture's presets folder. Are there other free soundbanks for it? Or do you refer to commercial releases?
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

idfpower wrote:
swatwork wrote:
idfpower wrote:
The instrument installer is 448 MB. The soundsets, which are separate downloads, add up to about 4GB.
What soundsets? Mine only has 2 banks - the factory Session which has around 105 presets, and the Classic (user imported) - which is basically my Rapture's presets folder. Are there other free soundbanks for it? Or do you refer to commercial releases?
I had the same problem for a long time.

I figured out in the end that running Rapture Session as administrator made it possible for it to search up and display all included presets.

idfpower wrote:
swatwork wrote:
idfpower wrote:
What soundsets? ...........
After you've registered the product to your Cakewalk account. In ''My Products'' click on Rapture Session and you will be presented with a Menu.

Rapture Session
Connected Products

Rapture Session
Session - Atmospheric
Session - Guitars
Session - Keys
Session - Orchestral
Session - Synths

Clicking on Atmospheric, Guitars, Keys, Orchestral and Synths will provide you with a download option (mirror 1 and 2).
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Waiting for Coming Soon button to revert back to download button...

Musical Gym wrote:Waiting for Coming Soon button to revert back to download button...
Same here, what's up with that?
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Zexila wrote:
Musical Gym wrote:Waiting for Coming Soon button to revert back to download button...
Same here, what's up with that?

As posted on page one of this thread.
ghettosynth wrote:So here's the link:

https://reverb.com/software/instruments ... -exclusive

Earlier if you clicked on download the code came up and then it immediately took you to Cakewalk's page in the same browser tab before you could copy the code. They also mailed it to you, but, I suspect that a lot of people bugged support about it, I did. They said that they were working on it and trying to fix it as quickly as possible. So, I suspect that they disabled the download button until they could resolve the mechanics. I imagine that it will be back as soon as they resolve the issue.

In other words, I got mines!

So I create an account at Reverb. Then I use the Ask a Question utility and send my question about download button availability.
They send me to a page that says Permission Denied and tell me that it's either my problem or their problem.
Pretty cool, I'd say.

Maybe this went live a bit early? Would explain the lack of advertisement about it.
Image Image Image Image

Jorgeelalto wrote:So this needs Internet connection? What a pity...
Yup, just like KVR

So these are the packs I managed to download.

Session-Atmospheric-007 [785 MB]
Session-Guitars-007 [231 MB]
Session-Keys-007 [1.11 GB]
Session-Orchestral-007 [1.31 GB]
Session-Synths-008 [270 MB]

Maybe someone can confirm the sizes.

My original Rapture (v1) files are a bit of a mess since I had a hard drive crash a while back and of course, all my rapture classic samples were on that one. Will need to do a reinstall at some point.

Aloysius wrote: After you've registered the product to your Cakewalk account. In ''My Products'' click on Rapture Session and you will be presented with a Menu.

Rapture Session
Connected Products

Rapture Session
Session - Atmospheric
Session - Guitars
Session - Keys
Session - Orchestral
Session - Synths

Clicking on Atmospheric, Guitars, Keys, Orchestral and Synths will provide you with a download option (mirror 1 and 2).
Oh, wow, you're right! Thank you so much! Well, that changes everything ;) Downloading right now ;) Judging by their size, these should be some hefty banks, and since my original Rapture doesn't have those presets, then this is turning out to be quite a cool and fruitful addition to my setup ;) Happy days ;)

PS: regarding registering this thing - you can do it offline. It generates a file that needs to get registered online just once. After that you get a .dat file that you can use to register it offline.
Last edited by idfpower on Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

Big thanks to swatwork for mentioning it earlier in the thread. I had no idea about the packs until it was pointed out and I had another look in my Cakewalk Account. :)

Well, since I'm on the 'coming soon' waiting list, I'll just ask you guys about the format..is it proprietary? I guess I'll go to Cakewalk and try to find out myself..wish that link worked :)

^ I downloaded the Pro demo to find out. Yep, the format used looks unbroken by any converters so far. I wasn't that impressed with the demo sounds, but I'll pick up the session version if the link ever turns on.

Return to “Instruments”