The best SSl console vst plugin for your bucks

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm not sure that I completely agree. I will say if it is working for you then continue grinding and making great music. I'm not crazy about the GUI and it doesn't allow External Sidechain. I'm a Slate Everything Bundle subscriber and I really like the GUI of his SSL plugs, FG-401 & FG-S, BUT he currently doesn't have a Gate/Expander and also does not allow for External Sidechain. The SSL Desk from UAD is good also, but does not allow for External Sidechain, so therefore slightly missed. The SSL E/G Channel from Waves for me is the winner. It sounds good, the gate is on point and they allow for external Sidechain input. That is appreciated. Allows for several different tricks like using the External Sidechain to function as a key for DeEssing.
DJ brimLo

DJ | Artist | Producer

This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

I hear but to me for the money and features it is not close 8 different models in one 8 different desk each with 6 side chain in and outs extra head room nob that really works and each model really react differently for EQ and compression on all eight models you can also add noise and crosstalk to help glue tracks and give you that real SSL feel. An as far as the sidechain go I don't know your work flow but it shouldn't need a external one do to the fact that these plugins were never ment to be in one track it was made to multi track its main use of these plugins is to put it on all your tracks
That is these plugins true purpose even if you don't touch a nob it's all about the SSL tone and natural glue why it is so popular. But it is no rules in this game like you said if it work for u keep doing it. :tu:

Looks promising how does it sound
Compared to the rest if you compared any

And as there isnt a demo version I doubt the naysayer has even tried it.

Probably took one look at the price and thought 'well it must be poo'.

SKnote make excellent plugins at very silly (affordable) prices.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

lay it prodctions wrote:
Looks promising how does it sound
Compared to the rest if you compared any
You will be the judge of that, got for it. :tu:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

I am was surprised at Sknote plugins considering the prices but Quinton is not playing he makes great hardware to.
So do you have this channel strip I only seen one video and it is in Spanish I want give it a shot but I have quite a few channel strips now so it must be low cpu and high quality at the same dam time you feel me or its not worth another channel strip sense I found the strip and the British and White Channel that works well on low latency mode for up to 50 plus tracks without cpu overload but I buy plugins like tennis shoes so who knows I might give it a shot thanks for the good look :tu:

I use Stripbus all the time when I want that SSL sound & glue. It's a great plugin. Not too high on the CPU if you have a good enough computer.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Saukar30 wrote:I use Stripbus all the time when I want that SSL sound & glue. It's a great plugin. Not too high on the CPU if you have a good enough computer.
U talking about the Sknote one right.

Actually that SSL is on sale at Waves at the moment, I believe. Think it was going for around $300

It's actually not a bad collection, I quite like it. I use it along side IKs SSL which is also quite good. So far they are the only ones with a modern SSL emulation from the late 90s, that I know of.

Not sure what the White is emulating, but I'm guessing it's their X-Logic stuff.

Mind you, I'm constantly combining these with the NLS for a richer sound.

simon.a.billington wrote:Actually that SSL is on sale at Waves at the moment, I believe. Think it was going for around $300

It's actually not a bad collection, I quite like it. I use it along side IKs SSL which is also quite good. So far they are the only ones with a modern SSL emulation from the late 90s, that I know of.

Not sure what the White is emulating, but I'm guessing it's their X-Logic stuff.

Mind you, I'm constantly combining these with the NLS for a richer sound.
Did you Know the Strip emulate the Top 8 consoles (A Tube,
B Solid, C Solid, D Tube, E British Rock, F emphasis Rock and H Digital Clean and the compressor all react different in each console and the each have a different color about them that can be herd when you just put the plugin on
the track.

Yeah it's a great plugin too.

However, unlike something like the bx_console each emulation only emulates one strip. There are several models, but only one strip.

The Waves and IK are the same too, but that's why I like combining them with the NLS which emulates the characteristics of 32x3 channels.

You could actually use the Slate with the NLS to the same effect as well. The downside is they only emulate SSL, EMI & Neve, but nothing's stopping you from mixing and matching.

Nobody has bugs with Sknote's stuff? I get crashes and weird things happening makes it unuasable for me. A update is planned for Stripbus version3 hopefully my pc will like.
MXLinux21, 16 Gig RAM, Intel i7 Quad 3.9, Reaper 6.42, Behringer 204HD or Win7 Steinberg MR816x

Boone777 wrote:Nobody has bugs with Sknote's stuff? I get crashes and weird things happening makes it unuasable for me. A update is planned for Stripbus version3 hopefully my pc will like.
Unfortunately I also had some irregularities going on with Sknote's Strip and Bus, at some point I even had the impression that it messed with the regular sidechain routing of my DAW (Cubase 6.5). I haven't used it eversince, even though I like the basic idea and the price is great (if it wasn't for the aforementioned issues).

Return to “Production Techniques”