Multiband stutter, reverse, scratch, tape-stop, glitch: Cableguys TimeShaper out now!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TimeShaper

Was there an email about the new versions, I didnt get anything
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Looks good - is this a pre order price or final price?

Damn you Cableguys!...you and your Dan Worrall demo videos!
:tu:
LOVE the shaperbox concept.
will probably get the bundle if not TimeShaper very soon.
While there ARE other tools out there that hit the same marks, TimeShaper is sooo easy to use and so clean in sound and workflow...its irresistible.
In the meantime, thanks so much for your generous demo implementations. Greatly appreciated.

Is there a bundle price for just the 'Shapers', or do you have to buy each one separate.

That or the cable guys bundle. Haven't had time to demo timeshaper yet but it looks amazing. Love their guis.

There is a $99 shaperbox bundle on the products page.

Gave the shaperbox bundle trial a try tonight.. it is a ton of fun! Easy to get results fast. Definitely on my Christmas list. :tu:
Last edited by Naenyn on Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

is it only me or is the time shaper algorithm quite cpu consuming? on my old test machine (a q6600 quad core) i get around 60 % cpu consumption with some of the presets. i will try later on my newer i7 quadcore. otherwise fantastic plugin and i got lost in some of the presets playing around with a few drumloops and a simple bell arpeggio (which earned me a puzzled look from my wife while i am sitting here at our home office desktop still in pyjama)

So i see the usual upgrade to the total bundle but don't see an upgrade to the Shapers bundle.
I'm not interested in owning Curve as I have synths coming out of my wazoo
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Gosh wrote:is it only me or is the time shaper algorithm quite cpu consuming? on my old test machine (a q6600 quad core) i get around 60 % cpu consumption with some of the presets. i will try later on my newer i7 quadcore. otherwise fantastic plugin and i got lost in some of the presets playing around with a few drumloops and a simple bell arpeggio (which earned me a puzzled look from my wife while i am sitting here at our home office desktop still in pyjama)
Yes, on old machines CPU can be quite high - especially when using all three bands with TimeShaper.

That's due to the depth of the interpolation algorithm. I guess we'll offer an alternative "simple quality" algorithm with an update, which will still be good quality as long as you don't do any fast scratches (that's when the current high quality especially makes a difference).

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:
Gosh wrote:is it only me or is the time shaper algorithm quite cpu consuming? on my old test machine (a q6600 quad core) i get around 60 % cpu consumption with some of the presets. i will try later on my newer i7 quadcore. otherwise fantastic plugin and i got lost in some of the presets playing around with a few drumloops and a simple bell arpeggio (which earned me a puzzled look from my wife while i am sitting here at our home office desktop still in pyjama)
Yes, on old machines CPU can be quite high - especially when using all three bands with TimeShaper.

That's due to the depth of the interpolation algorithm. I guess we'll offer an alternative "simple quality" algorithm with an update, which will still be good quality as long as you don't do any fast scratches (that's when the current high quality especially makes a difference).
i think that is a good idea. congratulations for such a nice plugin :tu:

There's a HUGE amount of requests for upgrades to the ShaperBox Bundle. This is, if you for example already own VolumeShaper and FilterShaper, to have a special upgrade price for the ShaperBox Bundle (which includes TimeShaper, FilterShaper Core, VolumeShaper 5, PanShaper 2 and WidthShaper).

I am implementing this right now and will post here when it is online! If you already purchased ShaperBox Bundle and you already owned one of the Shapers before, just drop us a mail to contact@cableguys.com and we'll send you a coupon code (which you can use withing the next year for something new then).

If you right now own everything except for TimeShaper (which is if you already had the previous Cableguys Bundle), you can already upgrade to the latest Cableguys Bundle for €34 / $36 via your user account. The new upgrade to ShaperBox Bundle will be the same price for you, so will make no difference in this case.

Jakob I have a few questions about the new "concept"...
First, thanks for the new free versions for owners of the complete bundle.

Here my questions:
1) Does the new ShaperBox make the single effects obsolete or does it "only" include simplified versions of the other effects ?
2) If I understood well, for example VolumeShaper 5 does no longer exist as standalone plugin, it is included in ShaperBox. So I could uninstall VS4 if I don't have old projects relying on version 4 ?
3) Same question as 2) for Filtershaper, Panshaper etc.

Thanks in advance

Jakob / Cableguys wrote:I guess we'll offer an alternative "simple quality" algorithm with an update, which will still be good quality as long as you don't do any fast scratches (that's when the current high quality especially makes a difference).
How about a "constant pitch on speed change" mode that would basically only slow down in the places where it now slows /and/ pitches down?

There's now an upgrade option for the ShaperBox Bundle in the Cableguys user account for everyone who already owned one of the Shaper plugins (except for MidiShaper).

For example if you already own FilterShaper 3 and VolumeShaper 4, then FilterShaper Core and VolumeShaper 5 were automatically added to your account for free, and you can upgrade to the ShaperBox Bundle for EUR 59 / USD 62, which will add TimeShaper, PanShaper 2 and WidthShaper. That's just an example, there are many different upgrade prices depending on what you have.. even if you only own old versions of our plugins you can get a reduced upgrade price for that.

Return to “Effects”