One Synth Challenge #94: Synth1 (Photonic Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh and has anyone noticed that the HP and BP filters are not working on the Mac AU&Vst versions?

H-man wrote:Oh and has anyone noticed that the HP and BP filters are not working on the Mac AU&Vst versions?
Jasinski mentioned it also. He is on MAC. He said only the 24dB and lpdl works for him
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote:
H-man wrote:Oh and has anyone noticed that the HP and BP filters are not working on the Mac AU&Vst versions?
Jasinski mentioned it also. He is on MAC. He said only the 24dB and lpdl works for him
Okay tah. Definitely what I am experiencing here.

Maybe we can message the dev about it. Also, do any of the older versions work better?

bjporter wrote:Maybe we can message the dev about it. Also, do any of the older versions work better?
Hey B. Last update for the Mac versions was May 2015. There is a note on the Geocities page about contacting the dev via a bulletin board but the link is now a dead-end.

That's me out of ideas :lol: Perhaps I'll go scanning some Synth1 threads around here and see what I can dig up. I'm guessing someone knows more about this.

H-man wrote:
bjporter wrote:Maybe we can message the dev about it. Also, do any of the older versions work better?
Hey B. Last update for the Mac versions was May 2015. There is a note on the Geocities page about contacting the dev via a bulletin board but the link is now a dead-end.

That's me out of ideas :lol: Perhaps I'll go scanning some Synth1 threads around here and see what I can dig up. I'm guessing someone knows more about this.
Oh and given the time between versions, it's likely that any older versions would not be 64-bit?

Just want to let you guys know that the filter of synth1 is broken in the Mac osx 64 bit build. So either use your daw in 32 bit mode, or remove the 64 bit part from the universal binary of the vst plugin... :party:

Which of these plugins are NOT allowed?? (All Tracktion Plugins)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVmlgT ... subscriber

Advocator of free and open source software.

I know it's not always easy to figure out what is allowed or not, but think of it this way, any plugin that alter the original sound of the synth such as bit crushers, distortion, chorus and stuff like that are not allowed, unless it's built into the synth already. If there is a built in chorus in the synth you can of course use it. I don't know all those plugs in your list but the Chorus, Phaser and Pitch Shifter would not be allowed according to my understanding. But I am not in charge so it's not my call in the end of the day ;)
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote:
Same issue here. Mac AU filter is broken.

Paree wrote:Which of these plugins are NOT allowed?? (All Tracktion Plugins)
Chorus, flanger, pitch shifter, sampler

Mechanought wrote: Any good buys that are in the "I make very little money" range? Specifically filters, EQs, Mastering Plug-ins, Console Strips, and reverbs?
This comes with tons of decent plugins:
https://play.google.com/store/newsstand ... CAow4b-IAg

~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

So Jasinski is a multi talented artist. Not only is he a great musician, he is a fantastic illustrator. Some people are just too good. :cry:

ThePresent wrote:
Mechanought wrote:
Any good buys that are in the "I make very little money" range? Specifically filters, EQs, Mastering Plug-ins, Console Strips, and reverbs
http://www.toneboosters.com/trackessentials/
This is a fine package for only €20. The tapesim alone, I think it's worth it. But I wouldn't use it if VOS Ferric and his other stuff was 64 bit. Other than that, if you stick with the top freeware stuff, you still will do fine.
Seconded for Toneboosters and Variety of Sound, with the difference that I *do* use VOS everywhere (because Reaper has no pb with 32 bit plugins).

Holy jeebus the kvr patches! Makes sense, this was literally the first free synth I ever downloaded years ago from kvr!, and my goodness that was in my schooling days, I think like 99 or something. I haven't used it since. Sorry to anyone if I seemed winy about the paid plugin thing, I'm still learning soo much every day here. Soo glad I came back.

Wow! i used 17 instances of this synth and it consumes just 5% of my CPU (Core2Duo). Also it has kept me busy since yesterday. Made 30 Patches.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVmlgT ... subscriber

Advocator of free and open source software.

Return to “Instruments”