I will not consider Bitwig because...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

... of the stupid name.

I like Ableton Live. But it's very expensive. So i thought about Bitwig. But then i thought about the name. I'm very shallow, but i think it's a ridiculous name. Even though it's much much cheaper then Live, i don't want to use it because of its stupid name. How shallow am i on a scale from 1-10? Do i break the scale?

Flame Coat on.

Sorry for english, i hope you understand.

Are you masochist too by any chance? If not, why doing this to yourself? :lol:

C'mon it's Bitwig, not DubTurbo. :lol:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Zexila wrote:Are you masochist too by any chance? If not, why doing this to yourself? :lol:

Come on man. The name is BITWIG. :lol:
Last edited by BrokenTrance on Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

BrokenTrance wrote:
Zexila wrote:Are you masochist too by any chance? If not, why doing this to yourself? :lol:

Hahahahaha :lol:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Zexila wrote:
BrokenTrance wrote:

Hahahahaha :lol:

Hahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's like that one Christian guy who wouldn't use a reverb plugin because one of the default programs had a parameter dialled in at 6.66

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptmM-m7Cl8U
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:It's like that one Christian guy who wouldn't use a reverb plugin because one of the default programs had a parameter dialled in at 6.66
A prominent KVR member once managed to persuade Devine Machines (Steve Duda's company before XFER) to create a oneoff custom-renamed version of their Lucifer plugin because he objected to the name on Christian grounds....

so maybe the OP might have a chance getting that Batwag DAW he always wanted.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

:lol:

You're not supposed to do satanic death metal with ZynAddSubFx either, i heard. :P

Sendy wrote:It's like that one Christian guy who wouldn't use a reverb plugin because one of the default programs had a parameter dialled in at 6.66
Or that one member who wouldn't want to use a free reverb plugin because developer were Christian and wrote thanks in about page of plugin...

On other hand, understand their issue and can respect that, some people just don't like some stuff, vegetarians meet and so on, live free and let the people live free, if you can't, than you have major issues and should find some help. :tu:

Bitwig always sounded like a beer name to me BTW (in germany, we have Bitburger Pilsener). Not even sure what it means really.

..don't see anything wrong with that name
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Sincerely, Bitwig sounds okay to me, not any stranger than Ableton or Cubase, it got Beat in his name and Wig means nothing on my native language anyways, so maybe it's that, Cubase have bass in it. :lol:

In other news, I'm seriously considering Bitwig, my biggest remark is resources hogging and heard it was even worst than now. :scared:

Zexila wrote:
Or that one member who wouldn't want to use a free reverb plugin because developer were Christian and wrote thanks in about page of plugin...

On other hand, understand their issue and can respect that, some people just don't like some stuff, vegetarians meet and so on, live free and let the people live free, if you can't, than you have major issues and should find some help. :tu:
Well yeah, it works both ways. Begrudging someone a thank-you message to their God is as petty as the 6.66 avoiding thing is supersticious and irrational. And pettiness is worse than superstision in my books, because it shows resentment to something relatively harmless. My Mum is a Christian and I know someone who resents that, which clearly shows some kind of deep-seated issues because she isn't hurting anyone and doesn't "shove it in people's faces".
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

whyterabbyt wrote: A prominent KVR member once managed to persuade Devine Machines (Steve Duda's company before XFER) to create a oneoff custom-renamed version of their Lucifer plugin because he objected to the name on Christian grounds....
I wonder if he petitioned Image Line for a DAW called StraightyLines?
Last edited by cryophonik on Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Sendy wrote:
Zexila wrote:

Well yeah, it works both ways. Begrudging someone a thank-you message to their God is as petty as the 6.66 avoiding thing is supersticious and irrational. And pettiness is worse than superstision in my books, because it shows resentment to something relatively harmless. My Mum is a Christian and I know someone who resents that, which clearly shows some kind of deep-seated issues because she isn't hurting anyone and doesn't "shove it in people's faces".
Personally, I have no issue with someone not wanting to use something because he objects something about it, being that meat or GMO or whatever one doesn't feel good about, it's their free will and I respect that, just make that really personal than and move on, no need to make bigger deal out of it than it is, like this thread here, or guys objecting stuff with reverb plugins and etc.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”