the qyooo

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The qyooo

Hi everyone,

this is the support thread for the qyooo.

First of all I have to apologize the ridiculous low number of presets that come with the qyooo v1.0.0. I promise to create more (as usual it's just a matter of time)...

I also invite you to share your sounds; maybe they make it into the plug-in itself? :tu:
Anyway, I am glad to host your potential creations on my website, too.

Cheers, Björn

Hey Björn, that's a great little synth for sure! Your matrix idea is very, very nice, I dig that! :tu:

The first sound "Aaah" is great, once you go play the MW, but when you start doodling for the first time, it's a risky choice, because it comes out, as if there were phase issues or the likes. But your synth is FAR more universal than just that.

I may be a bad choice for an advisor, but I do prefer a totally naked sound as first preset, just so the mind is put at ease about it's clean nature, you know. Or at least a sound that is less concerning. Free synth tend to be off the wall, you know.
Once a simple first preset is being played with, it also invites to check out more presets. When you then come across "Aaah", you instantly know that it goes somewhere deliberately, not because of some potential flaw. Again, don't get me wrong, I think, it's a great sound, but not at first!

The other suggestion I would have is a color coding for your gui. For example, ENVELOPES could be yellow and when you choose Env, the little [Env] would be yellow, too, you know. LFO could be blue and so on... that way you have an easier time to begin orientating around the really nice and compact gui you've made!

The matrix controller could have better interactivity with the mouse. Currently you only have a choice of the quadrant with the mouse, but you could really have it fluently, both serving as chooser as well as modulator. During recording such powers are very useful at times.

Altogether, really, really well done and I can very easily imagine this one for the OSC here! But, I'm almost certain you can, too! ;)

Fantastic job! :tu:

Hey Taron, thanks for your kind reply!

I really have to say that I am not happy with the qyooo's presets so far, and it is pure (bad? ;-)) coincidence that the "Aaah" preset is the first one. Usually I pick what CrimsonWarlock would call a "signature sound". In fact the presets are "time-ordered" in the sequence I created them; as you can see I ran out of time creating more of them. And I have not found the right signature yet. :( So there is room for improvement. :lol:

Your Color Coding idea is great, and I am willing to adopt it. Same is true for the Mouse Dragging in what I call the "Monitor" - I definitely see a benefit for the user here! :tu:

Last not least: Whenever the OSC calls - qyooo'll be ready. :hihi:

Cheers, Björn

Sweet! Ain't that a price, having made an OSC synth?! :hyper:

...yeah, tell me about it. I shouldn't say this out loud, but I made my presets at 11:25pm on the day of the deadline. Only to find out 10 minutes later, after first really seeing the admin management stuff on KVR, that I'd have to make a product page and all that, hahaha... so, yeah, presets fell bitterly short. But I assume it's not against the rules to keep offering more of them along the way?!

I might have a look at qyooo more closely, maybe make some for you, too. No doubt it has really nice potential! :tu:

Tested yesterday, this is my personal "one of the best" in DC16.
I'm happy to see the All Pass Filter which cannot be found in the most freeware.

I had some GUI problem after some minutes.
When I find the way to reproduce the issue, I write here again :)
soundcloud.com/yudaidhun

Yudaidhun wrote:When I find the way to reproduce the issue, I write here again :)
Thanks a lot, Yudaidhun! :tu:
And thanks again for uncovering and helping me to fix the last glitch in the Mono/Fury!

Cheers, Björn

I am having a blast playing with this synth recently, although yesterday when first trying this synth out, I had an issue with the chorus module where just plainly turning it on instantly resulted in a static farty noise sound that remained the same until I turned off that chorus, changing the chorus parameters didn't do shit to that sound, the only way to disable it was to turn off the chorus completely. Today on reloading the project and the saved patch, the chorus seems to work as intended.

I am using Live 9.2.3 32-bit on Win 8.1

Thanks Anti-Logic, plz keep me informed should the problem reappear!
I have not experienced this issue yet, but that means nothing. :D
Meanwhile I watch out for suspicious looking code...

Cheers Björn

Very nice sounding 3 osc synth. The presets are also high quality.

Issue: Sometimes when switching presets or changing filter type it explodes and triggers the auto-mute in Reaper.

Good catch, thanks man!

Cheers Björn

Chris-S wrote:Very nice sounding 3 osc synth. The presets are also high quality.

Issue: Sometimes when switching presets or changing filter type it explodes and triggers the auto-mute in Reaper.
+1
it happens on windows 8 64 bit, and on windows 7 64 bit , on Reaper.
(One of my fav synth for this KVR Challenge, it's in the top five here ;-) )
Thanks. Cheers

Just got it updated to version 1.0.1. Please let me know if that one fixes your issues!

Note: I did not incorporate any new presets nor Talon's great usability improvement ideas (see above in this thread) to the new version since in my opinion this would violate the KVR Dev Challenge rules ("only bugfixes are allowed"). I will do so only after the challenge has closed.

Cheers Björn

Presets aside... the is a VERY useable synth. It has a great sound & super low on the CPU. Actually... the presets are a pretty good indicator of it's range... so thought they're not the best, they give good starting points. Definitely has my vote!
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Intresting synth

Requests:

1.Instruction to skin change.

2.Needs modern presets.

3.Pan the OSCs maybe? OSC pans in scenes(in click for details probably. To not overload main screen).

4.LFO/Envelope the pans

5.OSC volume keyfollow. So it can be set that the higher notes sound softer or vise versa.(example Tetra synth/Track knob near the volume slider on the bottom). Preferably a knob for each OSC and on master volume knob as well.

6.FM from OSCs

7.Ring mod related to note(like so it follows the same note as layed but have like +X pitch) so it's possible to musically change the wave shape.(OK I figured that it does ring mode from the OSC above. Not sure how the FM% affects it tho)

8.OK the Scenes are really cool. But having the LFO/Envelopes to the filter frequency/res/pan themselves would be good thing. I know you will say the interface is busy already. But. You know.

9.Retrig/Free wave cycle for OSCs

10.Chorus delay.

11.Chorus dry/wet?

12.Triangle arrow switches between filters order(same as for presets)

13.More waveforms

14.A bit hard to fine tune some parametrs even holding SHIFT. I can't set for example 300% on FM

15. Filter OFF, so it is possible to work only with 1,2 filters.(in my skin I added the lamp triggers for this possible purpose)

16. Ring modulation ammount. Preferably with modulation by envelope/LFO.

17. LFO phase start. Can be useful when LFO retriggered.
-- As well as it is useful to have phase start for OSCs. To have a good control over shape of resulting wave.

18. Delay for ADSR

19. Freeze the filter scene section somehow(like mute modulation. Or like solo the certain scene). Maybe by clicking on filter morphing bar. So it would be possible to tune the filters while Envelope/LFO and other not affecting it.

20. 3 slots for modulations instead of one. Like in Massive synth. The slots can be small bars. Instead of words on the slots there can be just a number or a letter and the background has different images and color depends on chosen modulation source. Also if there is a chance this will be implemented then the --Scene Morphing section can be simplified by that as it is already has 3 slots but they are big sliders, not a small slots.
--The Pulse Width Modulation slider would not be needed in this case. Cuz will be possible to add 3 controls to the Pulse Width slider.
--Maybe will be enough of 1 FM slider as they both seem to make same thing. Having 3 modulation slots would make it like 3 sliders

22. Modulation slots for other parametrs. LFO and ADSR for example.

23. Macro control.

24. Maybe chaning the shape of the lines of ADSR? From linear to exponential to both sides, up and down.

25. double dash -- instead of Off word.

26. Filters with 2,3,4 poles. And basically - more filters or variation of the current filres. That would be powerfull for stereo sounding.

27. Invert the LFO shape. Invert the OSC wave shape.

28. Filter frequency keyfollow. Standard thing. I think usually go with track/keytrack knob.

29. Positive-Negative mode for the XY matrix + 200% option. So it would be possible to set the XY out of grid. For example. If someone set Note+ parametr but he needs the X to start at minimum point at C5. He would need to occupy another slot, set there ON and move to negative value. If the XY matrix sliders could have values out of grid this would be manageble by them.

30. Something to insert a preset between presets or move or delete presets. I have no idea how it is managed in other synths. But like when the bank created. But then it needs to expand, would be nice if possible to add presets between so the BS presets easey to keep one after one, LD, PAD, etc.

31. If more modulation slots ever created, then there should be Note- option as well. For example. I would want the higher the note plays the shorter the decay or release of some ADSR.

32. Ring mod routing. 2 buttons to turn on/off ring mod source Instead of one. Like for OSC1 the buttons are [2][3]. [2] to turn ring mod from OSC2, [3] to turn ring mod from OSC3.

33. The master Cutoff and Res. Can be on another tab after A,B,C,D tabs. Or on the AMP panel. There can be a place rearranged for that.

34. The master Morphing power. So by reducing that one the strengh of the mod sources gets reduced to zero. And vise versa.

35. More noise types. +Maybe control the noise "color".

36. The block names(filters, envelopes, lfos) on top of sections instead of bottom. I find it kinda cofusing. As usually the names of sections are written on top of them.

37. On All Scenes popup - some all-chained sliders that can move all the sliders(of one type) on all scenes together. So for example we could move a volume or resonanse or cut of all the sliders together. The sliders can be moved +100% or -100% from the middler position.
--Maybe those sliders should always start from the middle everytime the user opens the panel. Cuz it might be confusing if not. For example: The master sliders are all up and the volumes of the filters are too low and user wants to raise the overal level. That would be confusing. But if the master sliders are relative and reset to the middle then when user will open the All Scenes Manipulation the sliders will be in the middle and he can raise the level.

38. Something like bending or few options of the transition between the low and high position of filter parametrs(cut/res/vol). Right now it's really hard to control those when the transition between sections happen. And only way possible to achieve some desired result is to use transition between 3 sections. For example from D to B to A. Which limits the possibility of moving the sound with LFO. In other words it like a change between linear and curved(up or down) transition between lowest and highest value for the CUT/RES/VOL. This controller could be on the morphing panel.

39. Option so that portamento would always work. Right now it doesn't work on each note if voices above 1.
Last edited by arseniy2 on Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:40 pm, edited 24 times in total.
Subscribe me. I need folowers.
SoundCloud / Youtube / some music

Thanks for the requests and bug report! :tu:
I will check them and give feedback...
Maybe not in the next days (you know, X-Mass and all that stuff :D).
So gimme some time but stay tuned!

Cheers Björn

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”