Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Hi Ingo,

The free wavetables that you supplied for Avenger, could you make those available too for Icarus and Dune2 too or is it a special arrangement you made with Manuel for Avenger.

Ingonator wrote:Also no GPU overheating here with 2 different Radeon HD graphics cards.
It seems to overwork the GPU on Mac. The fan on the GPU on mine kicked in as soon as Avenger loaded - it's the only small fan in this Mac Pro so it's got a distinct sound.

Looking back through the thread, I'd take a guess that the problem shows itself on nVidia cards, not AMD. I've got the base nVidia card in my Mac Pro.

surreal wrote:Hi Ingo,

The free wavetables that you supplied for Avenger, could you make those available too for Icarus and Dune2 too or is it a special arrangement you made with Manuel for Avenger.
Providing the Icarus tables should be possible as those were originally created there and then imported to Avanger.
Concerning DUNE 2 there would be 2 problems: First DUEN 2 wavetable at the moment coudl only include 64 waveforms (with the Beta version of teh wavetable creator by Synapse Audio that i got here) and te second is that i would have to export all single waveforms and the re-build all the wavetables from the single waveforms which would be a big PITA.
The random wavetables were created with teh coresponding feature in teh wavetable editor of Icarus so i do not have the single waveforms yet. Same with the Glass and PWM wavetables that were done based on resynthesis of a sample (or multiple samples).

Concerning the Glass wavetable there was also a thread for Icarus here:
http://www.tone2.org/forum/index.php?topic=2418.0
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I bought AVENGER yesterday.

VST3 version is working but VST2 version is not working...
(Cubase8.5.20 / Windows8.1)

When I switch the waveform(Sample) while playing , AVENGER play like "stutter effect".

Request:
I want to select waveform by PC Keyboard on Independent window for faster navigation.

Gamma-UT wrote:
Ingonator wrote:Also no GPU overheating here with 2 different Radeon HD graphics cards.
It seems to overwork the GPU on Mac. The fan on the GPU on mine kicked in as soon as Avenger loaded - it's the only small fan in this Mac Pro so it's got a distinct sound.

Looking back through the thread, I'd take a guess that the problem shows itself on nVidia cards, not AMD. I've got the base nVidia card in my Mac Pro.
This doesn't happen on all Nvidia GPUs.

Here is my system :

Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Samsung SSD 840 PROSeries 128GB
Steinberg Cubase Artist 8.5.20 64-bit
VPS Avenger VST3 Demo
Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.4GHz
HyperX Fury DDR4 2400MHz 32GB
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
M-Audio Audiophile 2496.

I'm not having any issues whatsoever, but i can only say this about the demo version of Avenger as i won't purchase Avenger until monday. No heat problems, no crashes, no CPU or GPU drops. All working beautifully.

I have yet to fully test the demo, just the basics and checking out the heat issues you guys are having which i can't seem to find.
Last edited by lavizh on Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:25 am, edited 4 times in total.

kontakt wrote:I bought AVENGER yesterday.

Both the VST2 and VST3 seem to be working here in Windows 10 64-bit and Cubase Pro 8.5.20 64-bit.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I just downloaded and installed a new version v1.0.22 (the first official version was 1.0.21) and this now includes an "Import Content" button at the SYS/System page (in the lower left corner).

With this it should be possible to import *.avangercontent files without drag&drop to the GUI.

For teh factory content usually at the first installation there is a also dialog to choose teh location of the factory conent and the path of teh *.avangercontent file that is used for importing this.
Besides this the factory content location could be also set in the SYS/Sytem page.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ingo Weidner

There are so many problems ... I do not know where to start, imagine a product with a dongle protection, it would be a disaster. I am tremendously dissatisfied. My Macbook almost caught fire !!!!

Well, one of the few bugs i was actually able to confirm here so far was a possible issue when using multiple LFOs as a mod source and removing on of those LFOS (as was discussed here yesterday). I did also mention this at the Beta forum now.

Something like not being able to use paralell filters with a single Osc is not really a bug IMO but a feature request. Same with the Hz readout for the filter.
Last edited by Ingonator on Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:I just downloaded and installed a new version v1.0.22 (the first official version was 1.0.21) and this now includes an "Import Content" button at the SYS/System page (in the lower left corner).

With this it should be possible to import *.avangercontent files without drag&drop to the GUI.

For teh factory content usually at the first installation there is a also dialog to choose teh location of the factory conent and the path of teh *.avangercontent file that is used for importing this.
Besides this the factory content location could be also set in the SYS/Sytem page.
Where did you find the update? It's not on the Vengeance Sound site.

Edit : nevermind, they updated the demo version.

Ingonator wrote:
kontakt wrote:I bought AVENGER yesterday.

Both the VST2 and VST3 seem to be working here in Windows 10 64-bit and Cubase Pro 8.5.20 64-bit.
Thank you for your reply.
Problem signature is....

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX64
Application Name: Cubase8.5.exe
Application Version: 8.5.20.169
Application Timestamp: 57235141
Fault Module Name: VPS Avenger_x64.dll_unloaded
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 583ee513
Exception Offset: 000000000012afdd
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 0000000000000008
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

My speakers almost blew up for a second, very loud and crackles even after stopping audio engine. I had to restart daw and couldn't reproduce, thankfully.

Daw Orion
Windows 64 bit
Intel Core i5-6200U @2.3 GHz
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

serhiy06 wrote:wait a minute. The "synth" can not to RM like OSC1*OSC2? What about sync, e.g. sync osc2 by osc1 and then ring mod them then mix the result? I can not see a RM line in mixer...OMG. Even worse than I thought :-(
FM, AM and also Sync do also work when only a single Osc is used. For both FM and AM you have a selection of 12 waveforms below the corresponding knobs so this waveform and the waveform/sample/wavetable in the main Osc will do the FM or AM. With both FM and Sync you got different modes available when clicking on the label.
Interesting results could be achieved when combining FM, AM or Sync with a wavetable and scanning trough the table. You could also modulate the FM, AM and/or Sync amount if you like. Modulation of te FM/AM rate knob is possible too.
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:
serhiy06 wrote:wait a minute. The "synth" can not to RM like OSC1*OSC2? What about sync, e.g. sync osc2 by osc1 and then ring mod them then mix the result? I can not see a RM line in mixer...OMG. Even worse than I thought :-(
FM, AM and also Sync do also work when only a single Osc is used. For both FM and AM you have a selection of 12 waveforms below the corresponding knobs so this waveform and the waveform/sample/wavetable in the main Osc will do the FM or AM. With both FM and Sync you got different modes available when clicking on the label.
Interesting results could be achieved when combining FM, AM or Sync with a wavetable and scanning trough the table. You could also modulate the FM, AM and/or Sync amount if you like. Modulation of te FM/AM rate knob is possible too.
Yeah, but you can't modulate an OSC by another OSC. And that is his point. Sure, you can modulate it by other waveforms.

Avenger would be complete for me if they add the osc as modulation source. :party:

plauto wrote:There are so many problems ... I do not know where to start, imagine a product with a dongle protection, it would be a disaster. I am tremendously dissatisfied. My Macbook almost caught fire !!!!
Very same here, +1000.
Rob van Hees

Return to “Instruments”