RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

exmatproton wrote:
docam28 wrote:Hi,

I've bought RAPID Synthesizer this morning, now I'm downloading required files from my account (Purchased Products page).

However, I need some explanations about "Factory Sounds Drums" (31.8 MB zip package), because it's not mentionned for the installation process, the current process only mentions:
Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Dominique.
They explained it on their release page. Those are just wav files they used to multisample the drumkits which are installed with the Factory Sounds installation package. So one could use those drumsounds apart from the synth, which is neat.
I'm not sure it's clear for me (I'm not English language expert, I'm French), I've understood this package is useless. Also I don't have found this info on their release page. Many thanks anyway, exmatproton :tu:

RAPID is really a great synth, I love it! :clap: Greetings from France.
Core i9-9900KF @4.5GHz, 32GB RAM, 8TB, RTX 2080, Windows 10 Pro x64, Bitwig Studio 4, REAPER 6, UR22C, BX5-D2, KK S61 MK2, Chromaphone 3, Discovery Pro, DUNE 3, Komplete 13 Select, Mercury-4, OP-X PRO-II, SynthMaster 2, RAPID, VPS Avenger, Scaler 2...

docam28 wrote:
exmatproton wrote:
docam28 wrote: ...However, I need some explanations about "Factory Sounds Drums" (31.8 MB zip package), because it's not mentionned for the installation process, the current process only mentions:

Regards,

Dominique.
They explained it on their release page. Those are just wav files they used to multisample the drumkits which are installed with the Factory Sounds installation package. So one could use those drumsounds apart from the synth, which is neat.
I'm not sure it's clear for me (I'm not English language expert, I'm French), I've understood this package is useless. Also I don't have found this info on their release page. Many thanks anyway, exmatproton :tu:

Il s'agit d'échantillons de batterie qui font déjà partie de la banque " Factory" pour utilisation externe à Rapid (i.e. autres plug-ins style "drum machine").

docam28 wrote:
exmatproton wrote:
docam28 wrote:Hi,

I've bought RAPID Synthesizer this morning, now I'm downloading required files from my account (Purchased Products page).

However, I need some explanations about "Factory Sounds Drums" (31.8 MB zip package), because it's not mentionned for the installation process, the current process only mentions:

Regards,

Dominique.

The package contains samples of drums/percussion. You don't have to use it. It isn't part of the installation. They were just so kind to provide the samples they used to multisample the drums in Rapid.

You can download it, and unpack it in a folder on you HDD, so you can use those samples, if needed.

Caine123 wrote:
exmatproton wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
exmatproton wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Does Rapid have the huge variety of morphing types that Icarus and Serum have? (not sure about Avenger yet)
10,000 steps in the wavetables, pm, rm, am, pw, chaos, tube
Not thinking about wavetable steps but sound morphing - Is that all?
I forgot about hard sync and noise generator. But yeah, that's it. And those 10,000 steps are, imho, the main attraction. Such a smooth experience. I love it.

It is no Icarus, but it has way more options compared to (for instance) Nave

Here are 4 presets i did. Simple, but fun (imho). I like the workflow on this thing very much.
1 instance per preset, no external FX.

https://soundcloud.com/exmatproton/4-ti ... id/s-QyaL7
will you share those 2 first presets? :) lovely!

i only demoed rapid 15 mins or so yesterday, no time :/, but the morphing seems complicated?
or what did i do wrong, i n serum morphin it is ASAP and you have the morphing controls right there but in Rapid?
thnx and sure (i won't use them in tracks anyway :) )

Morphing:
rapid morph.JPG

Porph??????? Morph :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by exmatproton on Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you exmatproton, now it's more clear in my mind.
Merci aussi à nordickvr (also thanks to nordickvr) - le français est votre langue maternelle ? (is French your native language?)
Core i9-9900KF @4.5GHz, 32GB RAM, 8TB, RTX 2080, Windows 10 Pro x64, Bitwig Studio 4, REAPER 6, UR22C, BX5-D2, KK S61 MK2, Chromaphone 3, Discovery Pro, DUNE 3, Komplete 13 Select, Mercury-4, OP-X PRO-II, SynthMaster 2, RAPID, VPS Avenger, Scaler 2...

docam28 wrote:Thank you exmatproton, now it's more clear in my mind.
Merci aussi à nordickvr (also thanks to nordickvr) - le français est votre langue maternelle ? (is French your native language?)
oui.

nordickvr wrote:
oui.
Vraiment? J'avais l'impression de lire une traduction Google...

xx JPRacer xx wrote:
nordickvr wrote:
oui.
Faites profiter Dominique de votre savoir alors.

xx JPRacer xx wrote:
nordickvr wrote:
oui.
Eh bien pas moi, j'avais ressenti du français bien rédigé, bien mieux qu'un traducteur en ligne, c'est pour cela que j'avais posé cette question. :D

docam28 wrote:
xx JPRacer xx wrote: ...J'avais l'impression de lire une traduction Google...
Eh bien pas moi, j'avais ressenti du français bien rédigé, bien mieux qu'un traducteur en ligne, c'est pour cela que j'avais posé cette question. :D
Disons que la formulation laissait à désirer, content que vous ayez compris.

:hihi: Tiens, tiens .... d'autres naufragés ....

Eh ohhhhhhhhh
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote::hihi: Tiens, tiens .... d'autres naufragés ....

Eh ohhhhhhhhh
En effet.
Je crois toutefois que l'on va devoir retourner à la langue de Shakespeare, question de politesse...
So, get back to Rapid (and Poly KB lll :arrow: :phones: )?

@Parawave devs:

In your "To-Do list" for next update, please implement sustain pedal. This feature is missing (why?). Every synth I'm using have this feature natively.

Already requested by another members here, in this topic - but I don't have seen reply from Parawave about this important (vital) native feature...

Of course, you can add "Midi CC 64" -> "Env-? Release Time" (amount +100) into "modulation matrix" entry, but it is not friendly. EDIT: and doesn't work as expected. :(

This feature will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Dominique
Last edited by docam28 on Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

If I have many layers in one preset, it would be nice so have a Solo button on each. I know they have a button to switch each of them on or off, but a solo feature would be quicker. Or maybe if you shift-click that button, then it would solo that layer, something like that.

Also, after importing a MIDI file, it would be great if I could change the zoom level of the notes or the position of the view from left to right. I imported a larger file, and it runs off the right side of the display so I can't see all the notes.

Examigan wrote:If I have many layers in one preset, it would be nice so have a Solo button on each. I know they have a button to switch each of them on or off, but a solo feature would be quicker. Or maybe if you shift-click that button, then it would solo that layer, something like that.

Also, after importing a MIDI file, it would be great if I could change the zoom level of the notes or the position of the view from left to right. I imported a larger file, and it runs off the right side of the display so I can't see all the notes.
+1. I miss a solo per layer button as well.

Return to “Instruments”