Please re-order 'Reset to default' menu items + arp record button

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi KV331 people,

After a long wait, playing with Synthmaster BE and CM and thinking hard I decided to buy Synthmaster (just yesterday) and alas a day to soon for the Black Friday sale :( but no worries, I'm happy as it is and already deeply in love.

HOWEVER...

After playing with it for over an hour and finally crafting my first custom preset, I wanted to copy Layer 1 to Layer 2 to expand on it... And lost everything!!

If you click any 'Edit' heading, topmost entry is 'Reset to default' and I regularly am of the clicking too fast type. So I clicked 'Edit Layer1' and ended up also clicking 'Reset to default' :( :( BAMM.. away was an hour and also my inspiration at that time. Real bummer feeling :(

Could you please please please put the 'Reset' menu items more down? Let copy and paste be the first two and reset the third, so you actually consciously have to navigate there and not click it by accident?

Simultaneously, can you please give the record option in the arpeggiator a separate button? Just like the reset function, it made me loose my work in the arpeggiator when I just click the arp on/off while playing. As soon as I want to turn the arp off while the track is playing, it starts to record and deletes me own progression. There is no way to turn the arp of safely while playing.

Must say the arp record function is otherwise brilliant! :D

Now I'm always scared of loosing my work if I touch the edit menu or use the arp :(

Such a simple request... can't be that hard to implement?

Otherwise I'm VERY happy to finally have it, and have already spend a good 6 hours playing only with Synthmaster in the last 24 hours :D

regards, Frank
Vocal MC for 21 years straight // http://mc-ub.free-frank.net

Hi there

I noted down those feature requests for v2.8.8 updates.

Thank you for your feedback!

Bulent
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Hi Bulent,

Thank you! These are very destructive issues at the moment, it will be a lifesaver just to re-order the menu items and give the 'rec' option a separate button in the arp.

regards, Frank

Hello Bulent,

Have you had time for this issue? It now also concerns Synthmaster One, I really hope you can change the order of menu-items and make a dedicated record button for the Arp, both on Synthmaster AND Synthmaster One.

Otherwise... just picked up Synthmaster one a couple of days ago and it sounds magnificent, good job, really! :)

regards, Frank

Hi Frank and Bulent,

I need to second your request about the arp. I posted about it in a different thread before I found all the other request threads. (new to the Synthmaster forums)

The record function is great, but it definitely gets in the way of normal arp/sequencer operations. Maybe a new button, or just have a drop down for record that illuminates the current button, but goes back to hidden when recording is complete. Toggling through always resets the mode to sequencer, records whatever midi is going in (playback or input), and requires you to reselect whatever mode you were using. Definitely a bit of a ticking bomb haha.

I hope to see the 2.8.8 update! I love both synths, just need some fine tuning.

Mike
Just a touch of EQ and a tickle of compression

yeah the arp is useless, should have went with a simple arp/step sequencer. Its the bottle neck, never works properly
Ableton Live 10, Korg Monologue. Various vst's and effects

Guys, sorry for the oversight. I will at least fix the issues in our next update for SM1.
Works at KV331 Audio

Here's an update on this. As you see below, I also added lock section menu + lock button next to the menu button (this is for SM1 but will be added to SM2 as well)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio

I will also introduce UNDO functionality for

1. Reset to defaults
2. Paste settings
3. Arp record
Works at KV331 Audio

Return to “KV331 Audio”