Which modular environment can do this?

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The polyphonic velocity from (MIDI CHANNEL 2) chooses the velocity sample on (MIDI CHANNEL 1).

The polyphonic velocity on (MIDI CHANNEL 1) only multiplies the volume of the sample on (MIDI CHANNEL 1).

I reckon MaxMSP could do that easily enough.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:I reckon MaxMSP could do that easily enough.
The MIDI standard or the VST standard is too limited.

What do the MIDI and VST standards have to do with it? We're talking about a MIDI processor here... something that receives MIDI notes and velocity, and sends it back out. No big deal.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:What do the MIDI and VST standards have to do with it?
Nothing, its just the usual jedinhopy 'reject all help and suggestions with a nonsequitur' nonsense.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
Nothing, its just the usual jedinhopy 'reject all help and suggestions with a nonsequitur' nonsense.
Should you say because this is impossible to do polyphonically in kontakt and reaktor.

A monophonic variant might be possible in the REAKTOR environment, but then i can't have long decaying notes that overlap into each other polyphonically.

Jedinhopy wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
Should you say because this is impossible to do polyphonically in kontakt and reaktor.

A monophonic variant might be possible in the REAKTOR environment, but then i can't have long decaying notes that overlap into each other polyphonically.
?

There's no reason why you couldn't make a polyphonic version in Reaktor using multiple voice
modules. Where it might get iffy is translating the channel values; channel info modules *might* work here, but I'm not certain.

ew
A spectral heretic...

And with REAKTOR, this is impossible too because polyphony handling is totally random and unique for every voice and midi channel + port.
And for 100 voices polyphony. You need 100 (from voice) modules + 100 (to voice) modules.
100 instrument inputs and outputs + 100 macro inputs and outputs.

Beyond the:
(No more In-Terminals in this module allowed.) .

And even then if there was no module amount limitation.
Then it easily would overload the CPU meter.
So it would be impossible to do nonetheless. Specifically when having a very high polyphony count.
9999 voices polyphony in this case.

Which raises the question- why in the hell would you need to do that in the first place?

ew
A spectral heretic...

ew wrote:Which raises the question- why in the hell would you need to do that in the first place?

ew
It is for a synthetic sample ibrary that i am trying to create.

I know you've got Bidule - have you protoyped it in that?
Until you report back and say it cannot be done in Bidule, you ain't gonna get much help here

CinningBao wrote:I know you've got Bidule - have you protoyped it in that?
Until you report back and say it cannot be done in Bidule, you ain't gonna get much help here
I have the wave samples ready.

Have you prototyped it in Bidule yet? I'm pretty sure you could build 1 octave of whatever-this-thing-is

Bidule is not as easy to use as Reaktor.

ReaScript.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”