energyXT v3.0 Final released!

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

seismic1 wrote:Thanks. I think I saw something like this in the earlier beta. I seem to remember having problems with multi-outs as well.
This is a bad bug. But, I found out something that may help debugging:
if a note with a sample is playing and DURING that time you change the ASIO4all buffer size, the sound clears - until the next note is started.

it seems it kind of gets synchronised when moving the slider. Maybe this helps Jorgen :)

Its a shame 3.0 Final was released with this huge multi-out bug. 2.7F remains my workhorse DAW of choice
regardless.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

ok... i read 3.0 and i was "ok, progression, great!"... a few minutes later:
- no x64 support
- multicore bug
- still no connection between tracks and corresponding mixerstrips
- no plugin anymore???
- etc, etc...

by all means, this to me is no major update. it's more like a 2.8 bugfix version with a few features added. certainly not a "dot 0" update. it's such a damned shame - i would've really paid a lot for it to become alive again and see jorgen put his heart into it like he used to in v1. oh well... time to move on...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

brok landers wrote:I would've really paid a lot for it to become alive again and see jorgen put his heart into it like he used to in v1. oh well... time to move on...
This a million times over, a modernised V1 would still be the best host on the market all these years later !!!
Duh

bungle wrote: This a million times over, a modernised V1 would still be the best host on the market all these years later !!!
Somebody should try to buy the code from Jörgen and start a re-development of Ext1 8)
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero

Yep. U-he should do it. U-henergyXT.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Nielzie wrote:Yep. U-he should do it. U-henergyXT.
:lol:

First off it is Delphi, so not anybody could do it
Second, Jorgen has already said he would never update it further or sell on the source code
Why do you think the majority of his original users think he is a royal a-hole nowadays
He was at the pinnacle of Host design just a few years ago, and now he is the brunt of never ending jokes about loser developers
Duh

Both eXT1 and eXT2/3 are made in Delphi?
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

bungle wrote:First off it is Delphi, so not anybody could do it
Second, Jorgen has already said he would never update it further or sell on the source code
Why do you think the majority of his original users think he is a royal a-hole nowadays
He was at the pinnacle of Host design just a few years ago, and now he is the brunt of never ending jokes about loser developers
XT 1 is Delphi and XT2 and up are C++
That is why he had to rebuild XT2 from scratch and things from XT 1 was missing.

D-Fusion wrote:
bungle wrote:First off it is Delphi, so not anybody could do it
XT 1 is Delphi and XT2 and up are C++
That is why he had to rebuild XT2 from scratch and things from XT 1 was missing.
Actually everything from XT1 was developed in C++ at some stage, he decided not to include them for unknown reasons, he did show various images of stuff working that never got released, sad, because a full x64 v3 with all of v1.4 features would be killer
Duh

bungle wrote:and now he is the brunt of never ending jokes about loser developers
Would you care to share your insider info as to who these developers are who think that Jorgen is a "loser" ? :roll:

I strongly suspect that they, like him, have all suffered badly at the hands of software pirates and would sympathise with him, rather than call him a "loser". Developers who sell their product at a low cost per unit have to turn over an awful lot of sales to make it a viable full time business.

Only the man himself can know what really happened, but calling him a loser developer is pushing it a bit.
I have the feeling that it all started after the deal he signed with Behringer and all the flak he got for that.
But like i said. Only he knows and I doubt he will open up about that and that is fine with me. It's his life and he doesn't owe us anything, but I would have loved a further development of EXT1. I wrote lots of material on that baby that I had to export to other hosts to finish them "properly" :?

Try doing some research
1st I never said developers call him a loser ?
2nd He got a reputation for being a loser because he had the most talked about, most hyped (Not by him, but by the press) software available, and then updated it with one of the biggest downgrades in the history of music software.
3rd The Behringer deal did not damage him at all, he took two years out and went travelling with the money (Do your research, he said this himself, if it is true, i do not know, i can only go by what he said) he has no interest in music software anymore, that was the start of that.

Is he a loser, yes, yes he is, look at the 2nd point above, the world was his oyster, the press adored him and his work, his users adored him and his work and supported him massively by writing manuals and completely running support for his software for free, common now, but uncommon at that point.
But here is the number one reason he is such a loser, if he released EXT 1.4 as x64 and fixed its stability, or indeed added all the missing parts of XT 1.4 in to XT 3, he would literally be messiah again overnight, even with me, why ? because XT1.4 was the best host ever created up to this point.
Duh

bungle wrote: 1st I never said developers call him a loser ?

Sorry,my mistake,I misread your post.

Return to “energyXT”