RAPID Synthesizer | Rapid 1.8.0 released | Free "SP - Granular Elements"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Locked New Topic

make that + 2
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Erm... where do you set a layer to monophonic and - in addition - does it come without legato/glide/portamento options?

Click the V below the Insert Gain. There are mono and glide always options. I wish there were more glide options, like legato, and to be able to control the curve of the glide, though.
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Ah... I see. Overlooked it (obviously). Thx!

I noticed when I re-open a project in Sonar X3 with an instance of Rapid already saved in it, it will then have a message "Activate License", even though it is already activated. It works fine if I delete Rapid, then add it again to the same project. It is not a demo version, and I know I activated it with the serial number, so maybe its a bug and it doesn't like Sonar X3?

Just to see what would happen, if I click on that Activate License button, it doesn't do anything.

I am using Windows 8.1 64-bit

docam28 wrote:In your "To-Do list" for next update, please implement sustain pedal.

Already requested by another members here, in this topic - but I don't have seen reply from Parawave about this important (vital) native feature...
I can't respond to every post, but be sure that I read every post here and if there is a request I note it. Atm the Mac version has a higher priority, so after that in the next major update!
Examigan wrote:If I have many layers in one preset, it would be nice so have a Solo button on each. I know they have a button to switch each of them on or off, but a solo feature would be quicker. Or maybe if you shift-click that button, then it would solo that layer, something like that.

Also, after importing a MIDI file, it would be great if I could change the zoom level of the notes or the position of the view from left to right. I imported a larger file, and it runs off the right side of the display so I can't see all the notes.
Yes, a solo button is some of the things I already need for myself :D
Not sure about the implementation though. There are multiple ways, like you wrote the "shift-click" thing, or classic solo buttons, or a single solo button at the top. What would you prefer?
Examigan wrote:I noticed when I re-open a project in Sonar X3 with an instance of Rapid already saved in it, it will then have a message "Activate License", even though it is already activated.
[...]
Just to see what would happen, if I click on that Activate License button, it doesn't do anything.
That sometimes happens if your sound driver is blocked for some reason. If you activated the plugin once, all needed license data is on your PC. But if the plugin is not actually running inside the DAW (because there is no sound output) I guess the disappearing of the screen is not triggered. I will see if there is a better workaround.

docam28 wrote: In your "To-Do list" for next update, please implement sustain pedal. This feature is missing (why?). Every synth I'm using have this feature natively.
Seriously? :o Why would anyone release an instrument without this? It shouldn't need to be asked for.

parawave wrote:
Examigan wrote:If I have many layers in one preset, it would be nice so have a Solo button on each. I know they have a button to switch each of them on or off, but a solo feature would be quicker. Or maybe if you shift-click that button, then it would solo that layer, something like that.
Yes, a solo button is some of the things I already need for myself :D
Not sure about the implementation though. There are multiple ways, like you wrote the "shift-click" thing, or classic solo buttons, or a single solo button at the top. What would you prefer?
I'd like a small solo button on each layer, and it would be cool to have another master-solo button towards the top of the display (like in Sonar) to un-solo any that are solo'ed at the moment. The first one is more important though, the second request is just an after-thought for a wish list down the line. :)

Almost feel a little bored without crash reports or complains :D
So are you all having fun with Rapid? If you want to show stuff go on. I'm always interested in what people create with our synth.

I thought about opening a company forum here. Is there a demand for that?

Here's a complaint. Hurry up with the Mac version.... LOL. Only joking, but I am itchy feet.

parawave wrote:Almost feel a little bored without crash reports or complains :D
So are you all having fun with Rapid? If you want to show stuff go on. I'm always interested in what people create with our synth.

i really have a complaint :P, im demoing rapid and avenger both and like rapid's sound a lot! i have to test if it's really the treble/filter setting which fakes? the sound with an init patch....
but the demo content is, sorry no offense, a joke, i love presets and comparing with avenger is hard cause you only have some selected presets and i would love to check also presets non-edm etc.

your high price (now sale ok) and small demo preset content is holding me off atm :)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:i really have a complaint :P, im demoing rapid and avenger both and like rapid's sound a lot! i have to test if it's really the treble/filter setting which fakes?
Which fakes what? Not sure what you mean.
Caine123 wrote: but the demo content is, sorry no offense, a joke, i love presets and comparing with avenger is hard cause you only have some selected presets and i would love to check also presets non-edm etc.
Unfortunately there are also a lot of users with a slow internet connection who are not willing to load a 2GB demo. It's a compromise.
Also I think people mostly want to build patches from scratch and test the general sound and workflow, or am I wrong? For more presets, there is also the demo showcase which is purely made of Rapid presets without external effects.
Actually I always thought the preset selection was balanced between EDM and more soft sounds.
What is with the keys, pads, and solo lead? Not really pure EDM sounds.

After having spent two days trying to download the Avenger 4.5 gb content merely to run the demo I started to appreciate the Parawave's decision to prepare a smaller demo installer even more :)
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

parawave wrote:Almost feel a little bored without crash reports or complains :D

Company forum would be great.

*not really a complaint, just some thoughts:

1) How about some more macro's? 3 is a bit on the low side. I would suggest 6 or 8.

2) Maybe make 2 controls visible for pitch(wheel) and mod(wheel). I work with FL Studio without these controls mapped by default. So i usually move those knobs on synths by mouse. In Rapid i have to map the modwheel and pitchwheel every time i open an instance of Rapid.

3) I would like to see multiple color schemes. During the day, the bright UI with orange is fine, but in the evening i'd rather switch to a dark (FF151515) scheme with blue highlights (for instance)

4) I really mis 2 dedicated filter sections. The one filter section per layer is very nice, but i mis those nice filter types in the insert section (!!!)

5) Solo buttons per OSC and layer (!!!)

6) a master FX section (!!!)

exmatproton wrote:
6) a master FX section (!!!)
Any layer can be such a section, just make sends from the other layers to it at 100% and disable their individual routings to the master.

Same with the global filter.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Return to “Instruments”