Speakerphone 2 worth it? why so expensive?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thanks so much for the comments! i wanted to share 2 examples i wanna emulate the sound of.

1:30 mins & especially 6:30 mins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKSu-wZChcQ

this mixed/combined with a little more unclean playback like this starting at the beginning
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWhGCZwfinc
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Those are rips of actual cassettes, though, right? So they were never intended to sound like that.

I'll repeat my 'use a real cassette recorder' comment.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:Those are rips of actual cassettes, though, right? So they were never intended to sound like that.

I'll repeat my 'use a real cassette recorder' comment.
yes, sadly i dont have any tape deck nor tapes anymore :(
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

As someone mentioned earlier, the completely free Guitar Gadgets by Musical Entropy (not just for guitar) has a micro cassette emulator, that IMO, is one of the best for that kind of sound and it's FREE.

Also the old Wow and Flutter by Interuptor maybe in combination. But the micro cassette emulator in Guitar Gadgets does a really realistic warped worn flutter.

incubus wrote:Nothing is Speakerphone, nothing. Maybe you don't like ilok, the price or whatever, but it's in a class of it's own.
This is true. Only those worked with SpeakerPhone within a tight time frame will know. I own a license for SP2 for years and I don't use it often. But when it comes into play it is a fantastic tool. The GUI is totally outdated and fiddly but it is ok fast in handling nevertheless. The results are of very high quality if you want to say this about many low fi FX ... ;-)

Speakerphone is awesome. But as WR suggested, just go down to your local thrift shop or get on eBay and buy a $10 tape deck.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

metalifuxx wrote:As someone mentioned earlier, the completely free Guitar Gadgets by Musical Entropy (not just for guitar) has a micro cassette emulator, that IMO, is one of the best for that kind of sound and it's FREE.

Also the old Wow and Flutter by Interuptor maybe in combination. But the micro cassette emulator in Guitar Gadgets does a really realistic warped worn flutter.
yes, and yes. :tu:

If you really want to keep on the plug-in road, here's one that worth checking : https://goodhertz.co/wow-ctrl.
Pricey and Mac only but really interesting!

deastman wrote:Speakerphone is awesome. But as WR suggested, just go down to your local thrift shop or get on eBay and buy a $10 tape deck.
A very good suggestion, but most of us are NOT tweak heads in that way. There are at LEAST a million ways to skin a cat, but for "that sound" they've already done the work for you. :shrug:

I don't think we disagree or anything, just saying.

EDIT, that wasn't the best analogy.

i made this dry sound to the wet sound with Satin (demo), TB Reelbus, decimor and eq settings. a bit too mono and harsh atm but i think im getting near? :)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w22dmmekcg771 ... 0.mp3?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zshdzo8ia40h7 ... 1.mp3?dl=0

incubus wrote:
deastman wrote:Speakerphone is awesome. But as WR suggested, just go down to your local thrift shop or get on eBay and buy a $10 tape deck.
A very good suggestion, but most of us are NOT tweak heads in that way.
what way? putting in a cassette and hitting a record button? seriously?
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
incubus wrote:
A very good suggestion, but most of us are NOT tweak heads in that way.
what way? putting in a cassette and hitting a record button? seriously?
you are right that this would be the MOST authentic way, but then you need different cassettes, older, newer, worn out, not so worn out etc. so with a plugin these aspects i thought could be varied :D

:ud: that's a truly bizarre comment :shrug:

one would think that using a cassette would be the least tweakiest way to go about it, no?

First track on that Secret Stairways album is wonderful, btw. Saved for later listening, cheers!

.jon wrote::ud: that's a truly bizarre comment :shrug:

one would think that using a cassette would be the least tweakiest way to go about it, no?

First track on that Secret Stairways album is wonderful, btw. Saved for later listening, cheers!
i wanna make some fake old demo recording sounds :D that'S why i check it ;)

Return to “Effects”