Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Soundplex wrote:
Caine123 wrote:one question, atm demoin more finally, i dunno why the sound of a simple saw detuned is not so bright and tight sounding like in rapid?
sounds very tame :/
Because Rapid just has a default big highend boost within its filter :wink: Deactivate it in Rapid for a fair comparison or add a eq to the Avenger saw. The amount should easy be visible when using an analyzer after both plugins.
Yeah. The nexlp24 filter in Avenger does the same trick (maybe a bit less harsh).

Hi there,

I just bought a license for Avenger and have a question about it:

when I registered the account I have inserted my personal name which is now appearing on the plugin GUI. I would like to have it display my band's name, since I'd like to use it to make some production video streams on the internet. Would it be possible to change it in case?

Thanks
Cubase 10 / VPS Avenger / Zebra2 / Hive2 / Line6 Helix
i7-4800MQ / 8gbRAM / Win10 x64 / Nvidia GeForce GTX 770M
http://www.facebook.com/punktronix

After a day of playing, this is the vst that I've been waiting for all my life. Not just the sound and capabilities of the instrument but the sequences are the ultimate writing tool. I've never had an instrument that I can play chord progs on top while everything else falls into place. I've already come up with 5 song sketches just off of Complextro 1. The sound quality, the drum programming, the little bits( growls, basses, etc.), and the levels/mix are all spot on. Now maybe its new to me but the sequence presets are revolutionary. I have to buy all the expansion packs because its amazing.

Hope there's plans to be able to drag the drum sequence into the DAW as a midi file (ala Geist).

As for issues, I did have inital problems getting various DAWS to load after inital installation. I tried Cubase 8 and Ableton 9.7 and kept getting crashes. Ultimately, I used Cubase 7 and was able to import the keyfile - Now it works flawlessly in all DAWS.

Soundplex wrote:
Caine123 wrote:one question, atm demoin more finally, i dunno why the sound of a simple saw detuned is not so bright and tight sounding like in rapid?
sounds very tame :/
Because Rapid just has a default big highend boost within its filter :wink: Deactivate it in Rapid for a fair comparison or add a eq to the Avenger saw. The amount should easy be visible when using an analyzer after both plugins.
It's funny, I've installed the Rapid Demo a number of times - because I think it's a great and very capable synth, but something wasn't sitting right with me with a number of the sounds. I own Avenger, and I love the sound of Avenger, but with Rapid, some patches had a high end grit and sizzle that I don't care for at times. Sometimes it makes sense and adds some nice character, but on some patches it gives the sound a more digital quality. To my ears, at least.

I read your post and was like - wow - I now have to re-install the Rapid demo again and see if that's what I've been hearing in my dislike for some of the sounds. Turns it, that's what it is.

I lowered the Treble knob in the filter all the way down and that sound characteristic (high end grit & sizzle) went away.

I recognize that perhaps that's what a lot of people like about Rapid - it does have its own sound. For me, I didn't care for that sound, but now, I'm finding some of the demo presets more palatable.

I may end up with Rapid this month. Some presets are really stellar. "Freeze" (and the associated MIDI arp) comes to mind (which in this case makes good use of the filter Treble boost).

dcspears wrote:After a day of playing, this is the vst that I've been waiting for all my life.
I feel you on this. Loving it.

DEMO USERS:

Can anyone with the newest demo version (v.1.0.22) confirm if they've added the "Eco" (or equivalent) option for GUI reduced framerate rendering on the Sys tab?

OzoneJunkie wrote:
dcspears wrote:After a day of playing, this is the vst that I've been waiting for all my life.
I feel you on this. Loving it.

DEMO USERS:

Can anyone with the newest demo version (v.1.0.22) confirm if they've added the "Eco" (or equivalent) option for GUI reduced framerate rendering on the Sys tab?
No they only added an Import Content button in the Sys Tab. Also the CC logo in the lower right corner is gone.

db3 wrote:
EnGee wrote:
db3 wrote:
EnGee wrote:This is really a strange issue with the GPU!! None of the beta testers had such a problem!

This was the first thing I reported :D
Really? I didn't notice it or that the developer commented on it in the beta board.
Do you mean that you reported it before the release? During the beta? I haven't read it in the bugs list then.

Reported during beta Oct 1st, and added a reminder later. Rene said that the GUI needed some optimisation. If I recall correctly it's fully vector, which might explain the strain if it's running at a high fps.
It's not even a question of optimization. The GPU shouldn't be stressed by this GUI at all, even at 60 fps. It looks like a bug (or terrible GPU programming, I don't know).

Right now, turn off GPU if that's possible.
Also, it seems like a good idea to put a limiter after the synth until they sort out a few bugs.
I'm pretty sure they're feeling the heat and working hard right now to deliver a bug fix for the most pressing bugs like this one.
Last edited by lolilol1975 on Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Klinke1 wrote:Can has NKS? (Native-Instr.)
To always have matching macro-names on the KK-keyboard-displays. + Maybe access to filter/amp-ENVs.. + Browsing from hardware.
Page 1:
3 Macroknobs, 2 Macrobuttons + Modw.CC1/Expression/Aftertouch = 8 Knobs (or Filter/Env-stuff if possible)
You can already do this for yourself.
Just open Komplete Kontrol, open Avenger in it, assign the Knobs and save it as an Init preset in Komplete Kontrol.

Then browse the presets in Avenger.
You still have all the knobs assigned to the Komplete Kontrol.

I must say the font readability is pretty uncomfortable when the size is at 70% (so it fits on my screen).

Just tried to purchase Avenger, hit the buy now button after entering all cc details, then nothing happened and I was stuck on page 2 of the checkout. Contacted their billing support but on Saturday night no one will be there I guess. Sigh...

ZentralmassivSound wrote:I must say the font readability is pretty uncomfortable when the size is at 70% (so it fits on my screen).
Yes, confirmed.

The font is very blurred. :(

Sampleconstruct wrote:Just tried to purchase Avenger, hit the buy now button after entering all cc details, then nothing happened and I was stuck on page 2 of the checkout. Contacted their billing support but on Saturday night no one will be there I guess. Sigh...
Give them a break...

Sampleconstruct wrote:Just tried to purchase Avenger, hit the buy now button after entering all cc details, then nothing happened and I was stuck on page 2 of the checkout. Contacted their billing support but on Saturday night no one will be there I guess. Sigh...
Same thing happened to me yesterday, but choosing PayPal instead (connected to the same cc) worked for me.
Last edited by starflakeprj on Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

Looking forward to your experiments...

no offense but im interested why you suddenly wanna buy it? what makes it interesting? :)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Return to “Instruments”