Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

vanhaze wrote:Any very experienced mac user that knows if i can damage my macbook Retina cause of constant high running fans because i have one instance of Avenger open in my DAW ?

Stupid enough to have to be asking such a question imho.

Must say i have my macbook retina for a year now and never experienced a piece of software that took my fans running so high and so everlasting.
It scares the sh*t out of me.

Damn U Avenger !
Truly regret buying this.
How could i be so naive, thinking this time Vengeance would come with a plugin that just had just some small bugs at release.

I own other vengeance plugins like tape stop and glitch bitch, they still have their annoying quirks on mac, but further development just has ceased so it seems.

Call me stupid, indeed.
I'm in the same boat with my MacBook Pro retina but i would think it will shut down before it get on fire.
At least i hope so....

Anyone have the blank display? Pure black square when I drag into Ableton/Studio One/Bitwig (all 64 bit)

Tried uninstall/reinstall with only VST2, only VST3, both.

Win1064/980ti/up to date drivers.

EDIT: AAX version also does not display any GUI.
Last edited by solar28 on Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Surely they solve the most important problems throughout this month.

For my part, I'm with the same problem. When I open the plugin, the CPU load goes up by 40%, returning to 5% when I close the avenger GUI.

-Windows 7 (x64)

-FL Studio 12.4

-Old dedicated video card AMD Radeon 6570

-AMD A8 3870 processor
Last edited by goleat on Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

@ Cinebient: Thank you for your help !

I think i am not gonna take any risk and leave Avenger alone for the time being, hoping Dev will come up
with a fix for this horrible problem.

Makes me wonder if Dev (being a PC user) has thoroughly tested Avenger on several macs at all.
Can not imagine this issue wouldn't have been errupted for him also , during testing Avenger on Mac.
Last edited by vanhaze on Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rob van Hees

Just go to the Default screen resolution (so no scaled towards more space setting) then you should need to resize the avenger's GUI to 65% otherwise it will ve too big for the screen. This way the fans should go on a more slow rotation speed.
I'm in MBP retina too, same issue and this is my temporary workaround - at the moment just reading the manual and doing stuff in Avenger only so no testing on actual busy projects.
I'm really hoping for a fix.

vanhaze wrote:Any very experienced mac user that knows if i can damage my macbook Retina cause of constant high running fans because i have one instance of Avenger open in my DAW ?

Stupid enough to have to be asking such a question imho.

Must say i have my macbook retina for a year now and never experienced a piece of software that took my fans running so high and so everlasting.
It scares the sh*t out of me.

Damn U Avenger !
Truly regret buying this.
How could i be so naive, thinking this time Vengeance would come with a plugin that just had just some small bugs at release. (Yeah, U-HE for example, they DO know what they are releasing, in no case utterly unworkable garbage plugins).

I own other vengeance plugins like tape stop and glitch bitch, they still have their annoying quirks on mac, but further development just has ceased so it seems.

Call me stupid, indeed.
These bugs will be fixed eventually, that's for sure. And by then you will be glad you bought it with a 20% rebate. I understand this is really frustrating, but just leave it aside for a while until the fix arrives.

I'm still having trouble understanding how these issues went unnoticed during beta testing (well, actually one tester reported the issue with the GPU, but things like the GUI being too large for many screens, hard to believe noone got it before).
Last edited by lolilol1975 on Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

@lolilol1975:

Thank you for calming me down.
Ofcourse you are very right.

But i am only human, and in the last 20 years of plugin buys, i have never encountered a purchased plugin that
caused so much hassle for me at release ;0/
I guess i am just too spoiled.
Rob van Hees

exmatproton wrote:i like this thing.

1 instance;

https://soundcloud.com/exmatproton/aven ... -1/s-gITyf

No samples, right?

goleat wrote:
exmatproton wrote:i like this thing.

1 instance;

https://soundcloud.com/exmatproton/aven ... -1/s-gITyf

No samples, right?
Drumkit from Rapid :D :party: (kick and snare that is)

Just fooling around in Avenger. I like it. Enough tools in here to weird it up really good :)

exmatproton wrote:
Just fooling around in Avenger. I like it. Enough tools in here to weird it up really good :)

I like it. Do you automate the FM parameter and apply a short delay?

I'm close? :)

goleat wrote:
exmatproton wrote:

I like it. Do you automate the FM parameter and apply a short delay?

I'm close? :)
Something like that. FM is on a seperate osc 'beneath' the percussion samples. The FM isn't automated, but modulated in the synth itself. As in, apart from the DAW.
The delay is a flanger automated by an LFO (in the synth). Modwheel and the macro's to stear stuff a bit :)

I'm on a fairly decent i3-330m/8GB which yet handles most of my stuff rather good (even Diva and the likes), but Avenger seems to be extremly laggy and CPU-consuming even when not playing any sound.

Also preset loading takes around a couple of seconds, you can actually see all parameters building up in realtime (so to speak)

Is this a GPU-related thing as described? ATM not really usable for me I have to admit, hope that this will get fixed.

exmatproton wrote:Drumkit from Rapid
On that note....I rarely use synth drum kits, but I think the 150+ sample-based kits in Avenger are very usable straight out the box. Also like that you can set up a different send effect for each sample...& add shaper.
Last edited by db3 on Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

db3 wrote:
exmatproton wrote:Drumkit from Rapid
On that note....I rarely use synth drum kits, but I think the 150+ sample-based kits in Avenger are very usable straight out the box. Also like that you can set up a different send effect for each sample.
Indeed they are. Very kind of them to package them for users to download. :tu:

Return to “Instruments”