PhoenixVerb At $49

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

plexuss wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:What are your top 5, just out of curiosity?
1. 2c audio Aether
2. PSP 2445
3. 2c audio B2
Wish I had the machine capable of running those, and then enough juice remaining for 30 tracks of instruments and various effects...

Aether uses 24%, 2445 15%, and B2 managed to break the stability of my RME drivers :clap:.
So yeah, Valhalla all the way for me (3-8%). And Breeze (4-12%) plus Blackhole (5%).

Novalis wrote:In 10 years you'll get it for free on Black Friday.

Cool, thanks, I'll wait then.

e@rs wrote: Wish I had the machine capable of running those, and then enough juice remaining for 30 tracks of instruments and various effects...
One of the amazing aspects of the Exponential Audio reverbs is that they use very few CPU.

e@rs wrote:
plexuss wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:What are your top 5, just out of curiosity?
1. 2c audio Aether
2. PSP 2445
3. 2c audio B2
Wish I had the machine capable of running those, and then enough juice remaining for 30 tracks of instruments and various effects...

Aether uses 24%, 2445 15%, and B2 managed to break the stability of my RME drivers :clap:.
So yeah, Valhalla all the way for me (3-8%). And Breeze (4-12%) plus Blackhole (5%).

Maybe santa clause will bring you one of these:

http://wccftech.com/intel-xeon-e5-2699-v5-skylake-ep/

:D

four core, smore core! gimme this 32 core beast already! :borg:

I'm personally drooling just thinking about this CPU! :o

Cheers, Andrew! Unfortunately not gonna happen. I've been a bad boy this year. Traded work for soap operas.

e@rs wrote:Cheers, Andrew! Unfortunately not gonna happen. I've been a bad boy this year. Traded work for soap operas.

Can easily happen in Bucuresti. o mulțime de fete frumoase aici :D

(We're gonna try our best to reduce CPU usage some in the coming months, while also adding new features... but our algs do basically do a sh*tload of calculations, and I do think the result is worth it, so I doubt we will achieve any major miracles in CPU reduction of the same algs since they are already optimized in assembly etc. We'll see.)

Another thing people do is to build an inexpensive Vienna Ensemble slave computer... 6700k is a great CPU for that...

Galbanum wrote:

Server chips, a mobo that can house that is not likely to be especially useful
in a desktop situation unfortunately.

pekbro wrote:
Galbanum wrote:

Server chips, a mobo that can house that is not likely to be especially useful
in a desktop situation unfortunately.

why? this is the latest generation (well next generation that comes out in 6 months or so) that has always been used in the Mac Pro for example, as well as workstations from Dell, HP, etc. This would be three generations newer than the CPU that is is the current top Mac Pro. This would be the logical choice for Apple to use in the next Mac Pro, assuming they make one instead of focusing purely on iToys and iCarFantasies. :wink:

Oh, well if thats what apple does, cant say I ever got my hands on a full on mac pro.
HPC for me has always been about parallel computing. The last "workstation"
I used was an SGI Octane2.

I do know from experience, its not really worth it to try to build your own machines using server
chips. But if Apple is going to make the hardware for them, there you go.

-Cheers

Galbanum wrote:Can easily happen in Bucuresti. o mulțime de fete frumoase aici :D
:o :lol: :clap:
Galbanum wrote:(We're gonna try our best to reduce CPU usage some in the coming months, while also adding new features... but our algs do basically do a sh*tload of calculations, and I do think the result is worth it, so I doubt we will achieve any major miracles in CPU reduction of the same algs since they are already optimized in assembly etc. We'll see.)
:tu:
Galbanum wrote:Another thing people do is to build an inexpensive Vienna Ensemble slave computer... 6700k is a great CPU for that...
Interesting...

Intel® Core™ i9-9900K•Cubase 11•Presonus Eris E8 XT•Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 & Octopre•NI Kontrol S61 MK2•Stein­berg CC121•Synthesizers: Arturia Casio Korg Roland Yamaha

Holy sh**. There go my good resolutions.

I already have too many reverbs Grrrr

And you get a £200 Soundspot production pack, for free :o
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

:lol:

They already pile up in the cellar here...

Wow.

Need: nope.
Buy: yes.

Return to “Effects”