Blasting Off For Home (Orchestral - Exoplanets Suite)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone!

This is the final piece in my exoplanets suite, which I've been posting here in segments over the past few months. If you have any comments/critiques, I'd be delighted to hear them!

https://soundcloud.com/davidstiles/blas ... f-for-home

Now that the suite is complete, I'm planning to go back and make some adjustments/improvements to each track. Then, I'm playing around with the idea of potentially trying to put it up for sale on the Internet, but I'm having trouble deciding if people would be willing to pay money for music of this type, and if it's up to a sufficient level of quality. What do you guys think? Is it worth the trouble and expense of potentially offering it for sale?

https://soundcloud.com/davidstiles/sets ... nets-suite

had a listen to "blasting off" sounds wonderful! you certainly have a way with transitioning between the big and quieter parts. very smooth production out of these phones! :phones: enjoyed :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Orbital approach sounds wonderfull man. pure hollywood gold material. As in, if they aren't paying you yet for top dollar movies, they should start right about yesterday.

Great work. Arrangement, orchestration and mix sounds dynamic. Enjoyable orchestral music

Great. I love it for the Joyous feel and its well developed melodies.
Perfect dynamics management.
This is an appropriate finale for this excellent exoplanets suite :clap:
I enjoyed every single episode: you did a great job rendering the exotic vibe of a far away place / civilization. This is what it makes different and better than any other "casual" orchestral suite.
(this vibe is less strong in this last track, imo, but it work very well anyway as an ending/conclusive piece)

:tu:

Cheers

oh and btw
Is it worth the trouble and expense of potentially offering it for sale?
I have no idea.
This is interesting and enjoyable, but I don't really know how you can promote it

:shrug:

Thank you, layzer, Jesse, markkuja, and Laguna Rising! Glad you enjoyed it!

@layzer - Glad you enjoyed the transitions between the bigger and quieter parts - I spent quite a bit of time trying to get that aspect right.

@Jesse - That is high praise indeed! I'm probably not going to be able to get anyone to pay me top dollar for this stuff, but I'll be happy if it somehow winds up leading to some kind of payment.

@Laguna Rising - Yeah, I don't really know how to promote stuff either. I've heard that Facebook ads can be effective if they are done right, but it could also be mostly a good way for me to waste a bunch of money that doesn't encourage sales at all. I'm thinking of doing it as a experiment without expecting much.

Hey David,

again a very accomplished, pleasant mission on a narrative orchestral piece.
As here was said: It's very well developed/composed, the mix sits well - so of course this would be a good fit for (big) movies.

Now you have to know a dooropener I'm afraid - though I can understand the question to offer this for payment and it's worth it :)
I also have no clue where would be the best place or what method would be the nearest.
But you should try it in any case 8)
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

Rather impressive orchestration David! Orbital Approach is my favourite of the two. Very moody and evocative. Nicely done!

Have you done any film scoring? These pieces certainly suggest that you should!! (if you haven't already)

Thanks thomekk and sazb30! Glad you enjoyed it!

@ thomekk - I've figured out how to get stuff made available for sale, but the big challenge, I fear, is marketing. I will give it a try, though!

@sazb30 - Nope, I've never done any film scoring, although I'd be happy to give it a try if someone wanted to hire me!

I'm in absolute awe!!! Geez, I got a long way to go :lol:
This is simply stunning! :-)

I listened to this a couple of times yesterday, but at very low volume. I'm listening now at a much more satisfying level, and I think it sounds great. Wonderful sonic storytelling, and the mix is very good. The transitions out of and into the rhythmic sections are excellent.

I have no idea about marketing. My feeble and occasional efforts are confined to twitter, and although they generate some interest, they don't generate any sales, and I never expected them to. I suspect that successful marketing would entail a lot of time and effort, and as I am in full-time employment, I can't see that becoming a priority for me.

Good work :)

Is it just coincidence that Holst's The Planets Suite was composed 100 years go this year?
This set is it's modern compliment.
Well done just doesn't do it justice. Well done, anyway. :tu:

Fabulous energy David. Love the melodies and the joyous energy if it.
Excellent use of different instruments.
You should be writing for films and being paid for it!
Well done
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

davidstiles wrote:Thank you, layzer, Jesse, markkuja, and Laguna Rising! Glad you enjoyed it!

@layzer - Glad you enjoyed the transitions between the bigger and quieter parts - I spent quite a bit of time trying to get that aspect right.

@Jesse - That is high praise indeed! I'm probably not going to be able to get anyone to pay me top dollar for this stuff, but I'll be happy if it somehow winds up leading to some kind of payment.

@Laguna Rising - Yeah, I don't really know how to promote stuff either. I've heard that Facebook ads can be effective if they are done right, but it could also be mostly a good way for me to waste a bunch of money that doesn't encourage sales at all. I'm thinking of doing it as a experiment without expecting much.
you deserve it though. dont give up!

Return to “Music Cafe”