Recommend me an aggressive compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Soundtoys devilloc is very good for agressive compression

Softube Dynamite

super aggressive if pushed..its almost a Transient plugin
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

Vertigo VSC-2, and another +1 for Omnipressor.

VSC is a great compressor. I didn't realise it did "aggressive" though.

Me neither. Pretty punchy, but far from the aggressive behavior of the others mentioned here.

DMG Compassion can be the most aggressive plugin compressor, among a lot of other things.

It doesn't have the limitations that other comps have to make them more "user friendly" or "musical". You can really customize it for the particular source sound, and make it whack the shit out it.

I wonder how long it will take for every software compressor to be listed here ;)

Blockfish is one I use for extreme f**king up. Swearing's being censored here now?
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

Yeah, it probably will happen. There are definitely those who miss the point.

Oh there is the Pye also. Sadly it doesn't have an adjustable attack, but it can still find its use smashing the s$&t out of drums, possibly bass.

FOUR pages of this thread and NOBODY mentions the free Molot?

EvilDragon wrote:FOUR pages of this thread and NOBODY mentions the free Molot?
first page, mentioned twice:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8#p5608748

One thats definitely in the aggressive category is JB Red Phatt.

Some years ago Jeroen made it free along with the rest of the Pro plugins, the archive is still available via wayback machine.

Complete Pack

Drums are definitely its forte, i myself use it pretty much exclusively for that purpose.

ENV1 wrote:One thats definitely in the aggressive category is JB Red Phatt.

Some years ago Jeroen made it free along with the rest of the Pro plugins, the archive is still available via wayback machine.

Complete Pack

Drums are definitely its forte, i myself use it pretty much exclusively for that purpose.
In release mode 2 it's much better. I dismissed it for ages because I thought it sounded pretty lifeless but then I discovered mode 2.. Also it has a tendency to (for some reason) really heavily compress the first transient. I found that I needed to boost the pre gain by quite a bit on most sources to remove this behaviour.

EvilDragon wrote:FOUR pages of this thread and NOBODY mentions the free Molot?
Yes it is aggressive but it's also a very tricky beast to tame. I find it very hard to get the attack nice - reduces drum transients to an unpleasant clicky sound all too easily. As such there's others I reach for first usually.

AROUSOR FTW!!!! Everything from clean to grimy as hell, and packs a punch. I'm sure OP is still looking for recommendations, right? LOL :D
Chris H.

Return to “Effects”