Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

So the sample stacker can not stack the same sample twice, I just imported a single sample as multi-sample (btw in this case shifting the root note with the Shift knob does not work) and tried stacking it with itself hoping that I could change the root note and sample start in the stacked version, but that's not how it works, so I'm using a second oscillator instead, load the same sample and do the root note and sample start change there.

ferdik wrote:On mac AU version. I have installed Avanger. It opens in Logic. I place the factory library file in library/audio/plug-ins/components. I locate it from Avenger but get error mess "Could not locate factory library!" What am I doing wrong?
Place that file on your desktop then drag it into avenger's window (hold it on top for fee seconds then drop it). Avenger will then import the file. After import you can store the big library file on a backup drive as is not needed anymore.

No need to have that file in components folder, it will only waste drive space.

hi guys, i'm on win7 pro, i7-3517, onboard intel graphics, reaper latest version.
not very performant, but at least i should be able to see something.

inserting avenger all i see is a blank gui. cpu going up to 15%, but blank gui. UI mode however shoes all parameters. any idea? much appreciated..
Last edited by colibri on Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A question....i used the pitch envelope 1 for modulating pitch and volume for OSC 1. Great so far but when i now turn the pitch1 off in the routing it still modulates the pitch. I thought i also could use them as "simple" bipolar modulations sources and turn the pitch modulation off.
Maybe i´m doing it wrong?

sircuit wrote:
ferdik wrote:On mac AU version. I have installed Avanger. It opens in Logic. I place the factory library file in library/audio/plug-ins/components. I locate it from Avenger but get error mess "Could not locate factory library!" What am I doing wrong?
Place that file on your desktop then drag it into avenger's window (hold it on top for fee seconds then drop it). Avenger will then import the file. After import you can store the big library file on a backup drive as is not needed anymore.

No need to have that file in components folder, it will only waste drive space.

Thanks! It upload. Both when I locate the file and when I drop it in Avanger window. But nothings show up! It's still empty from presets.

Cinebient wrote:A question....i used the pitch envelope 1 for modulating pitch and volume for OSC 1. Great so far but when i now turn the pitch1 off in the routing it still modulates the pitch. I thought i also could use them as "simple" bipolar modulations sources and turn the pitch modulation off.
go to the pitch page and set "Keytrack" to 0. Now it no longer modulates pitch. You can even mirror the pitch with Keytrack set to -100

Still demoing Avenger. And I like for the same reason as I like Phalanx: easy to use and always interesting results. I already discovered some bugs:
- when I load certain wave files in the resampler Avenger crashes
I don't know what it is. They are plain wav-files. They play in the Avenger browser. They are long, but other long samples I can load in the resampler.
- when I modulate the filter with a free envelope and play a note. At the same time I choose the 'VPS Talkbox' filter all sound is gone. Only when I choose a different preset in the preset browser or initialize sound reappears.

can you send such a wave file to us?

And now my videocard crashed! Never happened before. Really stranger. Avenger is certainly a dangerous synth!

msvs wrote:can you send such a wave file to us?
Tomorrow I'll send the wav file. It's from the Alchemy library Dream Voices.

msvs wrote:
Cinebient wrote:A question....i used the pitch envelope 1 for modulating pitch and volume for OSC 1. Great so far but when i now turn the pitch1 off in the routing it still modulates the pitch. I thought i also could use them as "simple" bipolar modulations sources and turn the pitch modulation off.
go to the pitch page and set "Keytrack" to 0. Now it no longer modulates pitch. You can even mirror the pitch with Keytrack set to -100
It was so easy....lol!
This thing is an experimental science tool!
The last stupid question (i really appreciate it´s sunday and you are here :tu: ).
I figured out how to create a custom expansion and i created sub-folders (called experimental :D ) but i can´t rename the expansion.
O.k., i renamed it but when i open Avenger it still say customer-1 and when i create a new it get the same name. So it seems it changed the name behind but it´s not displayed in the plug-in.
Also i can´t activate the triplet in the pitch envelope...maybe it´s also not activated yet like the drop and drag on a few things?
But let me say i like it very much for wild sound creation and the drum sequencer let me do nice things since i can modulate the pitch, volume etc. there as well. I use it as little wave seqeuncer....is there a way to "stretch" the drum sequencer over all octaves?
That was more than 1 question, sorry!

Cinebient wrote:
msvs wrote:
...is there a way to "stretch" the drum sequencer over all octaves?
That was more than 1 question, sorry!
Yeah. In the "zones" section, you can customize the zone for the different layers/osc's and percussion

Cinebient wrote:
msvs wrote:
Also i can´t activate the triplet in the pitch envelope...maybe it´s also not activated yet like the drop and drag on a few things?
This seems to be bugged. It isn't possible here as well.

Thank´s....it was a grumpy start but i begin to love this tool.
It also cleans my computer from dust :hihi:

vanhaze wrote:
db3 wrote:
db3 wrote:I don't want to tempt fate...but my mac fan has been quiet with 1.0.22. :pray:
30min now with GUI open 100% and no fan noise. Perhaps 1.0.22 is ECO mode. :tu:
Anyone confirm the same?
No, can't confirm here:

- only my DAW open (no other programs running)
- Only 1 instance of Avenger in Reaper Project (also tested in Live 9 latest version), no other tracks in Project.

Outcome: fan noise fairly noticeable on my macbook retina, although it seems lower than the fan noise created when Avenger is at 100% scaled GUI.

OSX 10.12.1
Macbook Retina 2016, Core I7, 16 gigs RAM, 512 gb SSD.
Are you sure you're running 1.0.22? I can only hear my fan now when I open 2 instances of Avenger GUI. 8)

Return to “Instruments”