StudioWeapon release "UNDERSCORE" for Kontakt 5

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Underscore

^ Thank you. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Really helpful, looking forward to following the series as they're uploaded. Have been enjoying discovering things by accident so I can't wait until I actually know what I'm doing :-)

Thanks!

So? Anyone loading their own samples and getting interesting results? Only a couple days left on this one.

I see from the vstbuzz comments there's now a (very brief) manual:

http://bit.ly/1MoDpDR

I'm still on the fence about this as I already have Komplete 9 ultimate, Dim Pro and alchemy (yes, it still lives - just!)

Is anyone finding things that set it apart from the usual sample playing synth?

Any more views on this?
Only 5.5 hours left . I also own Komplete (10U) + Omnisphere so I'm wondering if I'm just covering familiar ground and should put the money towards Relayer instead?

Armadillo wrote:I also own Komplete (10U)
There isn't really any major overlap between stuff for Kontakt included with Komplete 10U and Underscore, maybe Rise & Hit or Retro Machines

The interface of Evolve/Mutations is stuck in the past, Underscore provides a much more hands on experiencce than those NI libs.

...and if you had the cash to buy Komplete Ultimate in the first place, why hesitate spending €20 on a quality piece of software like Underscore

Since this has just gone on sale again at Kontakt Hub (https://www.kontakthub.com/product/_underscore_/), I'm hoping to revive this thread, mostly for help with it, as it's VERY complex and intriguing, but so far no response from the dev at any place I can find a contact portal…

Anybody have a clue about how to access the stored patterns, etc.? The Load this Patch First method isn't working here.

And I keep stumbling upon interesting features not covered in the 11 Vimeo vids, and being both excited and baffled… Anybody here willing to field some how-to/WOW/WTF? sort of questions?

TIA
dpc

EDIT: Just heard from the Dev, problem solved and more demo vids in the works, loving this thing more and more. It's quirky and nontypical for sure, but deep and brilliant IMO, a unique and powerful exploratory tool for those looking for such things.
Last edited by David on Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I forgot I bought this. :oops: That just shows you how much value I actually got out of it in the end.

Musical Gym wrote:............
+1

David wrote:Anybody have a clue about how to access the stored patterns?
There's a Load Pattern button on the Seq page.

EDIT: Heard from Dev, fixed…

Right, but that's not working…

David wrote:EDIT: Heard from Dev, fixed…

Right, but that's not working…
What did he do to fix?

Try deleting the Data folder that's underneath (LOAD THIS PATCH FIRST).nki and then load that patch. If there's no Data folder then load that patch.

I had moved my Kontakt folders and this bit went blank as the path in a config file in that Data folder was no longer correct.

Yeah, same idea from the dev:
"delete the Basepath.nka and Initialized.nka files from the "Data" folder where you installed UNDERSCORE, and then reload the "(LOAD THIS PATCH FIRST).nki", close it, and then load any of the other UNDERSCORE instruments. "

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”