MODO BASS: Get ready for a new level of realism (1.5 update available now)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
MODO BASS 1

Congratulations IK. Job well done. A very well thought out product. I feel sad for my bass guitar because it's not going to be used as much.

Downloaded it a few days ago. I've yet to install it and use it

Note to those still interested - today is the last day to get the special pricing of $/€149.99 on MODO BASS

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Note to those still interested - today is the last day to get the special pricing of $/€149.99 on MODO BASS
Grab it folks or you're gonna kick yourself. Greatest bass VST on the planet. Maybe in the whole universe if there is intelligent life anywhere else.

wagtunes wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Note to those still interested - today is the last day to get the special pricing of $/€149.99 on MODO BASS
Grab it folks or you're gonna kick yourself. Greatest bass VST on the planet. Maybe in the whole universe if there is intelligent life anywhere else.
Wags, something telling me your enthusiastic about this one.
TBH, I too pretty dig it.
Last edited by nordickvr on Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

As I said somewhere upthread, I wasn't sure if I was going to go for this given that I already have the Orange Tree bass sample collection. But after demoing extensively yesterday, I went ahead and purchased. What ultimately sold me was not the default sounds as such -- Modo sounds great, but so does Orange Tree -- but how incredibly tweakable everything is. It's easy to dial in almost any bass sound I want, with the speed of modeling rather than sample loading.

I still don't think, for my purposes and anticipated use, I would pay the full $300. But for the $150 intro price (or if/when there are future sales, for people reading this after the intro has expired), I'm very satisfied.

I'm having major muting occurring when playing through some of the presets. One example: Jeremy's Bass from the Picked Section

If I play legato from one note to the next, the second note often doesn't play and it just cuts off the first note. I get the same problem on some other presets, but I can't figure out what setting is causing it. I get the same problem with the standalone and as a plugin inside a DAW.

Does anyone else have this problem?

jsp1979 wrote:I'm having major muting occurring when playing through some of the presets. One example: Jeremy's Bass from the Picked Section

If I play legato from one note to the next, the second note often doesn't play and it just cuts off the first note. I get the same problem on some other presets, but I can't figure out what setting is causing it. I get the same problem with the standalone and as a plugin inside a DAW.

Does anyone else have this problem?
Let me try it out here and I'll get back to you.

** EDIT ** Works fine here.

Hmmmm...well I'm a bit stumped on as to what's going on. If I play a fast passage legato on that preset (and a few others), then only about half of the notes play. I've tried different audio drivers, different buffer settings, standalone vs. DAW, etc.

90% of the presets play just fine. I can't figure out what's unique about the bad ones.

Urs wrote:
lolilol1975 wrote:u-he has been toying with that for a while. Pretty good stuff.
For some reason, last I heard they weren't sure it will become a product.
It will become a product, just not exactly like what we've shown, i.e. what we've shown was a work-in-progress technology and that technology is going to be put into a product or two.

Curious to see what IK has to offer :-)
...sounds like a promise for zebra 3

:wink:

too bad, i just thought "pfffffff....another bass sampled library !" ...i didn't noticed it was a physically modeled instrument in time !

:( :tu:

...nice to see the overall and constant progress of PM technologies (among others !)

:hyper:

Krakatau wrote:
too bad, i just thought "pfffffff....another bass sampled library !" ...i didn't noticed it was a physically modeled instrument in time !

:( :tu:

...nice to see the overall and constant progress of PM technologies (among others !)

:hyper:
You may be able to get close to the MODO BASS preorder pricing if you have some JamPoints as we offer a crossgrade
from any previously purchased product of a value of $/€99.99 or more (which you can also use JamPoints to defray the cost of by up to 30%).

Is there a way to set MODO bass to play as a "monophonic" instrument? Sometimes when I play legato from one note to the next it does a hammer-on or pull-off, but other times it plays multiple notes. I understand that this comes down to whether or not it is possible to play the second note on another string, and I know about the keyswitching options, but for most of the bass lines I write, it would be much simpler if I could set plugin to only play one note at a time.

SteveWZ wrote:When freezing or rendering a track in Cubase 8.5 Pro that contains MODO, only part of the audio gets printed, the rest is blank.

I have tried this several times with different MODO tracks but the result is always the same.
Same problem here.

Also, it wont allow a mix down, MODO is dropping notes.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Sparky77 wrote:
SteveWZ wrote:When freezing or rendering a track in Cubase 8.5 Pro that contains MODO, only part of the audio gets printed, the rest is blank.

I have tried this several times with different MODO tracks but the result is always the same.
Same problem here.

Also, it wont allow a mix down, MODO is dropping notes.
Hey Sparky, try this. It might work. Freeze the track. Play it back solo'd to make sure the frozen track is correct. If it is, then try rendering. It should work.

Return to “Instruments”