Rob Papen Predator 2 will coming on 25 November :)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Predator 3

Igro wrote:I'm wondering why Rob Papen decided to withdraw from KVR forum.
Looking at his last posts here, it seems there was concern that bugs were getting posted to the forum but never put into their system with an official request.

Overview video from Sami from Aiynzahev-Sound, with some nice sounds as usual :):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYrT0AF9I3I

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

egbert101 wrote:It really is a great sounding synth. I just don't understand why they created such UI problems. Look how beautiful Blue II is in contrast.
But they do listen to their customers. In a week or so, they're releasing a white version of the skin, and I think it looks beautiful. Really looking forward to it. Or are you more referring to the UI itself, and not the choice of color?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote:
egbert101 wrote:It really is a great sounding synth. I just don't understand why they created such UI problems. Look how beautiful Blue II is in contrast.
But they do listen to their customers. In a week or so, they're releasing a white version of the skin, and I think it looks beautiful. Really looking forward to it. Or are you more referring to the UI itself, and not the choice of color?
I believe it's that "doesn't fit in 1366x768 laptop screen" -issue.

starflakeprj wrote:they're releasing a white version of the skin
:dog:

Lejurai wrote:
starflakeprj wrote:
Probably not, but 1366x768, year 2016? Only low end laptops have these specs, and new plugins are not made to run on low end laptops. CPU is probably as much of problem as the resolution.
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

You can make great music on "low end" laptops too. So whats your problem with someone who have GUI issues? My macbook has an i5 and the resolution is only 1440x900 or so, that not much better and this is no "low end" laptop.

Taurus wrote:You can make great music on "low end" laptops too. So whats your problem with someone who have GUI issues? My macbook has an i5 and the resolution is only 1440x900 or so, that not much better and this is no "low end" laptop.
Well, driving an old laptop is all fine and dandy, but newer stuff "can" give problems, because of the specs the newer stuff needs. Asking dev's to make it possible to run their specific plugin on (for instance) 5 year old hardware, isn't that fair imho. (however, i believe the most used resolution worldwide is 'still' 1366x768, correct me if i am wrong. Ofcourse, most users aren't musicians, but yeah...)

On the other hand, there is enough stuff out there that still runs fine.

If one wants all the newest and latest stuff, on old hardware, sometime it just won't work properly, or not at all. Like games, music software is developing over time too.
Last edited by exmatproton on Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

starflakeprj wrote:
Lejurai wrote:
starflakeprj wrote:
Probably not, but 1366x768, year 2016? Only low end laptops have these specs, and new plugins are not made to run on low end laptops. CPU is probably as much of problem as the resolution.
Cost bit under 1000€. 3 months a go :P Really not a low end laptop and it was my mistake that I didn't make sure that it'd be at least FULL hd instead of marketting gimmick "hd". What I was able to do with P2, didn't have practically any impact to cpu usage so it won't become a problem. Only the resolution.

Lejurai wrote:
starflakeprj wrote:
Lejurai wrote:
starflakeprj wrote:
Cost bit under 1000€. 3 months a go :P Really not a low end laptop and it was my mistake that I didn't make sure that it'd be at least FULL hd instead of marketting gimmick "hd". What I was able to do with P2, didn't have practically any impact to cpu usage so it won't become a problem. Only the resolution.
Sorry to hear that. And I guess you are right, there are some lap tops which have quite good specs, but to keep the price down they will hold back on something, I guess in this case the screen. Let's hope they make it re-sizable then. I have noticed more and more plugins have that option.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

In Studio One, it is more stable than version 1 (no CPU spikes) with low CPU usage in general.
It can sound bland and thin or rich and fat, depends on the preset design and the use of unison and analog knob (as Sami illustrated in his video).

IMO, the new features made it a very interesting synth :) I just wish they make a skin exactly like version 1 (two colours in the background and digital like font to have a better contrast).

EnGee wrote:
lectropunk wrote:i tried im on windows 7 no joy though
Try to do it with Reaper (it's always handy to have it). It has scroll bars on the right when the vst plugin is bigger than the screen.
yeah, i've decided to only use Predator 2 in Reaper cos of the handy scroll bars, at least i can get at the full gui that way :party:

starflakeprj wrote: But they do listen to their customers. In a week or so, they're releasing a white version of the skin, and I think it looks beautiful. Really looking forward to it. Or are you more referring to the UI itself, and not the choice of color?
Are there any screenshots yet or is it still in Beta ? Is a "week or so" a realistic timeline ? :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “Instruments”