OrilRiver - great Room/Hall reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OrilRiver

crimsonmerry wrote: Thanks for the words! :)
You could make a smart GUI for Reaper :tu:

Tp3 wrote:
crimsonmerry wrote:I simply dig this plugin alot. And about the GUI re-design, perhaps we need to tease him a bit?

My thoughts on this GUI are...

Still waiting that this GUI will be released as alternative. Whats the problem when it's freeware?
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

I brought this up a while ago. Why does the OliRiver .dll scan as "2 items" when all other plugin .dlls scan as 1 Item ? The .dll scans as clean but still it's a matter of curiosity. What's causing the extra "Item" ? First screenshot is the free Sanford Reverb as an example, the second is the latest version of OliRiver's scan. I have posted at the Bitdefender forum to see if their support staff has anything to say about the question.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I'm more interested if the "Variations" are finally documented in some form.

Also... after seeing the GUI that murnau just bumped again... I really don't want to see anything else. But who knows what will happen.

An ETA for the update yet?
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

crimsonmerry wrote:
Lesha wrote:Too bad it's not going to be designed by crimsonmerry..
Hehe naah please don't feel that way. I think Denis just keeping his words to this young designer, we just need to put some trust and give him/her a chance :tu:
vitalker wrote:Yep, He has made some gorgeous GUI for these plugs: http://jsplugins.supermaailma.net/plugins.php . They look awesome!
Thanks for the words! :)
Looks like it's probably possible to create a version of OrilRiver with your GUI, with the help of this program:
http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/

The different bitmaps appear as separate resources in the program, so if you replace them with your own, and save the project, it should regenerate the dll with the new bitmaps.

Yes, I know, but let's hope the layout stays the same ;)
It's easy if you know how

lolilol1975 wrote:The different bitmaps appear as separate resources in the program, so if you replace them with your own, and save the project, it should regenerate the dll with the new bitmaps.
Depends on whether or not the EULA allows it (most of the time it doesn't - and it's not guaranteed to be bug free)
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Compyfox wrote:
lolilol1975 wrote:The different bitmaps appear as separate resources in the program, so if you replace them with your own, and save the project, it should regenerate the dll with the new bitmaps.
Depends on whether or not the EULA allows it (most of the time it doesn't - and it's not guaranteed to be bug free)
What would be the consequences? Am I missing something here?

BTW: I'm not sure what people are hearing in this. It's ok. Head on over to focusrite and get Eventide's Stereo Room for free. They've re-activated it for December.

Summed up - no alterations of the UI, reverse engineering, sharing of the plugin outside of the original source would be allowed. Yadda yadda. So unless there is an official statement "skinning allowed", and it's built in right out of the box, the developer can(!, in theory) go legal routes if people break that EULA and we talk about "changing the UI" with custom tools.

There are custom GUI's for V-Station and Co, and the devs don't like to see that either. In fact, there was a huge debate about this on KVR a couple of years back... Then again... the new UI for this reverb is not known to the public yet. Chances are that people like it.

At this point, I can only repeat my request for a proper manual and more info on the Mode Variations.

Compyfox wrote:Summed up - no alterations of the UI, reverse engineering, sharing of the plugin outside of the original source would be allowed. Yadda yadda. So unless there is an official statement "skinning allowed", and it's built in right out of the box, the developer can(!, in theory) go legal routes if people break that EULA and we talk about "changing the UI" with custom tools.

There are custom GUI's for V-Station and Co, and the devs don't like to see that either. In fact, there was a huge debate about this on KVR a couple of years back... Then again... the new UI for this reverb is not known to the public yet. Chances are that people like it.
You can put whatever you want in an Eula, doesn't necessarily make it legally binding. Devs gripe, and even get people to agree to their demands, all the time where they don't really have legal grounds to do so. But, I thought that you were suggesting that just using the tool would induce consequences. Distribution is a different thing. Even if it's legal you might end up having to deal with legal threats. YMMV.

In any case, the tool was pretty cool. I'd change a few images in some of my plugins if I could regardless of what the Eula says. Not all of them expose the resources however. I can tell you that DDLY doesn't, LOL! Yes, I looked!

crimsonmerry wrote:I simply dig this plugin alot. And about the GUI re-design, perhaps we need to tease him a bit?

:love:

chris.r wrote:

:love:
Yep, what's the chance of getting the bitmaps? Are their knob strips ready to go, or are those just mockups?

ghettosynth wrote:You can put whatever you want in an Eula, doesn't necessarily make it legally binding. Devs gripe, and even get people to agree to their demands, all the time where they don't really have legal grounds to do so. But, I thought that you were suggesting that just using the tool would induce consequences. Distribution is a different thing. Even if it's legal you might end up having to deal with legal threats. YMMV.

In any case, the tool was pretty cool. I'd change a few images in some of my plugins if I could regardless of what the Eula says. Not all of them expose the resources however. I can tell you that DDLY doesn't, LOL! Yes, I looked!
Fair game - but it's still a grey zone "legally".

I like the sound and the controls are intuitive. Thank you for this device.

Any news on this? :)

Return to “Effects”