Anywhere to get Alchemy Player 64 bit?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alchemy Player

So... here is my question. If I have Alchemy Player is there any way to load any of the Libraries that were sold separately? I understand they are locked, but can they be unlocked for the Player since Camel Audio is no longer active?
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Saukar30 wrote:If I have Alchemy Player is there any way to load any of the Libraries that were sold separately?
You mean sold separatly by Camel Audio like for example Himalaya Vintage, or material made by third parties?

You have no chance to load libs that was sold by Camel Audio, but there are sh*t loads of third party libs that can be loaded. I think CM themselves have made more than 30GB worth of material for Alchemy Player, that I have yet to find the time to check out.

Computer Music Special 68 from 2014 is the one to get:

Numanoid wrote:
Saukar30 wrote:If I have Alchemy Player is there any way to load any of the Libraries that were sold separately?
You mean sold separatly by Camel Audio like for example Himalaya Vintage, or material made by third parties?

You have no chance to load libs that was sold by Camel Audio, but there are sh*t loads of third party libs that can be loaded. I think CM themselves have made more than 30GB worth of material for Alchemy Player, that I have yet to find the time to check out.

Computer Music Special 68 from 2014 is the one to get:

Hmmm.. Before Camel Audio sold Alchemy, I had downloaded the free player and bought a few of the preset collections from them. Mostly cinematic and ambient stuff. When I installed the player again, it scanned and found and installed all of the preset sets that I had bought. I was just glad this all worked with 64 bit installation of Live. The player I had was v1.55

STi_NJ wrote:When I installed the player again, it scanned and found and installed all of the preset sets that I had bought. I was just glad this all worked with 64 bit installation of Live. The player I had was v1.55
Good that it worked

The key is to have the latest patch file from the user profile that was at Camel Audio

I also have third party extentions made by Camel Audio, like Water, and they still work.

Numanoid wrote:I also have third party extentions made by Camel Audio, like Water, and they still work.
In the Player or the Full version ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:
Numanoid wrote:I also have third party extentions made by Camel Audio, like Water, and they still work.
In the Player or the Full version ?
Full version.

But anybody buying a sample pack from Camel Audio, would get their patch file updated in their Camel Audio profile, Player or full version, as I remember.

It's been so long I don't remember. I backed up all the files in two different locations just to be safe. So a person couldn't buy or sell a Camel Audio sample pack from or to someone else because they wouldn't work without the proper "unlock file" ? I know a lot of people wanted to buy Alchemy so maybe the player might be the next best thing for them. Can't make patches with it but there is enough content to make it worthwhile in my opinion.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:So a person couldn't buy or sell a Camel Audio sample pack from or to someone else because they wouldn't work without the proper "unlock file" ?
Yes, that is how I remember it.

Because purchases of Camel Audio extension sample packs was locked to a users patch file, selling it now that Camel Audio is no more, is not possible

But third party libs made available "outside" of Camel Audio still should work fine.

You have yourself made that available, and that should work with the Camel Player still:
http://rekkerd.org/patches/plug-in/alchemy/

There is also the magware included with CM mentioned above, should work with Camel Player straight out of the box.

Teksonik wrote:It's been so long I don't remember. I backed up all the files in two different locations just to be safe. So a person couldn't buy or sell a Camel Audio sample pack from or to someone else because they wouldn't work without the proper "unlock file" ? I know a lot of people wanted to buy Alchemy so maybe the player might be the next best thing for them. Can't make patches with it but there is enough content to make it worthwhile in my opinion.
Yeah, I understood what you meant earlier..I was just subtly throwing everyone a bone on how to unlock things :)

STi_NJ wrote:Hmmm.. Before Camel Audio sold Alchemy, I had downloaded the free player and bought a few of the preset collections from them. Mostly cinematic and ambient stuff. When I installed the player again, it scanned and found and installed all of the preset sets that I had bought. I was just glad this all worked with 64 bit installation of Live. The player I had was v1.55
I have the same version of the player, I never installed it. If I'd try now, would it work? Does it require to create an account or is some challenge/response sort of?

Numanoid wrote: You have yourself made that available, and that should work with the Camel Player still:
http://rekkerd.org/patches/plug-in/alchemy/
None of my patches listed there work in the Player no doubt because they use samples not included in the Player content. But they all generate an error message "Error Found in Preset File on Line 1". So Line 1 either contains the name of the first sample used in the patch or a marker that makes it a "full version only patch". I've got some patches that only use the VA waves so as soon as the football game is over I'm going to copy them here and see if they work.

The whole point I'm trying to make is that it should be possible for those of us who own the full version to create patches to share with those who only have the player version as long as we stick to the samples contained in the Player content or the VA waves.......

chris.r wrote:
STi_NJ wrote:Hmmm.. Before Camel Audio sold Alchemy, I had downloaded the free player and bought a few of the preset collections from them. Mostly cinematic and ambient stuff. When I installed the player again, it scanned and found and installed all of the preset sets that I had bought. I was just glad this all worked with 64 bit installation of Live. The player I had was v1.55
I have the same version of the player, I never installed it. If I'd try now, would it work? Does it require to create an account or is some challenge/response sort of?
All I can say is that the CM Version of the player did not require any challenge/response or registration. I installed that version to see if it would still work because I know several people still want Alchemy on Windows and the Player is still worth using in my opinion. :)

I just got CM mag for the first time and installed the Mac Alchemy player which was fine and it works with wav sample libraries that I've downloaded. But I couldn't get it to install the sounds that come with it in the AlchemyPlayerCM-1-55.camelsounds file which is 480MB file. Has anyone had any luck with that? Or is there a way of doing it manually?

Well so much for sharing patches created using the full version with people who only have the CM Player version. Got this message when trying to load a couple of presets that only use the VA Saw waves......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Instruments”