32 LIVES: 32 to 64-Bit AU & VST adapter for OSX by Sound Radix

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

lvndr wrote:V2 requires an iLok account/PACE.
I had 32lives before iLok. Wonder now if I can still upgrade it and hopefully have 2 (!) licenses in my iLok-account. At the moment there are no licenses deposited in my ilok-account.

Later, when I have time, I will install the update and see what happens.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

I had v1, updated to v2beta, now to the official v2 release.

EDIT: This is wrong... see my post later...

Code: Select all

I don't need an iLok. Seems like if you had it before and registered it, you don't need iLok.
Last edited by stardustmedia on Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

stardustmedia wrote:I had v1, updated to v2beta, now to the official v2 release.

I don't need an iLok. Seems like if you had it before and registered it, you don't need iLok.

i had it before and it forced me to auth via ilok license app. also you have to re-register on sound raddix and they put the licenses in your ilok account.

does not require the dongle..

I would have thought something like this would have more relevance on Windows where 32 bit plugins still abound, but on Mac I can't really think of many that are still just 32 bit only and most of those are just because they are defunct and therefore may have limited lifespans anyway. So I'm not sure how I could justify the rather steep price - the few 32 bit plugins I still use - Hypersonic 2, Surge, Kubik, Kinisis, a couple of old NI fx and (very buggy) Imageline alphas I just open in Bitwig which has a very good wrapper already.

aMUSEd wrote:I would have thought something like this would have more relevance on Windows where 32 bit plugins still abound, but on Mac I can't really think of many that are still just 32 bit only and most of those are just because they are defunct and therefore may have limited lifespans anyway.
Sure, there are probably more 32-bit plugins around for Windows, but the point of 32 Lives is *if* you have old Mac 32-bit plugins, you have a way of using them. The old EA Inspector XL is a good example of a great, but dead, 32-bit Mac plugin. Smexoscope *was* another, but within the last few weeks it got a new 64-bit version.

The price is fairly high, but if it lets you continue to use some important old plugins and retain old project compatibily for a while longer, then it's probably worth it...

I can confirm that 32lives v2 has to be activated with iLok.

I first just started the standalone app, and for that no activation is needed. As soon as you initiate the bridge in your DAW, you have to have the license in your iLok account.

But redeeming the code is a breeze. Straight forward. Done with a few clicks, and instantly receive the license.

BTW: You get 3 (!!!) licenses. AWESOME.

stardustmedia wrote:I can confirm that 32lives v2 has to be activated with iLok.
All iLok or iLok 2 only? (if you know...)

Neon Breath wrote:
stardustmedia wrote:I can confirm that 32lives v2 has to be activated with iLok.
i activated via ilok licenser on my HD.

but per the release notes:
iLok authorization (iLok 1, 2, 3 & disk authorization supported).
https://www.soundradix.com/products/32- ... ase-notes/

:tu:

dayjob wrote:
Neon Breath wrote:
i activated via ilok licenser on my HD.

but per the release notes:
iLok authorization (iLok 1, 2, 3 & disk authorization supported).
https://www.soundradix.com/products/32- ... ase-notes/

:tu:
Thanks alot! :)

dayjob wrote:doesn't work for the beloved Kkammerl plug ins :(
Tried them in Live and Reaper and they work here.
What isn't working? If we get a bug report we'll do our best to fix it.
Yair Chuchem
Sound Radix
Auto-Align - Automatic Microphone Time Alignment Plug-in
www.soundradix.com

yairadix wrote:
dayjob wrote:doesn't work for the beloved Kkammerl plug ins :(
Tried them in Live and Reaper and they work here.
What isn't working? If we get a bug report we'll do our best to fix it.
got them to work. in Live i had to rescan entire plug in folder to get it to work.. not just "rescan" button but deselect folder location then select it again.

seems fine now though.

they worked fine from the start in Renoise.. but most thing usually do.

yairadix wrote:... If we get a bug report we'll do our best to fix it.
nice of you to drop by.

any chance of a Windows version in the future?

jbuonacc wrote:any chance of a Windows version in the future?
There are no plans at the moment but the jury is still out..
Yair Chuchem
Sound Radix
Auto-Align - Automatic Microphone Time Alignment Plug-in
www.soundradix.com

thanks! with the amount of 32-bit users on Windows, i'd imagine it would be quite popular. there's a number of 32-bit synths and fx that i just wouldn't do without (if given the choice).

I've never been able to get this Sound Radix 32 Lives tool to work.

With Mobius 2 & SampleTank 2 (the 2 reasons I bought 32 Lives), neither Logic Pro X nor Live 10 can even see the rendered plugin adaptors. I've done the reset cache thing for Logic and rescan in Live. No love.

Is it just me?

EDIT: Sound Radix support helped. It was an issue caused by CleanMyMac disabling the launch agents. Sorted now.
Last edited by Vaultnaemsae on Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”