SynthMaster v2.9.8 released with 50 new cinematic presets by DeJaVu Sound

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2

Taurus wrote:Thx for info. I bought Synthmaster. Is there a release date for version 3 out?
Hopefuly around September/October 2017.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Elektronisch wrote: Oh nice!

Tho personaly i think SM One need some colors because right now it doesnt look very pleasent :-)
Does the word "prototype" ring a bell :lol:
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:
Taurus wrote:Thx for info. I bought Synthmaster. Is there a release date for version 3 out?
Hopefuly around September/October 2017.
nice :tu:

I've been getting 100% cpu spikes on my Win 7 x64 machine running the stand alone version. Using an m-audio fw1814 asio drivers set to a latency of 256. It's totally unusable in standalone mode. VSTi works fine using Reaper and the 1814. Also on my Win 8.1 x64 machine the standalone version doesn't setup/recognize my m-audio profire 2626 asio settings. For example, outputs show as "L" for the left output and 'adat...' for the right output. If you try using the dropdown menus to try changing the settings there is nothing in them. This is the first softsynth I've installed that fails to read the profire's asio settings. :( VSTi use is fine...using Reaper and my profire.

I'm liking the sound of SM though some strange things hear and there. For example on the settings screen there is an on-off toggle below the cc74 toggle. No label on it - have no idea what it does. :?:
Dave

des wrote:I've been getting 100% cpu spikes on my Win 7 x64 machine running the stand alone version. Using an m-audio fw1814 asio drivers set to a latency of 256. It's totally unusable in standalone mode. VSTi works fine using Reaper and the 1814. Also on my Win 8.1 x64 machine the standalone version doesn't setup/recognize my m-audio profire 2626 asio settings. For example, outputs show as "L" for the left output and 'adat...' for the right output. If you try using the dropdown menus to try changing the settings there is nothing in them. This is the first softsynth I've installed that fails to read the profire's asio settings. :( VSTi use is fine...using Reaper and my profire.

I'm liking the sound of SM though some strange things hear and there. For example on the settings screen there is an on-off toggle below the cc74 toggle. No label on it - have no idea what it does. :?:
Are you sure you are running v2.8.7 ? When we release v2.8.5 there was a CPU issue but we fixed that in v2.8.6
Works at KV331 Audio

We are finally adding support for multiple resolutions! Wait for v2.8.8! Going from 100% to 200% is easy but we might release 150% as well:
SM Multiple Resolutions.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Works at KV331 Audio

kv331 wrote:We are finally adding support for multiple resolutions! Wait for v2.8.8:
SM Multiple Resolutions.jpg
YYYEEESSS!!!! Awesome!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

:tu:

Awesome indeed and yes 150% would be great too :-)
rsp
sound sculptist

Yes please, I don't know if in 1080p screens the 200% size will fit...

kv331 wrote:
des wrote:I've been getting 100% cpu spikes on my Win 7 x64 machine running the stand alone version. Using an m-audio fw1814 asio drivers set to a latency of 256. It's totally unusable in standalone mode. VSTi works fine using Reaper and the 1814. Also on my Win 8.1 x64 machine the standalone version doesn't setup/recognize my m-audio profire 2626 asio settings. For example, outputs show as "L" for the left output and 'adat...' for the right output. If you try using the dropdown menus to try changing the settings there is nothing in them. This is the first softsynth I've installed that fails to read the profire's asio settings. :( VSTi use is fine...using Reaper and my profire.

Are you sure you are running v2.8.7 ? When we release v2.8.5 there was a CPU issue but we fixed that in v2.8.6
I purchased SM last week and downloaded the installer. When I use the 'check for update' feature it comes back with no updates available.
Dave

kv331 wrote:We are finally adding support for multiple resolutions! Wait for v2.8.8! Going from 100% to 200% is easy but we might release 150% as well:...
Oh, that would be the best Christmas present. The more I use SM, the more I'm blown away by its depth and capabilities. I honestly think its price (and learning curve UI) is what keeps musicians from comparing it to the more expensive boutique plugins. If SM were to be a new release now with a bigger screen, the clammoring (Avenger, Rapid) would be incessant - especially with Satyatune''s GUI. I love my Diva, Bazille, Spectral, et al, but SM has been my late favorite (along with the intuitive Predator2).

Bodhisan wrote:
kv331 wrote:We are finally adding support for multiple resolutions! Wait for v2.8.8! Going from 100% to 200% is easy but we might release 150% as well:...
Oh, that would be the best Christmas present. The more I use SM, the more I'm blown away by its depth and capabilities. I honestly think its price (and learning curve UI) is what keeps musicians from comparing it to the more expensive boutique plugins. If SM were to be a new release now with a bigger screen, the clammoring (Avenger, Rapid) would be incessant - especially with Satyatune''s GUI. I love my Diva, Bazille, Spectral, et al, but SM has been my late favorite (along with the intuitive Predator2).
F5 :hyper:

Bodhisan wrote:The more I use SM, the more I'm blown away by its depth and capabilities. I honestly think its price (and learning curve UI) is what keeps musicians from comparing it to the more expensive boutique plugins. If SM were to be a new release now with a bigger screen, the clamoring (Avenger, Rapid) would be incessant - especially with Satyatune''s GUI. I love my Diva, Bazille, Spectral, et al, but SM has been my late favorite (along with the intuitive Predator2).
Here the same, the more I use it, the more I'll love it. One of the best synths out there and soo underrated cause of GUI and price.

Taurus wrote:
Bodhisan wrote:The more I use SM, the more I'm blown away by its depth and capabilities. I honestly think its price (and learning curve UI) is what keeps musicians from comparing it to the more expensive boutique plugins. If SM were to be a new release now with a bigger screen, the clamoring (Avenger, Rapid) would be incessant - especially with Satyatune''s GUI. I love my Diva, Bazille, Spectral, et al, but SM has been my late favorite (along with the intuitive Predator2).
Here the same, the more I use it, the more I'll love it. One of the best synths out there and soo underrated cause of GUI and price.
I don't think the price point is the reason why it may be "underrated". Just my opinion, but, it just sounds dull to me. But then, i like synths with character. Synthmaster sounds "neutral", not a lot of character, and, somehow, "softsynthy". May be cool for some people, but, i like more edgy things. Fair enough, that's why we can be happy that we have the choice. If it was for the price, it would be the best bang for the buck you can get out of the current soft synths. But, if you don't happen to like the sound, then that is not very relevant.

Return to “Instruments”