SynthMaster Song Contest with $2000 cash prize(s) + software licenses

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SynthMaster 2 SynthMaster Player for iOS

GeorgeZ wrote:Are we allowed to enter more than 1 track?
....?
Eternitysound VST Banks

GeorgeZ wrote:
GeorgeZ wrote:Are we allowed to enter more than 1 track?
....?
Yes.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

Cool. Cheers Bulent ;)
Eternitysound VST Banks

This is the first time I'm even thinking about joining a contest. Not doing it to win, but for fun, and to learn (gain experience). We'll see, maybe I will finish in time :)

Anyway I have a question. No other instrument plugins other than SynthMaster is allowed, I get that. But I was thinking about one ore more instances of MicroTonic, which is more of a drum/percussion machine. As drums were allowed from other sources, would MicroTonic be allowed as well (I have been using a few percussion sounds from it so far)? If no, would it be allowed if I sampled the percussion sounds?
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

^I guess that uTonic would be allowed, it specifies within the rules...

I also recommend you take a look at Synthmaster too, there are quite a few gems for drums/perc :P

3ee wrote:^I guess that uTonic would be allowed, it specifies within the rules...

I also recommend you take a look at Synthmaster too, there are quite a few gems for drums/perc :P
Cool, thanks :)
i9-10900K | 128GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | Arturia AudioFuse/KeyLab mkII/SparkLE | PreSonus ATOM/ATOM SQ | Studio One | Reason | Bitwig Studio | Reaper | Renoise | FL Studio | ~900 VSTs | 300+ REs

starflakeprj wrote:
Anyway I have a question. No other instrument plugins other than SynthMaster is allowed, I get that. But I was thinking about one ore more instances of MicroTonic, which is more of a drum/percussion machine. As drums were allowed from other sources, would MicroTonic be allowed as well (I have been using a few percussion sounds from it so far)? If no, would it be allowed if I sampled the percussion sounds?
Yep, you can use that!
Works at KV331 Audio

Key Velocity Problem

I'm using synthmaster 2.7.6 and am having trouble setting velocity. I have set the voice of the layer to respond to midi key velocity and turned the influence knob to a value, but I get the same loud non-terminating note no matter how I press the key. There is no release on the note envelope, so it's just not terminating correctly. I'm using FL Studio 11, and I've set the "send note off velocity" tab in the wrapper. The other notes don't cut off so eventually it spikes the cpu if I don't hit the noise stop on my daw. I don't believe I'm doing it correctly. Possibly there is a simpler way?

I posted this in the kvraudio kv331 forum a short while ago, but it looks like more people might see it here. Thanks for any assistance.

omac wrote:Key Velocity Problem

I'm using synthmaster 2.7.6 and am having trouble setting velocity. I have set the voice of the layer to respond to midi key velocity and turned the influence knob to a value, but I get the same loud non-terminating note no matter how I press the key. There is no release on the note envelope, so it's just not terminating correctly. I'm using FL Studio 11, and I've set the "send note off velocity" tab in the wrapper. The other notes don't cut off so eventually it spikes the cpu if I don't hit the noise stop on my daw. I don't believe I'm doing it correctly. Possibly there is a simpler way?

I posted this in the kvraudio kv331 forum a short while ago, but it looks like more people might see it here. Thanks for any assistance.
As we stated in the user manual, do NOT assign + modulation to layer voice parameter. Otherwise the voice will never terminate. assign midi velocity to ADSR Envelope 1 amount as + modulation. Thanks!
Works at KV331 Audio

Thank you. I read the 2.7.6 manual. It wasn't obvious to me and wasn't mentioned in any of the few entries regarding midi velocity, and since I didn't find anything directly addressing this I used a patch with keyboard velocity enabled -> Nori Ubukata - Sounds of the World -> Indian Santoor as a model. I have the latest synthmaster version on another pc. This one has XP 32 bit on it and can't host the latest version. Hopefully, the new one addresses this a little better for someone (like me) who might be a little dense regarding this.

Is it ok to use plug-ins or tools to process our submission? (reverb, EQ, fade-in, etc) Do we retain the rights to our song?

They're letting you use external vst effects. Not sure on the rights/permissions thing.
Free BassTables for Xfer Serum 1 | 2
2016 Synthmaster Song Contest Winner Presets

Now that I'm almost finished with my entry, I should ask: how does one "submit to KVR" exactly? I understand everything about submitting the song through your contact form. This however has nothing to do with KVR's site. Are we meant to post it here somewhere as well? I just want to make sure I'm not missing any steps.

you'll probably find most answers in the 1st post! :)
"5. The song links should be submitted to KV331 Audio between December 1-December 18, after being uploaded to file sharing services like Dropbox or Google Drive. The song should be in 320kbits/sec, 44.1kHz stereo MP3 format. While submitting the song links, participants should also include the following information as well: Name of the DAW application, names of the presets used in their song. Users should use KV331 Audio’s ‘contact us’ page for submitting the necessary information.

6. All songs will be uploaded to a new playlist on KV331 Audio's SoundCloud channel and announced on their Facebook channel between December 12-December 18."

Whoops. I completely misread the original post. I thought that first sentence read "The song links should be submitted to KVR Audio". Thanks for pointing that out.

Return to “Instruments”