G-Sonique FM Wave XR7

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When clicking on this thread, my AV said g-sonique.com is a known malware host and thus blocked the links to that site :?

Fluffy, what AV are you running ?

Anyway from the Image-Line Forums:
reflex wrote:It's best to forget about Flowstone ... there won't be any updates for it. They're focusing on robotics and not audio dsp now.
:shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:Fluffy, what AV are you running ?

Anyway from the Image-Line Forums:
reflex wrote:It's best to forget about Flowstone ... there won't be any updates for it. They're focusing on robotics and not audio dsp now.
:shrug:
Emsisoft (little known, but very good according to independent tests) :roll:

fluffy_little_something wrote:Emsisoft (little known, but very good according to independent tests) :roll:
http://g-sonique.com/ got a 1/68 score at Virus Total. Emisisoft was the 1......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

fluffy_little_something wrote:Emsisoft (little known, but very good according to independent tests) :roll:
According to PC Mag review:

"Behavior alert system flagged only valid programs, no malware. Very poor score in our hands-on antiphishing test."

Oh, strange. I had checked independent sites before I bought it and it fared very well there...

Just got a reply from jBridge developer, he actually offers the services of creating a custom bridge for 32 bit plugins so I guess that's what G-Sonique did there. There's a fee per plugin that is moderate, it's not NI Kontakt player fee but it's not cheap either.

So if there's anyone out there who wants their SE/Flowstone creation with a custom made bridge, contact jBridge dev and make it happens!

Please don't encourage them. A folder full of Synth Edit or Flowstone plugins each one running it's own custom jBridge ? Umm no thank you. :uhuhuh:

Teksonik wrote:Please don't encourage them. A folder full of Synth Edit or Flowstone plugins each one running it's own custom jBridge ? Umm no thank you. :uhuhuh:
If you're not interested in that, what are you doing in this thread? :hihi:

Life would be long if I were to spent time discussing things I'm not interested in... It reminds me of this video by Techmoan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57cUS9pWTXI

:wink:

SampleScience wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Please don't encourage them. A folder full of Synth Edit or Flowstone plugins each one running it's own custom jBridge ? Umm no thank you. :uhuhuh:
If you're not interested in that, what are you doing in this thread? :hihi:

Life would be long if I were to spent time discussing things I'm not interested in... It reminds me of this video by Techmoan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57cUS9pWTXI

:wink:
wow...that's strong! I just added techmoan to my list today! :tu:
Awesome video's

SampleScience wrote:There's a fee per plugin that is moderate, it's not NI Kontakt player fee but it's not cheap either.
That may explain why they haven't released all their plugins as x64.

SampleScience wrote:If you're not interested in that, what are you doing in this thread? :hihi:
To encourage developers to move away from Flowstone since........
Like I said don't encourage people to bog down their SE/SM/Flowstone creations with custom jBridge.exe files. As you can imagine it's going to cause performance issues etc.

In the long run you'll be hurting developers by stunting their growth by discouraging them from learning to code outside of the "Save As" environments.

I don't want these developers to release 64 bit plugins bloated with individual Bit Bridges I want them to release their ideas as native 64 Bit plugins so neither one of us is burdened obsolete technology. :wink:

Lejurai wrote:
SampleScience wrote:There's a fee per plugin that is moderate, it's not NI Kontakt player fee but it's not cheap either.
That may explain why they haven't released all their plugins as x64.
Yeah, totally! From a dev perspective, you have to chose which product you think will "succeed" to make sure you don't end up in the red. I find it strange that G-Sonique decided to use this for FM Wave XR7, as I think the synth is not good enough to make it worth the investment, but they have their fans (check their Facebook page), so who knows!

Teksonik wrote:Like I said don't encourage people to bog down their SE/SM/Flowstone creations with custom jBridge.exe files. As you can imagine it's going to cause performance issues etc.

In the long run you'll be hurting developers by stunting their growth by discouraging them from learning to code outside of the "Save As" environments.

I don't want these developers to release 64 bit plugins bloated with individual Bit Bridges I want them to release their ideas as native 64 Bit plugins so neither one of us is burdened obsolete technology. :wink:
To be fair, SynthMaker was released around 10 years ago (or maybe could be more I dont remember), when this 64 bit bullshit was not a problem. At that time people who invested their money into the application had no idea it wont make a transition to 64 bit. Sure its too late now, but I finally learned all the tricks and hidden secrets of the application where I am able to do things I would never would have thought possible. When I first tried with C++ I couldnt even compile an example synth, it seemed you need a rocket science degreee to do anything. Then I found SynthMaker, where I just pressed export and there was the plugin. It allowed me to be creative and do things visually, and I didnt have to spend wasting time figuring out how to draw a bitmap on screen with c++, where here I could just drag it in. If it werent for SynthMaker I would never have made any synth. So there are two choices: 1. I dont make any synth, or 2. I make a synth with Synthmaker which is 32 bit only. At this point to use a custom bridge, is an only viable option to have for those who cannot use 32 bit for some reason.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

As someone who is VERY interested in that Adam would release his synth and have enough sales to warrant further support and development (and I think a custom bridge which will look like a native 64 bit version for an end user would be very helpful in that) I'm happy to know that such an option exists.

I think custom coded bridge in any case will cause less bugs and performance iussues than generic Jbridge.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Return to “Instruments”