Nocturna FREE VST!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nocturna

ATN69 wrote: Is this both 32-bit and 64-bit?
I'd like to know that too.

Your website doesn't say, so perhaps you could let us know.

It's 32 bit only.

devilnishy wrote:It's 32 bit only.
Thanks devilnishy.

It's not meant for me then.

Andywanders wrote:
devilnishy wrote:It's 32 bit only.
Thanks devilnishy.

It's not meant for me then.
Yeah, i de-installed it after i saw it was a 32bit Synthedit contraption. I played with it for a little bit, but i didn't find anything useful about the synth. Not for me, this thing.

calgarc wrote:I decided to make it as the free giveaway my label does every year
Ok, cool! I''ve posted about it on my web pages, it's always nice to spread news about nice free synths.
Thanks the free gift :tu: and all the best for your music productions. :phones:

yeah, the plugin is only 32bit, although I may work on a 64bit and mac os port at some point. as for the CPU usage, you can lower the CPU usage by lowering the voices used...

Looks nice :) The Wave Generator pic on your download page asked me to load chiptune waves into it :) we'll see how it goes...

anyone find any bugs??

calgarc wrote:yeah, the plugin is only 32bit, although I may work on a 64bit and mac os port at some point. as for the CPU usage, you can lower the CPU usage by lowering the voices used...
I have been trying it on FL Studio 64 bit. Thus they could explain why it uses a lot of CPU at times.

calgarc wrote:anyone find any bugs??
Well, I suppose that I did find one bug that I said earlier: the piano keys are strangely blurred.

trampofnine wrote:
calgarc wrote:yeah, the plugin is only 32bit, although I may work on a 64bit and mac os port at some point. as for the CPU usage, you can lower the CPU usage by lowering the voices used...
I have been trying it on FL Studio 64 bit. Thus they could explain why it uses a lot of CPU at times.
I found FL Studio to be pretty fair with CPU..not at all like Pro Tools or the phantom CPU jumps in Cubase.

yes, i found on big fat nice bug..... your requirements state win7 or higher, yet it seems to work
fine here in EnergyXT2 under Winxp SP3! woohoo! has a respectable 10% cpu load on most patches in savihost. playing with it and will report further good and bad bugs.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

[quote="layzer"][quote="calgarc"]anyone find any bugs??[/quote]

yes, i found on big fat nice bug..... your requirements state win7 or higher, yet it seems to work
fine here in EnergyXT2 under Winxp SP3! woohoo! has a respectable 10% cpu load on most patches in savihost. playing with it and will report further good and bad bugs.[/quote]

I guess thats a good bug to have :)

i think so... i'm just exploring the default patch and just went to the FX page. the tabs down at the bottom are set to REVERB, DELAY, NONE, NONE, NONE. i switched the first tab to DELAY and all the sound cut out. couldn't find any way to get sound out of it with both of those tabs set to delay, seems it doesn't let you open two instances of the same fx at once. switching it back to reverb (or something else other than delay) and turning off the delay (which is now "broken/silent") got it going again. same with the other fx, trying to use two at once breaks them.

also, it seems that the tabs are how you choose what fx are being used and their order. if you don't choose one of the fx with the tab it won't work (makes sense), but you can still turn it on/off with the button on the unit itself. pretty confusing thinking you're turning on the EQ with the button but not having it do anything without assigning it to a tab.

i've got to be completely honest, there's all sorts of "problems" with this thing.

- the filter resonance doesn't seem to do much of anything... and just based on what i'm hearing from tweaking the cutoff, these filters aren't too exciting.

- the fx aren't very good, and tweaking the delay time with high feedback gave off some nasty noises.

- retrigger/legato settings, but it defaults to 256-voice poly? and you want us to hit that "left" button 255 times to get it to mono or what? who needs 256 (?!) voices of polyphony for a synth like this anyway?

- switched on Sub A and turned it up. same with the wave generator. didn't hear anything until i realized that you need to assign it to Source 1/2 at the "envelope wheel" (whatever that means)? the pan on the Sub doesn't seem to work at all? the wave generator doesn't loop?

that's just for starters, i don't have time to deal with this (sorry). this synth needs lots of work. even the things that do work don't sound very good. looks kind of nice though. good luck with it.

[quote="jbuonacc"][quote="calgarc"]anyone find any bugs??[/quote]

i think so... i'm just exploring the default patch and just went to the FX page. the tabs down at the bottom are set to REVERB, DELAY, NONE, NONE, NONE. i switched the first tab to DELAY and all the sound cut out. couldn't find any way to get sound out of it with both of those tabs set to delay, seems it doesn't let you open two instances of the same fx at once. switching it back to reverb (or something else other than delay) and turning off the delay (which is now "broken/silent") got it going again. same with the other fx, trying to use two at once breaks them.

also, it seems that the tabs are how you choose what fx are being used and their order. if you don't choose one of the fx with the tab it won't work (makes sense), but you can still turn it on/off with the button on the unit itself. pretty confusing thinking you're turning on the EQ with the button but not having it do anything without assigning it to a tab.

i've got to be completely honest, there's all sorts of "problems" with this thing.

- the filter resonance doesn't seem to do much of anything... and just based on what i'm hearing from tweaking the cutoff, these filters aren't too exciting.

- the fx aren't very good, and tweaking the delay time with high feedback gave off some nasty noises.

- retrigger/legato settings, but it defaults to 256-voice poly? and you want us to hit that "left" button 255 times to get it to mono or what? who needs 256 (?!) voices of polyphony for a synth like this anyway?

- switched on Sub A and turned it up. same with the wave generator. didn't hear anything until i realized that you need to assign it to Source 1/2 at the "envelope wheel" (whatever that means)? the pan on the Sub doesn't seem to work at all? the wave generator doesn't loop?

that's just for starters, i don't have time to deal with this (sorry). this synth needs [i]lots[/i] of work. even the things that do work don't sound very good. looks kind of nice though. good luck with it.[/quote]

I wrote in the documentation that you cannot use the same effect twice as it feedbacks and the sound stops. the menu at the bottom was intended for arranging the order of the effects you want.

Return to “Instruments”