Waveforms and edit clips not really saved - T7

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello.

Would like to have your feedback about the fact that the waveforms in T7 are really often recalculated when I reopen a project, not inevitably old.

The same for the edit clips, especially in a big project.
25 edit clips for a mastering edit and waveforms always recalculated.

Really complicated and waste of time.

Thanks for your work.

Nobody experiences that ?

It has always been like this, even with the last versions of Tracktion.
Since version 3 !

Thanks.

Up !

Nobody ?

Do This only happens with large Tracktion edits, when I mean large it can be one of the 2 or both, 1, a lot of tracks, 2, a lot of Cpu used in the edit. But my pro tools and every other Day will take a little longer to load with the same amount of plugins and tracks but you won see your edit until it is also loaded. In Tracktion the edit will open and load all audio from left to right while you can still see the edit which allows you to steal start playing your edit from the start point while it load the tracks. I Always look at this as a plus. A 60 track 100 plus plugins edition pro tools takes about 2 to 3 minutes to load the whole project with no interaction with the project allowed until it is fully loaded so look at this as a plus.

same here with edit-clips, often recalculated without a reason (underlying edit not changed or even opened).

big waste of time, yes! i avoid editclips because of that, which is sad, becaus it is a great feature!

Thanks Lay It.

However, I don't think It's correct to have to render again and again tracks and edit clips when no modifications have been made !

Therefore, a large project could load much more quickly.

Why are the waveforms not saved ?

On a real big project, when all tracks render again, It's nearly impossible to start playing in any event because hard drive and cpu are overwhelmed.

Looks like an error to me. Thanks.

Return to “Tracktion”