G-Sonique FM Wave XR7

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

adamtrance wrote:So there are two choices: 1. I dont make any synth, or 2. I make a synth with Synthmaker which is 32 bit only. At this point to use a custom bridge, is an only viable option to have for those who cannot use 32 bit for some reason.
3. Reaktor based synth?

Lejurai wrote:3. Reaktor based synth?
The problem with reaktor is that 1, people see your source code, which is not always desirable, 2. I cant really program advanced graphics, and 3. I am able to optimize my code much much more with assembly (which FlowStone has).
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

adamtrance wrote:
Lejurai wrote:3. Reaktor based synth?
The problem with reaktor is that 1, people see your source code, which is not always desirable, 2. I cant really program advanced graphics, and 3. I am able to optimize my code much much more with assembly (which FlowStone has).
That's the cool thing with Flowstone (and SE); you can program visually and go into the module and code line by line. You can then test your synth/effect in real time which is really fast and efficient.

I'm looking forward your Virus inspired synth as it sounds really good (judging from the demo video) and it looks good too! :tu:

adamtrance wrote: I dont make any synth, or 2. I make a synth with Synthmaker which is 32 bit only. At this point to use a custom bridge, is an only viable option to have for those who cannot use 32 bit for some reason.
Once again.........
reflex wrote:It's best to forget about Flowstone ... there won't be any updates for it. They're focusing on robotics and not audio dsp now.
I'd hate for anyone to waste time on a sinking ship.

Anyway as for custom Bit Bridges for each Flowstone plugin....imagine you're running a dozen different plugins from different developers in the same project. Will each plugin have it's own Bit Bridge running at the same time ? So a dozen .exes running at the same time ? Obviously that's not optimal.
adamtrance wrote:So there are two choices: 1. I dont make any synth, or 2. I make a synth with Synthmaker which is 32 bit only.
3. Find someone who can program DSP code without the need for SE/SM/FS. A similar arraignment that Rob Papen has with Jon Ayres. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

3. Find someone who can program DSP code without the need for SE/SM/FS. A similar arraignment that Rob Papen has with Jon Ayres. :wink:
And to pay an over 9000 dollars for the porting of the plug and put the price at $ 200 per license? Stop whining people !!!! Who said that flowstone sinking ship? The fan group on facebook about flowstone one of the developers said that he was doing code refactoring flowstone and work is underway to prepare for the 64-bit. Please stop hating flowstone !!! I am sure that the developer flowstone slowly but surely come to 64, and also slowly but surely gets to the MAC OS. Then we will talk about a sinking ship. :x :x :x :x :x :x :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg: :borg:
Access Virus FAN

Calm down lady you'll pop a button. Nobody is going to take your toys away...... :wink:
Anjey_Olaf wrote:Stop whining people !!!! :
You should take your own advice......... :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:Calm down lady you'll pop a button. Nobody is going to take your toys away...... :wink
making me laugh :D :wink:

Do not misunderstand me. I do not want to offend anyone. Porting can require large investments. Write to C ++ code on devices such complexity can be a very complicated procedure. :wink:
You should take your own advice......... :tu:
Take what? You do not like my expression? If I offended you I apologize. But it does not change the essence! :wink: :roll:
Access Virus FAN

Anjey_Olaf wrote:Porting can require large investments. Write to C ++ code on devices such complexity can be a very complicated procedure. :wink:
Yes which is why Rob Papen partnered up with Jon Ayres of CoFX to make plugins together and they have released some great ones. Rob has ideas, Jon has coding skills.....perfect partnership.

So from a business standpoint it would be better if someone has good ideas for a new synth to release it as 64 bit, Mac OS, AAX etc rather than a crippled Flowstone plugin limited to Windows or 32 Bit or bloated with a third party Bit Bridge (that they have no control of). :wink:
Anjey_Olaf wrote:But it does not change the essence! :wink: :roll:
No it doesn't so stop whining.

Teksonik wrote:
Anjey_Olaf wrote:Porting can require large investments. Write to C ++ code on devices such complexity can be a very complicated procedure. :wink:
Yes which is why Rob Papen partnered up with Jon Ayres of CoFX to make plugins together and they have released some great ones. Rob has ideas, Jon has coding skills.....perfect partnership.

So from a business standpoint it would be better if someone has good ideas for a new synth to release it as 64 bit, Mac OS, AAX etc rather than a crippled Flowstone plugin limited to Windows or 32 Bit or bloated with a third party Bit Bridge (that they have no control of). :wink:
Anjey_Olaf wrote:But it does not change the essence! :wink: :roll:
No it doesn't so stop whining.
Totally agree with you. I learned to program in C ++ is still at the university. A month ago, I learned JUCE, and I easily managed to collect it simple synthesizer with a simple interface. But to port a project such as the Viper I alone will take a year to complete the entire encapsulation and spend debugging. In C ++ you can create synthesizers only when you are running a team of developers and already have a prototype ready with all calculations Generated such as Flowstone. :) :wink:
Access Virus FAN

Anjey_Olaf wrote: In C ++ you can create synthesizers only when you are running a team of developer
Bull. Many many fantastic plugins are created by one man operations or two man operations. :wink:

You can spend time creating a proper plugin or you can pump something out in Flowstone that many people won't even consider buying because it's not 64 Bit or there is no Mac version or because it requires a custom bit bridge to work in 64 bit environments etc. It all depends on how serious you are....if you're just doing it as as a hobby then use Flowstone.

Teksonik wrote:
Anjey_Olaf wrote: In C ++ you can create synthesizers only when you are running a team of developer
Bull. Many many fantastic plugins are created by one man operations or two man operations. :wink:

You can spend time creating a proper plugin or you can pump something out in Flowstone that many people won't even consider buying because it's not 64 Bit or there is no Mac version or because it requires a custom bit bridge to work in 64 bit environments etc. It all depends on how serious you are....if you're just doing it as as a hobby then use Flowstone.
2dat obxd?

skimmed thru the specs on the webpage, it mentions this "D-Monizer" effect several times but gives no indication as to what it does or how it works, should at least put a teaser there...

Return to “Instruments”