One Synth Challenge #93: OBXD by DiscoDSP & 2DaT (mmGhost Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Syntilla wrote:The OSC is currently displaying all the symptoms of 'battered wife syndrome'. Unless you recognise that fact - and take action - the eventual consequences could be catastrophic.
The "battered person" being the OSC, allowing the situation to continue; not any particular individual in the thread. I agree.

Having noticed what's up, my personal way of dealing with this has been, as witnessed, confronting the issue and trying to articulate what is so wrong with it. In my opinion, if the situation has been active for a loooong time and doesn't change by repeatedly confronting it, outlining what's wrong -- and in the end, someone always keeps saying something to the effect of "you have my word I'll stay away" ... and has been doing the equivalent for months (years?)... the appropriate response indeed becomes: "okay, let us help you do just that."

Eh, you guys shouldn't prolong the matter! ;)
...I shouldn't add anything more! :hihi: :dog: (I totally forgot to add: :oops: )

Voted. Really inspiring work everyone! This was a fun round to participate in.

Also voted. Humbled by the collective talent of this group!

Well, I voted ... but:
There are so many tracks with an equal level this month (in my ears).
I really have difficulties to jugde :(
So give me a few days to relax my ears and check my rating :hihi:

Thank you very much for listening and commenting my track and also
many thanks to Brian for his effort keeping this challenge "in tune" ...

Good luck to all!

I'l start to listen the entries just these evening,many great tracks,difficult to choose a top one
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

mmGhost wrote:
Mjr5house wrote:Sure heres a spotify link https://open.spotify.com/track/5mYJpV9DxbPPrRiaDYvNZx
is "Wildhouse" your artist name on Spotify? If so 'Asian Orbit' is dope. nice work. :phones:

Yes that is me. Thanks very much!!!

jasinski wrote:Wags, I'll humbly put this idea out there (I've observed it in others and lived it myself). A bit of success or even a LOT of success won't change the way you feel about yourself or your work. That's gotta come from inside.

Yes this is it very well said ^^^^^

Mjr5house wrote: Yes this is it very well said ^^^^^
Why thank you sir

Voted,too many great tracks,really difficult choose the best,maybe a voting system with 1 to 10 points would be better :)
12 years old PC running :Reaper;Reason;Dune;Zampler;Kontakr;Reaktor;and many others countless vst :D

********* DoctorBob has voted **********

Wow! So many good tracks :clap: . Just about everyone brought something to the table from OBXd, very hard to separate. :dog: I fear my subjective vote weighs in a bit heavier this time round. :phones:

dB

Voted! There is really good tracks :tu:

JKFlashico

reusenoise wrote:Voted,too many great tracks,really difficult choose the best,maybe a voting system with 1 to 10 points would be better :)
Yo, I think that'd be a wicked idea. I've also had a lot of cases where I'd like to nudge certain tracks just a bit above 4, but not quite 5 - whilst not being in the 4-section with other tracks, either. An option for more precise voting from 1-10 would indeed be awesome, just my $0.02.

voted.

Got some of your tunes stuck in my head now :tu: imo that's what counts ;-)
(Don't worry, my vote has been more sophisticated than that I hope...)

Thanks Bjporter for keeping OSC running. Much appreciated!
And thanks to all who left a comment on my track and thank you for some really nice tunes. Good luck!

Voted.

Lots of 4s and 5s. I don't know if it was the voice panning on this synth, but the stereo image on a lot of tracks was really nice, more than I've noticed in the past. Well done.

Return to “Instruments”